FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/167961-sheraton-centre-toronto-master-thread.html)

EnvoyBoy Jul 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flews (Post 11829855)
This is a perfectly fine hotel.

I stayed there again last week. Although I must admit they pretty well screwed up everything I asked for, from the upgrade before check in, to the wake-up call before check out. Still, these things happen and the hotel followed up to my satisfaction.

I actually quite like this lounge. It's one of the reasons I stay at this property.

It's quite large and has wonderful views. Excellent service. The appetizers in the evening are among the best I have experierenced in North America. Breakfast is just fine. Of course you pay for hard drinks, just like pretty well every other Sheraton lounge. And no, you don't pay for soft drinks.

All in all one of the better category 3 properties imo.

Cheers,

I think FLEWS nails it: "It's a perfectly fine hotel."

I agree with this entire post, including having had my own service issues. I'll add I was disappointed by the lack of any extra ammenities on the club floor: no bathrobe, only two towels in a king room (and three calls and six hours to get more!), and no weekend paper. And my personal SPG pet peeve: the sign and carpet for SPG Plat/Gold check-in/help at the front desk that NEVER had anyone stationed at it!

That said, the rate was quite reasonable for a large property with such ammenities (lounge, pool, fitness room, attached shopping) and location (heart of downtown, near everything, government/finance center). I'll try some other *wood properties before I'd return but for the rate I got, I wouldn't discount it altogether; it'd just adjust my expectations.

jnswinnipeg Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Parking Options?

Does anyone know of lower cost parking options near by? Will be staying Saturday - Tuesday in October and don't need in out privileges.

bradcc Aug 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg (Post 12241141)
Does anyone know of lower cost parking options near by? Will be staying Saturday - Tuesday in October and don't need in out privileges.

There is underground parking across the street on Queen St. I think I paid between $10~$12 over night. You should have no problem finding cheaper parking alternatives as there are plenty of garages nearby

Flews Aug 18, 2009 5:18 am

My recollection is it was higher than that, and even then it was was it was because I parked after 6 pm the evening before. The guy at exit told me I'd be paying hourly rates if I'd brought it in before that. Not sure how much it would have maxed out at.

There is no such thing as really inexpensive parking in Toronto.

Cheers,

hotelfanatic Aug 18, 2009 4:09 pm

You can rent a car daily and return it overnight hence no parking fee :D

But if you have your own - it can get expensive. Almost like NYC.

carpmawj Sep 8, 2009 6:48 am

Sheraton Centre Toronto

Just a quick note to thank the hotel - 2 nights @ CAD 189 rate (& SPG Gold) got Club level amenities and food (and concierge allowed us to include the kids, so all 4 of us!), along with a great view of the CN tower in mid August - and points credited immediately (seems a rarity in many programs these days) - the pool is great too, especially before breakfast!

Well done Sheraton & SPG :D

Flews Sep 9, 2009 6:04 am

Originally Posted by carpmawj (Post 12346984)
Just a quick note to thank the hotel - 2 nights @ CAD 189 rate (& SPG Gold) got Club level amenities and food (and concierge allowed us to include the kids, so all 4 of us!), along with a great view of the CN tower in mid August - and points credited immediately (seems a rarity in many programs these days) - the pool is great too, especially before breakfast!

Well done Sheraton & SPG :D

Great to hear!

My last two stays have been so disappointing I have started staying at other *wood properties instead.

Hear's hoping the downtown Sheraton is getting its act together.

Cheers,

tkyoshi Sep 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Flews (Post 12352734)
Great to hear!

My last two stays have been so disappointing I have started staying at other *wood properties instead.

Hear's hoping the downtown Sheraton is getting its act together.

Cheers,

Mine wasn't too great either heh, almost anything they could mess up they did. However the view from the lounge is nice so I give them that one and the location is pretty good.

But regardless nice to hear carpmawj had a good stay! Maybe it's quieter there now so they have things under better control.

neuron Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is wireless internet in the hotel and if not, what is the charge for in-room internet. I am considering staying here next weekend, and wanted to plan ahead.

TIA

tkyoshi Sep 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by neuron (Post 12375078)
Can anyone tell me if there is wireless internet in the hotel and if not, what is the charge for in-room internet. I am considering staying here next weekend, and wanted to plan ahead.

TIA

I think it was $12.95 or maybe $14.95, can't remember but it's one of those 2. I'm pretty sure it is $12.95, it is included (i.e. No Extra Charge) on Club Floors and of course they have Link @ Sheraton in the lobby.

neuron Sep 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by tkyoshi (Post 12375146)
I think it was $12.95 or maybe $14.95, can't remember but it's one of those 2. I'm pretty sure it is $12.95, it is included (i.e. No Extra Charge) on Club Floors and of course they have Link @ Sheraton in the lobby.

Great, thanks for the info! I will hope they put me on the Club floor or pay for the upgrade, even if the lounge is not open on the weekends for food and drinks.

jeff30189 Dec 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Just a few random thoughts, I have stayed at the Sheraton Center on Queen St. probably 50+ times over the past several years, both pre and post refurbishment. Great hotel in a perfect downtown location, underground PATH connections to shopping and restaurants as well as the subway station.

Internet is $12.95 plus tax. Parking is outrageous at $40/night. There is a lot directly across York St that is only $25/night, or you can search for some further way that may be only $20, but those will not have in-and-out privileges.

The catch is that I always book thru Hotwire (yes, I can tell by the icons which one is the Sheraton), so although I get a great rate, I never get my Starwood points credits. For example, I'm paying $US 59/night this week 12/25 to 12/31). Cant beat that for a 4-star hotel in downtown Toronto.

The lounge is WAYYY overpriced for food, so unless you have no other options, seek out any of the 100+ convenient restaurants downtown.

The Hilton nearby is very similar in terms of quality, as is the Westin Harborfront.

Flews Dec 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by jeff30189 (Post 13044013)
The Hilton nearby is very similar in terms of quality, as is the Westin Harborfront.

Speaking of which, interestingly, the Hilton used to be the Westin and the Westin (actually, it's Harbour Castle) used to be the Hilton.

Cheers,

Zentos Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am

Junior Suite?

Does anyone have any floorplan or pictures of a Junior Suite? We're thinking of a family trip with our Toddler and want to know if there is a separate room with a door and the room sizes. He's able to sleep in a bed, so we won't need a crib, but he goes to bed much earlier than we do. ;-)

Thanks!

JonathanIT May 11, 2010 10:37 am

Looks like I'll be staying here for a few days at the end of the month... do they ever upgrade SPG Plats to suites? It doesn't look like this property has a very good track record.

Also, charging for soft drinks in the lounge sounds ludicrous... I'm not sure if this was true or not. I only found one post from last year refuting this. I'm hoping they don't! Otherwise the lounge looks awesome.