Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Fantastic resort, a true work of art. Great food too, which is a rarity even in the best of hotels.
So far they offer full breakfast to Platinums, but in the future are going (i hope not! but that's what i was told) to switch to continental.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Solaz is better than SR Bal Harbour. It’s not close.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Solaz is better than SR Bal Harbour. It’s not close.
If it was in Miami Beach I have no doubts that it would be, but it's in Cabo and you can't swim in the ocean. Those two things put a huge discount in my mind on however nice the actual property is.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
If it was in Miami Beach I have no doubts that it would be, but it's in Cabo and you can't swim in the ocean. Those two things put a huge discount in my mind on however nice the actual property is.
It doesn't matter. Solaz is better. Full stop.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
It doesn't matter. Solaz is better. Full stop.
Ok, you "win" Are we done yet?

Regards
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
"Titanium Elite" looking for a points redemption at 60,000 points at this property in July, or else 35k or 45k at Sheraton or JW. Is it worth the premium in points?

Did anyone have updates re: on the breakfast buffet for gold/platinum elites?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
"Titanium Elite" looking for a points redemption at 60,000 points at this property in July, or else 35k or 45k at Sheraton or JW. Is it worth the premium in points?

Did anyone have updates re: on the breakfast buffet for gold/platinum elites?
I still owe a review from our stay in December, but this place is worth the premium. When we were there the breakfast amenity was the full buffet. A report upthread indicated that would change but I have no information on that. If you'd like I can provide an email address. Reach out via PM.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:58 am

Anyone know what a taxi runs from airport? Hotel is quoting $152 ea way for SUV pick-up.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Anyone know what a taxi runs from airport? Hotel is quoting $152 ea way for SUV pick-up.
Just look on trip advisor and get set up with a transportation service from the airport. It will be cheaper and better than what the hotel can provide and almost the same price as the taxi. All of the transport prices are outrageous considering how short of a drive it is from the airport to Solaz, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Uber is in Cabo too now, but it does not work from the airport and it does not really work getting pickups at the hotels because the security will not let them come on-premise without the hotel guest in the car, so you can use Uber to get back to the hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Just look on trip advisor and get set up with a transportation service from the airport. It will be cheaper and better than what the hotel can provide and almost the same price as the taxi. All of the transport prices are outrageous considering how short of a drive it is from the airport to Solaz, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Uber is in Cabo too now, but it does not work from the airport and it does not really work getting pickups at the hotels because the security will not let them come on-premise without the hotel guest in the car, so you can use Uber to get back to the hotel.
Wow, pretty frustrating that the resorts themselves are helping the taxi cartel and not allowing Ubers on-site without guests.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Wow, pretty frustrating that the resorts themselves are helping the taxi cartel and not allowing Ubers on-site without guests.

We use this service every time we go to Cabo. Same price as a taxi. Better service.

Private Transportation in Los Cabos - T R A N S L O B O DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY DMC
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I last paid $125 round trip after shopping around. There is a bit of a taxi mafia in Cabo. Its pretty outrageous considering I'd pay $25-35 for an Uber in NYC or LA. Frankly, I'd spend more time in Cabo but the taxi pricing is so annoying. I realize they are politically powerful but they're really hurting tourism.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
We had Ubers pick us up from the hotel regularly without issue. I would be surprised (and disappointed) to learn this changed. For what it's worth, we let the team in the lobby know we had one coming, and they radioed down to security to let the Uber through.

I will, however, echo the transportation advice. Our r/t was $120 through one of those services. Add a grocery stop for $30.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
We had Ubers pick us up from the hotel regularly without issue. I would be surprised (and disappointed) to learn this changed. For what it's worth, we let the team in the lobby know we had one coming, and they radioed down to security to let the Uber through.
Solaz is in Cabo no man's land, so the number of cars available was very low when we were there. We could not get a car to confirm a pick at the hotel and I have read about Ubers being turned away at other resorts in Cabo. I assumed them getting turned away was part of the reason they would not confirm a pickup. I am sure Uber will get better in Cabo overtime but expect the taxi cartel to fight hard.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I last paid $125 round trip after shopping around. There is a bit of a taxi mafia in Cabo. Its pretty outrageous considering I'd pay $25-35 for an Uber in NYC or LA. Frankly, I'd spend more time in Cabo but the taxi pricing is so annoying. I realize they are politically powerful but they're really hurting tourism.
Huh? The amount of time you spend in Cabo is predicated on taxi pricing? Seriously?

Why don't you just rent a car, problem solved? We've been going to Cabo area for ~20 years and renting cars there is generally crazy cheap and gives you a great deal more flexibility.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.