Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lido House, Autograph Collection - Newport Beach, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lido House, Autograph Collection - Newport Beach, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Officially open; Marriott press release today:

Lido House Debuts As Stylish Autograph Collection Hotel In Newport Beach | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Set on the site of the former City Hall, the hotel pays homage to the historic landmark through its thoughtful interior design and culinary excellence. The intimate 130-room resort is just steps away from Lido Marina Village, Newport Beach’s marina, retail and dining hub. With interior design led by EDG Design, Lido House merges nautical flair with Cape Cod style architecture to deliver the ultimate coastal retreat in Orange County.

Embracing the ‘home away from home’ concept, the hotel also features five residential-style, three-level cottages, each boasting 1,300 square feet, including a rooftop patio, personal BBQ and fireplace. Each of the one-of-a-kind cottages features a distinct and authentic design motif created by a different local designer: Grace Blu Design, Jennifer Mehditash Design, Brooke Wagner Designer, Erica Bryen Design and Blackband Design.

Lido House offers a variety of distinct dining options to satisfy every craving and occasion. The Mayor’s Table Pacific Pub & Kitchen, the hotel’s signature restaurant, honors the site’s City Hall roots in its name and its comfortable, contemporary design with a menu of sustainable seafood and vegetable-forward fare; inventive, chef-driven cocktails; a raw bar; chef’s counter and vibrant open action kitchen. Topside Roof Deck serves as Lido House’s captivating rooftop bar – the only in Newport Beach – offering a lively, sophisticated scene; while Crew Coffee + Cremerie offers up curated blends of coffee and classic ice creams, made with ingredients from around the globe and served up with a decadent twist.

Designed as an all-in-one destination, Lido House features the full-service Boost Spa, a state of the art fitness facility, saltwater pool and cabanas"

Hotel website: Cat 9

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Old May 26, 2018, 5:32 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin
open, as per Trip Advisor reviews
Very bad reviews on TripAdvisor -

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...alifornia.html
Old May 27, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Actually mixed reviews. There are some 5-star reviews, as well as some 1-star. There are only 16 of them; read them all. Sounds like some opening kinks still being worked out. Staff get good shout-outs.

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:38 am

This property did have several issues when it opened just like any property. It is beautifully designed and the staff are great. If you do not appreciate the property it may not be your demographic which is young to me. But they manage to accommodate families and singles and do a great job with all.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Centurion
This property did have several issues when it opened just like any property. It is beautifully designed and the staff are great. If you do not appreciate the property it may not be your demographic which is young to me. But they manage to accommodate families and singles and do a great job with all.
First hand knowledge, experience with stay at the property, or word of mouth? Please elaborate as this family of 4 might book a stay here - thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:31 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’d give it at least 4-6 months before assuming service will settle into a rhythm that works well for most. I’d also assume that the younger and louder ambience will continue.

That being said, I’m entertained by the poor TripAdvisor reviews that complain about $18 drinks and pricey spa treatments for a 4 star hotel in tony Newport Beach—let alone one right on the harbor. I think a lot of Midwestern clueless people don’t know what Newport Beach is actually like or how much more expensive the even better 5 star resorts can be!

glnsf, JoeWoodstock and nexus7556 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:47 pm

is there a breakfast benefit at this hotel for elites or does resort exclusion apply? asking for a pre Aug 18th stay.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
I will be checking into this property soon. I called to inquire about platinum benefits and was told that platinum elite guests receive 750 points per night or a $30 F&B credit per night of the stay. This is basically instead of breakfast. I am told that the $30 F&B credit covers two All-American breakfasts (which actually surprised me). There is also a one-time $10 F&B credit or 500 points for the welcome gift.
Kalboz likes this.

Last edited by sinfonia; Aug 24, 2018 at 4:39 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Looks like I’ll get my first visit to the Lido House today after our friends leave our home to check in for the final night of their stay. Will report back soon!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Stayed this last weekend. $30 breakfast credit (total per morning), with a typical breakfast cost being $40-55 per couple - so like 50-75% off. Beautiful property. Staff well trained, super warm and friendly. No upgrade on check in, but they were pretty booked for the weekend. As mentioned upstream, great location for exploring Newport and Balboa. We used the resort bikes and found them maintained well. Paid rate was ~ $325 per night. Not sure if the value proposition is there as an elite, and I would probably find another property to stay at when visiting that area.
Quimby4 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Any recent updates on stays at this property?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Did dynamic pricing kick in already? This is cat 7 but lowest I’m seeing is 220k points for a two night stay.

*Edit: Back to normal now..

Last edited by lily23; Feb 16, 2022 at 9:48 am Reason: Points prices back to normal
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:02 am

any updates here? thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.