Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellingMan
The bus stop in front of the hotel is Waye Avenue, which is between Heathrow T2/T3 and Hounslow West tube stations.

Additional transport and access details.
To / from T2 or T3
- use bus 105 or 111 to/from the Heathrow Central Bus Station - it's the last but one bus stop at the bus station. You can use alternative bus services and change at Boltons Lane (to Moxy ) or Mondial Way, probably only worth doing late at night. Normally it will take 10 to 15 minutes to get to T2 or T3 from the hotel or vice versa.
From T4 to Moxy - best take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above from Heathrow Central Bus Station.
From Moxy to T4 - Due to the loop on the tube it doesn't work so easily in this direction, so instead go Heathrow Bus Station as above, then take the Heathrow Express or Elizabeth Line (opens late 2018) to T4. Allow 30 minutes. There may be a case for taking the Hoppa bus service instead since that's door to door.
From T5 to Moxy - Take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above. Alternatively take the 423 from T5 to Bolton's Lane and then the 105, 111, 81. 223, H98 to the hotel.
From Moxy to T5 - Either go to T2 or T3 and then the tube to T5. Alternatively any bus to Mondial Way, then the 423 from there. I use this TfL link to see if a 423 is within the next 10 minutes or not, the 423 has a 20 minute service interval. Allow 30 minutes, but it may take 20 minutes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/stop/490004149W/mondial-way/

From Central London - Several options: Heathrow Express to T2/T3 then the bus as above. Or the Elizabeth Line when it opens. Or the Piccadilly line to Hounslow West. Cross over the main road to take bus 81. 223, H98 to the hotel door.
Nightbus - There is a night bus N9 that runs from Aldwych, Trafalgar Square, Harrods, High Street Kensington and Hammersmith to the hotel and then Heathrow T2, T3 and finally T5. It starts at about midnight and finishes at 06:30 approx, and runs at 20 minute intervals or better. It takes an hour from central London. If on an early flight you may end up on this service from the hotel, which provides a direct link to T5.

Fares
Travel on buses, trains and tubes is free in the Heathrow travel area, but for the tube you need a contactless payment card, or an Oyster card, or an Android/Google/Apple/Barclay Pay app. This is to operate the gates, it doesn't result in a charge. The Moxy however is 2 stops past this travel area, so you will need to have one of these payment methods to use the buses for the section between the hotel and Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel). It's a flat fare of £1.50. So pay when you get on the bus when departing from the Moxy, but when arriving at the Moxy pay only on the last bus that gets you to the hotel.
Print Wikipost

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott TE, United Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi est-gratuite,

Although they haven't opened up reservations yet, the information we have says the hotel will reopen September 15th. Feel free to check with us as we get closer to that date to see if anything has changed.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Is there an updated reopen date?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I would also be interested in any updates on a reopening date.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:06 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GingerTravels
Is there an updated reopen date?
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I would also be interested in any updates on a reopening date.
Hi All,

The latest update we have says that the hotel reopen date is now November 1st. Reservations have not opened for that date as yet, so check back occasionally as it nears.

Regards,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old May 21, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently.
Hotel is now fully back to normal, as it was before the year 2020.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I'm beyond excited. I'm staying here Tuesday evening because I arrive at LHR T2 in the evening and there's no virtue in going into Central London or staying anywhere that offers more than a clean bed and shower. It's my first Moxy ever. What wonders await this Titanium member?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Enjoy it

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I'm beyond excited. I'm staying here Tuesday evening because I arrive at LHR T2 in the evening and there's no virtue in going into Central London or staying anywhere that offers more than a clean bed and shower. It's my first Moxy ever. What wonders await this Titanium member?
it’s clean and small. Also a titanium but there really isn’t much to upgrade to.

bar bites downstairs in a funky bar area. There is also a curry house close by.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tfred
it’s clean and small. Also a titanium but there really isn’t much to upgrade to.

bar bites downstairs in a funky bar area. There is also a curry house close by.
Titaniums might might get the bed desk thingy. And the welcome amenity just about covers breakfast and is pretty reasonable.

The Tesco Express a few minutes away is also very useful.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:46 am

Happy with my choice for an overnight stay

So this was my first ever Moxy and it's a decent choice for an overnight stay at Heathrow. I can't believe anyone would stay here if they're not leaving on an early flight or arriving on a late one (as I did) and if all you want is a clean bed and a shower then I think it does the job very well for the price (I paid £110 for the night which was the cheapest Bonvoy hotel around Heathrow that evening). Given that I would arrive too late for any of the lounges there was no virtue in staying at the Sheraton which would probably have been my second choice. Indeed, the Moxy has some advantages including the location. After arriving at T2, I got the 111 bus from Heathrow Central bus station and was dropped opposite the hotel some 15 minutes later. If you get the local bus then you cannot miss the hotel's garish signage so no worries missing your stop. Later today I'll get another local bus to Hounslow West underground station and continue my journey into central London. This is a lot easier, and cheaper, than some of the other hotels around Heathrow I've stayed at including the Sheraton which is in a wilderness around T5 and so there's no temptation to use the terrible, unreliable, and expensive Hoppa bus service.

