Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, New Zealand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Plat breakfast choice - full breakfast buffet w/ made to order eggs.

3 USB charging ports (1 at either side of headboard & 1 at desk). US plugs will not work here so bring your adapter(s). Four power outlets at the headboard and two more at the desk.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by chavala

Thanks for the “advice” even though it has nothing to do with my question <rolling eyes>
Respectfully, threads on Flyertalk are not restricted to responses relevant to one single post. I think Puchong was providing information/an opinion regarding cost/benefit to anyone who might read this thread not solely to you < no rolling eyes>
Horace, markis10, CO-PLAT and 1 others like this.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Nov 19, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Respectfully, threads on Flyertalk are not restricted to responses relevant to one single post. I think Puchong was providing information/an opinion regarding cost/benefit to anyone who might read this thread not solely to you < no rolling eyes>
I found the response to be snarky and frankly a bit dumb. This is the Marriott thread, is it not? The price is what it is. Yeah, I’m a platinum and of course there needs to be some brand loyalty to maintain status. If there was a Hyatt I’d be looking at that as well. Why would I stay at some no-name hotel to save a few bucks? This is not Tripadvisor.

Last edited by chavala; Nov 21, 2018 at 1:28 pm Reason: spellcheck
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:33 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chavala

I found the response to be snarky and franky a bit dumb.

Restricting yourself to loyalty options when the net result is one offering which has noise issues (not to mention a lack of frills brand) is dumb at the price your paying, IHG and Accor have better options at likely less rates, no construction included! The Sofitel (former Westin) is nice, while if you want former Hyatt goodness try the Pullman, or even the Crowne Plaza which is well located. I am a regular visitor to Auckland, and as a plat still cannot see the value in the 4P, or the Hilton for that matter. Don’t let branding cloud your value judgement.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by markis10

Restricting yourself to loyalty options when the net result is one offering which has noise issues (not to mention a lack of frills brand) is dumb at the price your paying, IHG and Accor have better options at likely less rates, no construction included! The Sofitel (former Westin) is nice, while if you want former Hyatt goodness try the Pullman, or even the Crowne Plaza which is well located. I am a regular visitor to Auckland, and as a plat still cannot see the value in the 4P, or the Hilton for that matter. Don’t let branding cloud your value judgement.
208 NZD = $142 USD at today’s rate. I consider that peanuts for a major city. And yeah, I get my perks, possible upgrades, and on my way to maintaining my Plat status for next year.
Again I have to ask... why are people recommending other hotel chains on the Marriott forum? Why in the world would I consider an Accor or some used-to-be Hyatt??? This is NOT Tripadvisor. I’m not asking for hotel recommendations for the cheapest “deal” in Auckland.

You know, there is a general New Zealand forum on FT. Maybe you guys should post your “advice” there instead. Because I don’t see the point of this at all.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Diamond
any recent stay reports?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
We stayed 2 weeks ago after a cruise. We arrived at 1030 and quite a few people trying to book in.most told they had to wait.We were given a choice of having a room on the 6th floor straight away or wait for the same type of room on the 16th floor.We chose the 6th floor.At least they didn't put the keycards into a "you have been upgraded"packet.

There was a problem in the bathroom.When showering the water ran all over the floor.It nearly reached the bedroom the first day so on the second we were prepared.

The third day we had worked out that the water ran straight across the metal in the grid.So an easy solution.

And yes those are mrsdrron's legs in the shower.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
We were feeling pretty washed out the first day.just took a stroll back to the wharf and had an icecream.couldn't be bothered going back out so ate at the hotel.It was pretty good.

Mrsdrron enjoyed her pizza and my pork belly with sweet potato mash,broad beans and peas was excellent.I also enjoyed the kiwi cider.
The second day we came down with the lurgi,thankfully only for a day.So stayed and ate in again.

I started with what was called snapper sashimi but actually is a cerviche.And it was nice.mrsdrron had the penne with mushrooms.really good with lots of mushrooms.I then had the lamb rump on an Asian slaw.very nice.
So we can reccomend the restaurant.No doubt the best restaurant in a 4P that we have seen.
Staff very friendly and efficient.Had a reception with the GM and other management to celebrate Bonvoy!But good wine,beer and food.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by drron

And yes those are mrsdrron's legs in the shower.
I hope you have written consent to post that photo - it could be all over social media by now
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update w/ pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Four Points by Sheraton Aukland, New Zealand

Just spent 5 nights here on an award stay under wife's Ambassador account. Applied SNA's, but they were denied. Still, we were upgraded to a larger corner room with a king, which was pretty nice. Bathroom included a walk-in shower.

No lounge, so we selected breakfast as our arrival gift. Coupon said continental, but we were given access to the entire buffet, including cooked to order items. Very nice breakfast.

Restaurant was nice enough, but we found the lunch and dinner menu a bit limited and there were no dark beers

Getting in and out of the main lobby with luggage can be a chore, as it is accessed from a small parking area. Can only get one or two vehicles in there for loading and unloading at a time.

It was not too long a walk to the Sky Tower or to the harbor, but there are some steep hills.

Plenty of restaurants in the area, mostly Asian food. Did find a nice little French cafe (Le Garde-manger) a couple blocks up hill on Queen's Street.

Super Shuttle from the airport was $35NZ for the two of us.

Overall, very nice stay. Would definitely go back.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Mods, please merge with existing, long thread.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
Mods, please merge with existing, long thread.
?????

Searched for 'Aukland', 'Auckland Sheraton' and 'Four Points Aukland' in the Bonvoy forum and got no hits except a really old one about early checkin. Where is the thread?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:29 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.

Nick
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Thanks. Guess it was an Auckland/Aukland problem. You know, engineering spelling
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.