Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:25 am

First Starwood stay for me recently took place here. Platinum from Marriott, and I wasn't expecting much from this location based on this thread. I booked a basic room for 3 people (1 child.) The check in process was a bit slow, but not painful since we arrived at noon. Staff were quite friendly. We were told to finish our check in at the lounge. By the time we were finished, the room was ready. We were pointed through the lovely lounge, but figured we were going the wrong way and turned around, only to find out there were rooms through the lounge. Crazy!

Based on the comments, I was only expecting at best to receive a club room, only to find out they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. Beautiful room, and it must have been recently renovated. Nice view of the runway. Most impressively, they had the rollaway in the room for my son. Definitely impressed! He was thrilled with the room! No issues with the AC. Nice sized desk, dining room table, just all around a nice room to finish a trip in.

Lounge dinner was quite good, and being from the Marriott side, I was very excited to see Coca-Cola products!

Check out was done at the lounge in seconds. They even emailed me the folio before I reached the lobby.

All in all, an excellent stay, an amazing introduction to a Starwood property, and just refreshing to not have to commute to the terminal in the morning.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
First and last time staying at the Sheraton FRA. Put into a basic SPG room, and quite dumpy to say the least. Can't even begin to imagine what the NON SPG rooms are like! Old, run down place in need of a major reno. I've stayed at the Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn a mere 3 minute walk from the Sheraton, and there is simply no comparison. Yes I realize the Hilton's are brand new, but when there's zero difference in price between the Hiltons vs. the Sheraton, there is really no reason for me personally to ever stay at the Sheraton again. Hilton wins, hands down.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajcopley
First and last time staying at the Sheraton FRA. Put into a basic SPG room, and quite dumpy to say the least. Can't even begin to imagine what the NON SPG rooms are like! Old, run down place in need of a major reno. I've stayed at the Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn a mere 3 minute walk from the Sheraton, and there is simply no comparison. Yes I realize the Hilton's are brand new, but when there's zero difference in price between the Hiltons vs. the Sheraton, there is really no reason for me personally to ever stay at the Sheraton again. Hilton wins, hands down.
I recently stayed here and the Club rooms appear to be renovated. Lounge was also decent, with relatively long hours for evening service. So I guess you need to be Platinum here...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
IMHO the rooms are not that bad! They definitely used to be much worse and were renovated a couple of years ago. I have not stayed at the Hilton but the HGI was nice but I felt the rooms were extremely small. If you are SPG Gold and HH Gold, it definitely makes sense to try and stay at the Hilton due to the Gold Breakfast which you are not going to get at the Sheraton.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I recently stayed here and the Club rooms appear to be renovated. Lounge was also decent, with relatively long hours for evening service. So I guess you need to be Platinum here...
Platinum definitely helps especially if you know to check in upstairs in the tower section!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by christianj
IMHO the rooms are not that bad! They definitely used to be much worse and were renovated a couple of years ago. I have not stayed at the Hilton but the HGI was nice but I felt the rooms were extremely small. If you are SPG Gold and HH Gold, it definitely makes sense to try and stay at the Hilton due to the Gold Breakfast which you are not going to get at the Sheraton.

Platinum definitely helps especially if you know to check in upstairs in the tower section!

Compared to the Hilton (and HGI), there is NO comparison (room-wise). And the lack of any sort of recognition of my SPG Gold status also kinda irked me. With Marriott (as a Marriott Gold), I'm always given access to the lounge (I can't remember the last time I wasn't given lounge access)....and at check-in I'm at least TOLD that they're looking to upgrade me to a 'better' room (even though it doesn't happen). I dunno....was just a bad first impression and I expected better.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
cjcopley you might want to check Starwood SPG Gold benefits as they do not include access to the lounge or breakfast like Gold does with MR. Maybe after the merger it will but right now they have different benefits. Let's also not forgot the MR Gold requires 50 nights which if you stayed those with SPG you would be Platinum which would get you those benefits as well.

With HH Gold gets you breakfast but not confirmed lounge benefits.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/about/index.html?categoryId=brand.benefits.gold&language =en_US
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:48 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
No more coke at this property in one week!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Assuming the Club lounge is open on a Sunday, what time do they open for breakfast in the morning?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you booked a basic room, as a SPG Gold what did you expect beyond a basic room on an SPG floor? Golds are only entitled to "enhanced" rooms within the category that was reserved, NOT upgrades into higher category rooms or suites.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Assuming the Club lounge is open on a Sunday, what time do they open for breakfast in the morning?
6:30 AM per website: Sheraton Club Lounge - Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
legionnaire likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:44 am

I have Marriott platinum, do I get breakfast at the restaurant? also, do I get club lounge access?

also, i'm travelling with my parents, I got them club room so they can use lounge, if I get them club room + breakfast rate, will they get to use restaurant for breakfast instead of lounge?

and does it worth to pay extra for breakfast?

Last edited by dhlee528; Sep 21, 2018 at 2:10 am Reason: .
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dhlee528
I have Marriott platinum, do I get breakfast at the restaurant? also, do I get club lounge access?

also, i'm travelling with my parents, I got them club room so they can use lounge, if I get them club room + breakfast rate, will they get to use restaurant for breakfast instead of lounge?

and does it worth to pay extra for breakfast?
I have not been there since Aug 18 but prior to that, breakfast was offered in the lounge with made to order eggs. Restaurant breakfast was never mentioned so not sure if youd have to pay full price or just an up charge. I was quite satisfied with lounge breakfast.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:02 am

Agreed, the lounge breakfast is quite nice.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been very happy with their lounge breakfast. There's lots of variety, including hot items.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premiere Elite
Staying here every second week or so. You'll get breakfast in the loung with some cold cuts, fruits, bread and an egg station where your omeltte or whatever is freshly made. Enough if you are on a business trip and just need a quick bite it comes complimentary with the Club Room.

Platinums usually get Club Rooms as Upgrade. Breakfast is one Platinum Gift Option allowing you to use the restaurant you would need the breakfast rate to use for other guest.

In my opinion the restaurant breakfast is much nice and a lot of choices, however also much more crowded as this hotel features around 1000 beds.

In the evening they offer a nice hot snack and a soup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.