I got here about 8pm and was mildly surprised to find the check-in desk clearly signposted on the nearest side of the bar. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to suggest that this Moxy has a regular check-in desk. I was slightly disappointed not to be battling drunk travellers for the bartender's attention to check in as I'd been led to believe was normal at Moxys. I'd checked in online anyway and my key was ready at the dedicated check-in desk. They assumed I wanted the welcome points so I didn't check what the alternative was for Titaniums (I believe it's a F&B credit that can be used for breakfast) but I am off early today and rarely need anything apart from coffee in the morning. In the room there's two sachets of instant coffee and some tea bags. That was fine for when I woke up. Also, there was a nice letter from the "Moxy Team", two bottles of water, a KitKat and a bag of popcorn as a welcome gift. I wasn't expecting that and the KitKat was welcome.

The room is small but not significantly smaller than some of the other Heathrow hotels I've been in and it was new and clean. I was asleep by 9pm. And awake at midnight, 2am, and 4am at which point I had my first coffee. There's no toothbrush or shaving kit and the shower gel and shampoo are in dispensers. All in all, it's exactly what I would expect from the price. I don't think I got an upgrade. The room on the app was called a Moxy Sleeper and looked out over the entrance towards the bus stop. And that's about it. Happy with the stay and the value now that prices are creeping up again around here.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:26 am

I asked upon check out about the alternative to the bonus points as the elite gift and was told the USD10 equates to GBP7.50 which can be used for anything in the hotel such as drinks at the bar or the breakfast which costs GBP10.

Journey into Central London on the 222 bus from across the road changing at Hounslow West to the Underground took a little under an hour to Kings Cross door to door. I think that compares very favourably to backtracking to Heathrow, getting the extortionate Heathrow Express, and then Underground from Paddington to Kings Cross.

I note this morning an additional GBP10 charge held on my credit card which was added yesterday just after the room charge was added. Let's see if it drops off. Otherwise, this may require a tedious exchange with the hotel. Looks like it's a breakfast charge but I certainly didn't ask for it nor did I consume it this morning.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Journey into Central London on the 222 bus from across the road changing at Hounslow West to the Underground took a little under an hour to Kings Cross door to door. I think that compares very favourably to backtracking to Heathrow, getting the extortionate Heathrow Express, and then Underground from Paddington to Kings Cross
FWIW the new Crossrail Elizabeth Line has opened up some interesting opportunities to/from the Moxy : bus H98 from the stop right outside the hotel to Hayes and Harlington station (every 10 mins, takes 11 mins), then Elizabeth line to Paddington and onwards. Once the Elizabeth Line is connected up at Paddington as a through service this autumn, this will offer a one-change service to the West End, City and Docklands.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:54 pm

I stayed here a few nights in late July - really enjoyed it, especially for the price (well under 100 GBP/night).

As long as you don't mind the multi-point schlep into central London (bus + tube, takes about 1 hr), it's a great option that seems to be significantly cheaper than anything comparable in the city center. I like the gigantic lobby space and decently equipped fitness center, too. Not to be overlooked are the fantastic, authentic options for Indian and Middle Eastern food within walking distance in Hounslow. There's even a Costco nearby!
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
I asked upon check out about the alternative to the bonus points as the elite gift and was told the USD10 equates to GBP7.50 which can be used for anything in the hotel such as drinks at the bar or the breakfast which costs GBP10.

Journey into Central London on the 222 bus from across the road changing at Hounslow West to the Underground took a little under an hour to Kings Cross door to door. I think that compares very favourably to backtracking to Heathrow, getting the extortionate Heathrow Express, and then Underground from Paddington to Kings Cross.

I note this morning an additional GBP10 charge held on my credit card which was added yesterday just after the room charge was added. Let's see if it drops off. Otherwise, this may require a tedious exchange with the hotel. Looks like it's a breakfast charge but I certainly didn't ask for it nor did I consume it this morning.
Thank you for your update - I'm here on Tuesday night and just made Platinum! Taken out the UK Amex too so should be Titanium too before the year is done!

As per the £10.00 GBP charge... it should drop off. It is a 'security deposit' only charged in Moxy Hotels. Quite why they want to charge a Gold/Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador member a £10.00 charge feels rather tetchy.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I remember staying here in 2019 it was £45 a night during a earn double nights promotion. It is crazy seeing this upwards of 100 quid a night…
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Will08
I remember staying here in 2019 it was £45 a night during a earn double nights promotion. It is crazy seeing this upwards of 100 quid a night…
Well, it's all relative. It was the cheapest Bonvoy hotel around Heathrow that night and hence the cheapest in Greater London so I consider that to be good value. For another £20 I could have had one of the hotels with a lounge but as I wasn't arriving until 8pm and leaving around 7am there was no point of that. I'm sure the hotel's owners are happy there's enough demand now to get the rate up though as the paying customer of course I would also have been delighted with a £45 rate. I suspect it's not coming back.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Still a few nights going forward with a 56 or 58 quid rate. It's often cheaper than the (cheap) Ibis hotels on Bath road, and I think a whole lot better.
est-gratuite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.