Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Gift - AC Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Welcome Gift - AC Hotels

Hello,

I recently had a two-night stay at the AC Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. While checking-in, I was offered the standard welcome gift of 500 points or $10 F&B credit per night. I requested the F&B credit. At check-out, I noticed that the credit had not been applied against a check from the previous day. When I questioned this, I was told that the F&B credit is only applied to spends inclusive of food, and not where a check consists only of beverages. I had never heard of this before. The person who was checking me out was quick to say that she would remove the F&B credit and apply the 500 points gift to my account instead, without really giving me an option. I was in a bit of a hurry to hit the road, so did not argue. I was a bit annoyed that this was not explained when I decided on the credit at check in, otherwise I would have just asked for the points. I believe there was no breakfast being served at the hotel, so I would not have been able to use the credit towards that, even if I had wanted a breakfast.

Only after returning from my trip, did I contact the Bonvoy customer care team to ask for more information about this benefit. After around 20 minutes of the representative searching fruitlessly through the terms and conditions (which I had already read online), they seemed to give up and come to the conclusion that each property could essentially determine how the application of the F&B credit welcome gift is handled, locally.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this? Was the property wrong to refuse the applicable of the credit to a check without food?

Any insight would be great. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.