FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1837361-las-alcobas-st-helena-napa-valley-ca-left-marriott.html)

boolean64 Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31189478)

Do you know if they allow you to apply the credit to room service breakfast?

didn't ask but i'd be surprised if so.

scubadu Jun 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by daisydog123 (Post 31189488)
They just started charging a $50 resort fee.

Awesome...

Regards

damon88 Jun 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64 (Post 31189515)
didn't ask but i'd be surprised if so.

There are a handful of properties that are great about this-- St Regis NYC is one. It is a mystery to me why hotels would not allow you to apply it to room service as long as you are willing to pay the usual room service fees. No harm in asking when we are there I suppose.

SeeTheLights Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31190043)
There are a handful of properties that are great about this-- St Regis NYC is one. It is a mystery to me why hotels would not allow you to apply it to room service as long as you are willing to pay the usual room service fees. No harm in asking when we are there I suppose.

Agreed. I am going next week I will ask . I also plan on doing a full review too

SeeTheLights Jun 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 31190043)

Agreed. I am going next week and I will ask . I also plan on doing a full review too

damon88 Jun 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights (Post 31190081)

Agreed. I am going next week and I will ask . I also plan on doing a full review too

Really looking forward to your report!

VCURamFan Jun 11, 2019 11:03 am

Stayed here last week for the second time. Service was still only ok, but the resort is unique and beautiful. No charge for parking and no resort fee or taxes, appreciate not being nickel and dimed. The breakfast was very good and also a must before a day of wine tastings.

This resort lacks almost any of the service you find at other Luxury Collection properties, but if service ever catches up this could be among the jewels of the Bonvoy catalog.

scubadu Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 31189987)
Awesome...

Regards

If this is true, they don't seem to be calling it out on the website when I look at rates.

Can anyone confirm if this is really true?

Regards

VCURamFan Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Was there last week 6/4-6/7 and there was no resort fee. No charge for taxes on redemptions, as well as free valet parking.

scubadu Jun 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 31193597)
Was there last week 6/4-6/7 and there was no resort fee. No charge for taxes on redemptions, as well as free valet parking.

Thanks. I did read your post, just thought I'd ask for other data points in case it literally started after your stay.

So daisydog123, you've made an assertion, can you provide a source? As mentioned, it's not listed on the rates page. As much as I find Marriott to be only semi-competent these days, they do seem to do a pretty good job of highlighting resort fees at the top of the rates page.

Regards

daisydog123 Jun 12, 2019 7:17 am

I have a points reservation coming up and went to check my reservation details on the Bonvoy website. On the upcoming reservation summary page it showed the $50 resort fee under taxes and fees. This was 2 days ago and so I contacted the hotel via email to ask about it, because when I booked my reservation last summer there was no resort fee. Here is what they told me:

"I can confirm that the resort fee will be applied to your room upon check-out. I do apologize for the miscommunication upon booking the room, so please reach out to us if we can be of further assistance. "

However, when I go to view my reservation today there is nothing under taxes and fees. So, I am not really sure at this point. I hope this is helpful. I have contacted my Ambassador to get this sorted out, but not expecting much.

boolean64 Jun 12, 2019 8:24 am

Originally Posted by daisydog123 (Post 31194911)
I have a points reservation coming up and went to check my reservation details on the Bonvoy website. On the upcoming reservation summary page it showed the $50 resort fee under taxes and fees. This was 2 days ago and so I contacted the hotel via email to ask about it, because when I booked my reservation last summer there was no resort fee. Here is what they told me:

"I can confirm that the resort fee will be applied to your room upon check-out. I do apologize for the miscommunication upon booking the room, so please reach out to us if we can be of further assistance. "

However, when I go to view my reservation today there is nothing under taxes and fees. So, I am not really sure at this point. I hope this is helpful. I have contacted my Ambassador to get this sorted out, but not expecting much.

This sounds like a problem similar to when hotels load new cancellation deadlines. The reservation on the system pulls the current deadline in the system, not the static deadline from when the reservation was made. Probably there is a tag in the system to present the resort fee and that tag is dynamic as well based on current status with no ability to pull the resort fee situation at the actual time of booking.

When i've had this issue with changed cancellation deadline, the marriott CS team has been able to see the old deadline, call the hotel, and address.

I'd suggest if push comes to shove, you should bring a print out of your reservation and have them print out a new reservation and show them the difference where one has a resort fee and the other doesn't. It will be highly disappointing if they do not recognize they can't charge you a resort fee after you booked a room without it.

One other point, some friends of ours booked before the "no children" policy was announced and showed up with their toddler. The front desk was understanding of the fact that this was a chance in policy and didn't give any hassles about the kiddo. So someone there understands this...

Good luck and please report back!

damon88 Jun 12, 2019 10:31 am

Where did you see a resort fee listed? I have 2 back to back upcoming reservations made at separate times and do not see that listed anywhere.

scubadu Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks for sharing more detail as to what you were seeing. Please do report back once you complete your stay.

Regards

bosca418 Jun 12, 2019 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64 (Post 31188514)
This must be new. I was there last weekend and no resort fee...in fact no taxes or fees whatsoever.

Fifth stay here. Booked the estate view base room and that is what i got as the hotel was sold out for the auction weekend. Continue to be impressed by the hard product. noise from the highway was not bothersome. although i continue to think the vineyard view room is a meaningful upgrade that depending on circumstances could warrant use of a SNA despite not being a suite. Just doesn't get much better than sitting on your patio and looking out at the vines.

Is it really worth using a SNA for just the vineyard view? I'm contemplating since the option to use them just became available on the website.

Thanks!!