FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1906860-marriott-bonvoy-ambassador-elite-level-experiences-2020-earlier.html)

Safti May 27, 2019 6:03 pm

It's been my experience with an Ambassador this year that I still have to do the heavy lifting to get upgrades. Ambassadors are not able to contact the hotel directly but have an internal method of communication and a dedicated department at Bonvoy to deal with these things. When I have used them, they seemingly have little clout with the hotels. Especially with Marriott. More luck with SPG because they understand the use of an Ambassador. I suspect that Marriott is still getting used to what an Ambassador actually is. As well, I have had an issue with one of the promos that I am registered for but the IT department is not reflecting my stays. My ambassador tells me that the Marriott Research team will get back to me on this. I've waited over a month and have not heard from the crack Marriott research team.

bhrubin May 28, 2019 12:46 pm

LMAO my Ambassador just helped me save my brother and his gf in Paris after he broke his leg falling off one of those e-scooters. Their 3rd story AirBnb in the Marais doesn't have an elevator, so a quick call to my Ambassador and they have an upgraded handicap accessible room at the nearby Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon for their final nights--using my 35K certs. They even greeted my brother on arrival with a wheelchair. He won't be living this one down for quite some time.

damon88 May 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Just received a friendly email from my wonderful Ambassador advising me that my 60,000 points just posted to my account (less than 48 hours after I checked out) I feel very fortunate to have received this gift. Crossing my fingers for more FTs.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...133c2a6784.jpg

Brandinho1 May 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31141143)
Just checked and was pleased to see I’ve already been pre-upgraded to a One Bedroom Executive Suite for my return stay at the RC Georgetown for the coming weekend.

I’d say my Ambassador status makes quite a difference. Wouldn’t you?

So much for needing SNAs when Ritz-Carlton treats an Ambassador guest right, anyway.

So my suite upgrade tally for only Ritz-Carlton in the USA in 2019:

RC Coconut Grove: pre-upgraded to Partial Water View One Bedroom Suite
RC Washington: pre-upgraded to best category Premium room...almost sold out property
RC Boston: arrived and upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite...sold out property
RC Georgetown: booked Executive Suite, no upgrade..sold out property
RC Chicago: booked Executive Suite, upgraded to Gold Coast One Bedroom Suite...almost sold out property
RC Bacara Santa Barbara: pre-upgraded to Garden View One Bedroom Suite, later upgraded to Oceanview One Bedroom Suite...sold out property
RC Half Moon Bay: pre-upgraded to Ocean House Firepit One Bedroom Suite, almost sold out property
RC Georgetown (upcoming): pre-upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite, property seems close to sold out
RC Boston (upcoming): booked in entry level room...so time will tell

I do believe my Ambassador status and/or my Ambassador has made a bit of an impact.

I’m betting your Ambassdor did have something to do with it. I can’t agree with you more about managing expectations. Can’t stay at a Fairfield Inn & Suites and expect an ice sculpture carved in your room for a welcome gift 😂. I am lucky to have a great ambassador myself. I was pre upgraded to a stay at the St Regis Mexico City next month into the Luxury Suite more than 2 months out. I have never seen a pre upgrade so far out

bhrubin May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 (Post 31151621)
Can’t stay at a Fairfield Inn & Suites and expect an ice sculpture carved in your room for a welcome gift ��.

:D :D :D :D :D

You gotta turn that into a meme please. :p

EuropeanPete May 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31150909)
Just received a friendly email from my wonderful Ambassador advising me that my 60,000 points just posted to my account (less than 48 hours after I checked out) I feel very fortunate to have received this gift. Crossing my fingers for more FTs.

I’m currently owned at least 40,000 points from incorrect stay postings over the last 2 months, so you can count me jealous.

Flying for Fun May 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 (Post 31151621)

I’m betting your Ambassdor did have something to do with it. I can’t agree with you more about managing expectations. Can’t stay at a Fairfield Inn & Suites and expect an ice sculpture carved in your room for a welcome gift 😂. I am lucky to have a great ambassador myself. I was pre upgraded to a stay at the St Regis Mexico City next month into the Luxury Suite more than 2 months out. I have never seen a pre upgrade so far out

My St. Regis Bora Bora stay was upgraded 2 1/2 months out as a Titanium. ;) Reefside Villa $700 to an Overwater Deluxe Mt Otemanu View Villa. $?????

James

bhrubin May 30, 2019 8:36 pm

And yet another specialty suite upgrade

Hold your horses: my app shows I’ve been further pre-upgraded to the Ritz-Carlton Suite at the RC Georgetown for my arrival coming up. That’s from an entry level paid room to the second nicest suite. Wowzers, indeed.

Sorry, folks. I do think I love Marriott, after all. Perhaps even more than Starwood (gasp).

Ambassador status matters.

escape4 May 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31155567)
I do think I love Marriott, after all. Perhaps even more than Starwood (gasp).

Coming from you, that is quite a statement! :eek::cool:^:D

kaizen7 May 30, 2019 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31155567)
Hold your horses: my app shows I’ve been further pre-upgraded to the Ritz-Carlton Suite at the RC Georgetown for my arrival coming up. That’s from an entry level paid room to the second nicest suite. Wowzers, indeed.

Sorry, folks. I do think I love Marriott, after all. Perhaps even more than Starwood (gasp).

Ambassador status matters.

I believe your ambassador and charm matters :D

Safti May 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31150909)

But I don't understand. Why did you get 60K points? Is every Ambassador getting those points?

MSPeconomist May 30, 2019 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Safti (Post 31155803)
But I don't understand. Why did you get 60K points? Is every Ambassador getting those points?

I'm not, and I didn't get the email gift card either.

kaizen7 May 30, 2019 10:26 pm

Part of a secret promotion of Marriott... ambassador member who stay on points got 1 night points refunded (free night on Marriott)

surprise and delight i believe

Safti May 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7 (Post 31155809)
Part of a secret promotion of Marriott... ambassador member who stay on points got 1 night points refunded (free night on Marriott)

surprise and delight i believe

No kidding? Is it a secret bonus because it's not written down anywhere. How does one find out about it? Must you use it on a 60K per night category room or can us use it on a 50K per night room? Where can I locate this secret?

damon88 May 30, 2019 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Safti (Post 31155817)
No kidding? Is it a secret bonus because it's not written down anywhere. How does one find out about it? Must you use it on a 60K per night category room or can us use it on a 50K per night room? Where can I locate this secret?

Just like the many targeted promotions I didn’t get, this one is “luck of the draw.” Who knows how Ambassador members are chosen? I probably increased my odds by having several multi night point stays during the target period.

It also might have to do with 2018 being my record year for both nights and spend. Or???