Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Lima Miraflores, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://news.marriott.com/2015/10/cou...l-in-peru.html

Courtyard by Marriott Introduces Its First Hotel in Peru

"Marriott announced the opening of the new 154-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Lima, South America’s third largest city, situated at the intersection of Calle Alcanfores and Calle Schell in Lima’s upscale Miraflores neighborhood known for its shopping, restaurants, antique dealers and breath taking ocean views.

Category 4.

Hotel website:

Courtyard Lima Miraflores
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
I'm curious if anyone has stayed here and can relay their experiences. We are booked for two nights in June and I'm wondering if we should keep that res or consider another location.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I can't tell you what it's like, but I can tell you that I am fairly obsessive about researching vacation options and my family is also staying there in June after considering all MR and SPG options.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by CPRich
I can't tell you what it's like, but I can tell you that I am fairly obsessive about researching vacation options and my family is also staying there in June after considering all MR and SPG options.
Thanks, CPRich. I sense we are similarly wired, so I appreciate the reply. I will stick with this one for now and report back on the experience.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75k Gold, Marriott Platinum
We stayed there for 2 nights in October. We had a great stay. Good location in Miraflores. Good restaurants nearby. It's a bit of drive to get to the historical city center.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Courtyard Miraflores in Lima

Couldnt find a thread on Marriott's in Lima so thought I would ask if anyone had stayed at the Courtyard Miraflores in Lima, Peru? This hotel looks very nice and has a lot for positive reviews on trip advisor but I was curious if breakfast was complimentary for Platinum Elites? I know in North America they just have the bistro where you can purchase meals but I know what's offered can vary by brands internationally.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

There are some property specific threads on Marriotts in Peru. This cropped up for the CY.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...courtyard.html

Asia normally offers brekkie/lounge access. A few CYs in Europe to Plats only. Haven't heard any reports of free brekkie in Central/South America, so I wouldn't expect it.

Chers.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There are some property specific threads on Marriotts in Peru. This cropped up for the CY.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...courtyard.html

Asia normally offers brekkie/lounge access. A few CYs in Europe to Plats only. Haven't heard any reports of free brekkie in Central/South America, so I wouldn't expect it.

Chers.
Thanks will check out the thread.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by SouthAnch
We stayed there for 2 nights in October. We had a great stay. Good location in Miraflores. Good restaurants nearby. It's a bit of drive to get to the historical city center.
Does this CY have free breakfast for Plats? Sounded like they had a breakfast buffet from some reviews I read in trip advisor.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
We just got back from a quick one night stay. It was probably the nicest CY, we have ever stayed at! My husband is Plat Elite but we were checking out at 3 AM so I do not remember if when we checked in, they offered us breakfast as it wasn't going to matter.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by odie11
We just got back from a quick one night stay. It was probably the nicest CY, we have ever stayed at! My husband is Plat Elite but we were checking out at 3 AM so I do not remember if when we checked in, they offered us breakfast as it wasn't going to matter.
Yes from the pictures of it it certainly looks like a step above the cookie cutter design of most U.S. CY's
Old May 12, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
It's a nice hotel indeed. Nice staff, good location, very modern.
Stayed there for 2 nights in September last year.

Made good use of the happy hour on piscos, which is simply a must when in Peru.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I spent 3 nights here for my birthday weekend last month. Very nice place! Probably the nicest CY I've been to. I was upgraded to the biggest room available and had a piece of (actually very good) chocolate cake waiting for me. There is also free coffee in the lobby (!). Service was excellent. The breakfast buffet is only $7USD if you are Plat and it is well worth it! Great combo of typical American breakfast and some Peruvian specialties. It's in a very good location, pretty easy walk to anywhere in Miraflores. I used Uber to go to Old Lima and Barranco with no issues. I would also really recommend dinner at Panchita - great food and very reasonable prices. The hotel also brought up 2 bottles of water every day, plus some little chocolates. There is a high end supermarket about 1 block away which is nice to get some food, and also plenty of ATMs around to get soles. Overall very much recommend this hotel if you're in Lima.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. And belated happy birthday!

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'd also highly recommend this for a stay in Miraflores. We stayed there on arrival to Peru and before we left.

The supermarket across the street was a great option, plus many local places to eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.