Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Berlin Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Is the Executive Lounge open with enough for a light dinner on Friday and Saturday?
Yes, according to this thread it is open on weekends: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html

I stayed there one year ago and remember few details other than the lounge was very small other than I got enough food from the AM and PM servings to meet my needs.
Tizzette likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Is the Executive Lounge open with enough for a light dinner on Friday and Saturday?
Yes the lounge is open all week, no US style weekend closures if the lounge

The spread in the lounge is the same level on weekend evenings as well. There will be enough options for a light dinner.
Tizzette likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Curious if anyone has stayed here recently?

Will be in Berlin at the end of May and would love to know how this property is holding up.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Curious if anyone has stayed here recently?

Will be in Berlin at the end of May and would love to know how this property is holding up.
I was there about a month ago. Same standards as always I would say. I got very suite for once, they are not great with upgrading normally but this time it worked out.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was there about a month ago. Same standards as always I would say. I got very suite for once, they are not great with upgrading normally but this time it worked out.
Thanks for the update

I was choosing between the Marriott and Westin since the Ritz is wayyyy too overpriced.

I'm excited to eat at the sausage restaurant in the Marriott, heard good things
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Thanks for the update

I was choosing between the Marriott and Westin since the Ritz is wayyyy too overpriced.

I'm excited to eat at the sausage restaurant in the Marriott, heard good things
Yeah, the sausage restaurant is new Forgot that one again. As I had a busy schedule with dinners on the agenda as well I did not get to try that yet. I never fully realised if it is part of the hotel, or just uses space in the hotel.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:20 am

Yeah, the sausage restaurant is new Forgot that one again. As I had a busy schedule with dinners on the agenda as well I did not get to try that yet. I never fully realised if it is part of the hotel, or just uses space in the hotel.
I believe it is part of the hotel since the restaurant's website has Marriott logos at the top
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Noticed something interesting here. I think the date I'm looking at the hotel is mostly sold out. The only room available for cash booking is the Capital Suite. However, the standard room is available for booking with points. The next night, the standard room is available for cash, but not with points. Is the hotel intentionally overselling to get full reimbursement from Marriott for points night?

Standard room available on points

But not with cash

Not available with points, but standard room available
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I completed a recent 2 night stay here booked using my credit card free nights as two separate reservations.

Pros:
-The SNA cleared for the first night but not the second. The suite was nice and large with a true bedroom. The technology is dated with no USB plugs nor convenient outlets.
-Hotel is very central. I was able to walk most places in 20-30 minutes. It was a leisure trip.
-The lounge is nice. Evening spread is sufficient for dinner. I did have some challenges finding a table and sat at the high-top. I noticed some people using Tupperware and one couple that took a full bottle of wine...classy.
-I switched to the panoramic room for my second night on the 10th floor. I had a great view of downtown. The room was comfortable.

The bad:
-The hotel was setting up for a large event and put up huge sound/light infrastructure the first night I was staying. Not only was it a nuisance in the lobby when I arrived in the evening, but the workers were hammering until at least 3am. While I was in a suite, I was located in the atrium and woken up. I called the front desk at 2 am and they said there was nothing they could do - it needed to get done. Needless to say, I was fuming. Since I had to switch room the next morning anyway, the hotel was well prepared and two managers met me. They mentioned they don't usually do anything like this (it looked like they were setting up a major concert... but should've moved me to a quiet room proactively or told me what to expect). I asked them to refund the points and they refunded 35K (despite the hotel now going for 30K over the same dates) the next day. Despite the failure, I was quite pleased with how the hotel handled.
-The hotel had signs that they were fully booked Monday (I checked out on Sunday) and would not offer late checkouts. Again, none of this was available online or communicated in advance.

All in all, I would probably stay here again due to location, decent rooms, and lounge. I do wish they had modern plugs throughout the rooms.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently and really enjoyed my stay, but be aware that they are doing extensive rennovations during the day on floors 7, 8, and 9 to change the look of the rooms.
If you plan to stay in your room anytime during daytime hours, make sure you ask for a room far away from the noise,

To be honest, I'm not sure why they are doing rennovations at all...the rooms are in this hotel are in excellent condition and don't look outdated or run down at all.

Some rooms still have a bathtub, while others have a walk in shower.
The walk in shower is one of the most dangerous i've used though....the black marbe its made of is very slippery, and there's no handle anywhere to hold onto. Worst of all you have to climb down a high step from the shower onto the bathroom floor after you finish which increases likelyhood of slipping....would reccomend placing a 2nd towel inside the back of the shower as well as on bathroom floor, or asking for a non slip mat at reception.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 31, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe those shower setups are what they are charging, they are very slippery and the drains tend to clog up so they drain slower than the shower runs, with ensuing issues of flooding as the shower is placed higher than the rest of the room....

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 31, 2020 at 4:21 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The underground garage is full of new carpet and tiles.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Maybe those shower setups are what they are charging, they are very slippery and the drains tend to clog up so they drain slower than the shower runs, with ensuing issues of flooding as the shower is placed higher than the rest of the room....
Perhaps, but from some promotional material in the room it had pictures which showed that they are also changing the look and decor of the bedroooms...so the rennovations are not limited to the bathtubs and showers.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Wife and I are going to Berlin in Nov 2020 and trying to decide between the Marriott and the Westin Grand Berlin (using points so similar prices). Anyone have a preference of one over the other? We like to use the lounge (wife is Titanium) but don't drink so don't care about beer selection just use it for light dinner, breakfast, and some evening snacks. We hope to use SNA's so not sure if that matters. The Westin appears to be in somewhat better tourist location but Marriott seems good too.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rmc1
Wife and I are going to Berlin in Nov 2020 and trying to decide between the Marriott and the Westin Grand Berlin (using points so similar prices). Anyone have a preference of one over the other? We like to use the lounge (wife is Titanium) but don't drink so don't care about beer selection just use it for light dinner, breakfast, and some evening snacks. We hope to use SNA's so not sure if that matters. The Westin appears to be in somewhat better tourist location but Marriott seems good too.
They are within a five minute walk of each other but I grant you the Westin probably is better located.. I personally didn't really care for my one stay there, as the room was small and awkwardly laid out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.