Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Do "non-participating" Ritz hotels give Marriott elite night credits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do "non-participating" Ritz hotels give Marriott elite night credits?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I wonder about that too
Old May 2, 2018, 3:59 am

Strangely enough, in an email I received today from Marriott Rewards, they specifically include The Ritz, London. The link "Book Now" takes me to rtizcarlton.com where The Ritz London is not listed as a choice. Not sure why they would include this hotel in such an email given it has no linkage with the program.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Are they going to be forced to participate post merger either in August or Jan 1, 2019? or will the still be allowed to be an outlier?
Curious as well. Any specific reason to believe there might be a change or just speculation?
Old May 2, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by canred
Strangely enough, in an email I received today from Marriott Rewards, they specifically include The Ritz, London. The link "Book Now" takes me to rtizcarlton.com where The Ritz London is not listed as a choice. Not sure why they would include this hotel in such an email given it has no linkage with the program.
Talking about promotional email, I do receive an email from Ritz Carlton Rewards about stay and be rewarded (or similar)and it does mention Singapore and few other cities that have RC ....
When I try to click the link .... not just Singapore though ... its all not working somehow

I do hope RC Singapore and RC Reserve to be included in the new program
and also the double night benefit from RC =D
Old May 2, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mster
Curious as well. Any specific reason to believe there might be a change or just speculation?

No real reason, I usually go to Singapore 3-4 times a year and try and take my wife at least once. Just looking at different hotel options - always wanted to try the RC.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
I just look at Luxury Hotel Accommodations | The Ritz-Carlton to see the status of the hotels and which participate.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ENycSea
I just look at Luxury Hotel Accommodations The Ritz-Carlton to see the status of the hotels and which participate.

No one is bebating that they don't participate now, they never have and we all know that. What we are trying to ascertain is if they will in Aug 2018, or 1/1/2019 IAW the new Marriott rewards program
Old May 22, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
No one is bebating that they don't participate now, they never have and we all know that. What we are trying to ascertain is if they will in Aug 2018, or 1/1/2019 IAW the new Marriott rewards program
The original question was "Is there a list of RC hotels that do not participate in the Marriott Rewards program? ". I was providing the best resource I use to check which hotels do and don't participate.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Called MR today to check. Agent who used to be SPG agent said you do get elite night credit but no benefits.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:00 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
Called MR today to check. Agent who used to be SPG agent said you do get elite night credit but no benefits.
The work around would be to use FHR/Virtuoso/Ritz STARS program to secure your stay - at least for breakfast
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
RC partner Hotels (Ritz London, Ritz Paris, Ritz Madrid, Bulgari Hotels, etc) do not participate.
I've never understood the extent of the relationship or partnership with the Ritz hotel in London, for example. It's always mentioned as a partner hotel or however it's phrased, but I've never seen it as a booking option. Ever.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I've never understood the extent of the relationship or partnership with the Ritz hotel in London, for example. It's always mentioned as a partner hotel or however it's phrased, but I've never seen it as a booking option. Ever.
I vaguely get the London partnership. There was some accommodation of the name before Marriott ever came in the picture that likely predated the world of significant international travel. But ... of all the RC properties, the Singapore RC is the odd one out. Hard to believe that the cost of participating in the program wouldn't be outweighed by the benefits from a property perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.