FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel, Mlini-Srebreno, Croatia [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1633474-sheraton-dubrovnik-riviera-hotel-mlini-srebreno-croatia-master-thread.html)

supatight80 Oct 21, 2016 3:00 pm

I LUV the Starwood Treatment!

3 Attachment(s)
Mr. Lukic, the GM is the nicest, down to earth, welcoming guy.

Truly appreciated on the upgrade to Presidential Suite and most especially the warmest and hospitable staffs one can ever meet.

He knows how to really make this Plat100 feel special with the hand written note, fruits, drinks waiting for me in the suite.

Highly recommended simply coz of their treatment towards their guests!

travelswithmyself Oct 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80 (Post 27376898)
Mr. Lukic, the GM is the nicest, down to earth, welcoming guy.

Truly appreciated on the upgrade to Presidential Suite and most especially the warmest and hospitable staffs one can ever meet.

He knows how to really make this Plat100 feel special with the hand written note, fruits, drinks waiting for me in the suite.

Highly recommended simply coz of their treatment towards their guests!

Wow!! How did you get that ugrade!!!

I only got an exec suite...

margarita girl Oct 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the pics. Will definitely add this to my bucket list. ^ ;)

lcpteck Oct 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Wow, it makes me want to be a better man!

supatight80 Oct 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself (Post 27377587)
Wow!! How did you get that ugrade!!!

I only got an exec suite...

Well...if you really have to know...private coaching lessons from Upgrade King and BRG queen ;)

TerryK Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80 (Post 27380344)
....private coaching lessons from Upgrade King and BRG queen ;)

Where do I sign up? ;):p

njm42 Nov 3, 2016 7:07 am

Very nice indeed - will try harder to plan more than a few weeks ahead and get a trip booked!

FlyerBeek Jan 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Booked a cash+points award here for this summer. Interestingly, the room description on the confirmation distinctly states "smoking room" even though the SPG agents insist their system shows the room as non-smoking. Received a nice confirmation from the hotel today that the entire property is, in fact, smoke free despite the erroneous room description.

As an aside, this property looks like a tremendous value. Was able to book a suite for just 4000 pts and $95 per night in the high-season.

-FlyerBeek

squatch Jan 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 27778048)
Booked a cash+points award here for this summer. Interestingly, the room description on the confirmation distinctly states "smoking room" even though the SPG agents insist their system shows the room as non-smoking. Received a nice confirmation from the hotel today that the entire property is, in fact, smoke free despite the erroneous room description.

As an aside, this property looks like a tremendous value. Was able to book a suite for just 4000 pts and $95 per night in the high-season.

-FlyerBeek

i booked recently for mid-July and couldn't get any suites for either points or cash + points. also have a stay booked at le meridien in split. looking forward to my first croatia visit.

caburrito Jan 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Booked with points here, pretty good redemption value for beginning of July $.05/point.

How far is the hotel from the main drag? Does the hotel offer a shuttle?

Happy Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am

Originally Posted by caburrito (Post 27836319)
Booked with points here, pretty good redemption value for beginning of July $.05/point.

How far is the hotel from the main drag? Does the hotel offer a shuttle?

You do know the hotel is NOT in Dubrovnik, don't you?

Use google map to give yourself a sense of the distance between the hotel and Dubrovnik old town if that is what you mean by the "main drag". BTW the main drag in the old town is VERY short.

No hotel does not provide shuttle because it is quite far away. You can take a bus from the main road about 5 min walk from the hotel, a ferry, or a taxi to go to old town. Frankly you should have a rental car to explore the nearby areas unless you plan to just relaxing at the hotel's ground which is not big but you could still stroll along the path along the shore and there are a few eateries along the way.

stimpy Jan 30, 2017 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 27838797)
Frankly you should have a rental car to explore the nearby areas

Completely agree. There is so much to see and do that a car is mandatory IMHO. It's a very beautiful part of the world.

GVA Jan 30, 2017 9:38 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 27838909)
Completely agree. There is so much to see and do that a car is mandatory IMHO. It's a very beautiful part of the world.

Yes though apparently parking in summer is difficult to find in downtown Dubrovnik. An Uber or taxi for that reason might be a good idea, especially considering the parking garage is both expensive and a good 10 minute walk from the old part.

I'd personally say, yes get a car and drive around. A drive up to Split is also worthwhile (though I'd say stay up there too) - the road is very scenic.

The Sheraton is half-way between the airport and Dubrovnik, it's modern and nice and in a new neighbourhood, but not much to see and do there except the hotel itself. A car will therefore be useful.

stimpy Jan 30, 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by GVA (Post 27839078)
Yes though apparently parking in summer is difficult to find in downtown Dubrovnik.

I think it's pretty easy to park along the upper road that looks down into Dubrovnik. I did exactly that. Or you can stay at the Hilton and use their lot. And going to Split for dinner a couple times wasn't too difficult to find parking, although it is busy!

SAN-man Jan 30, 2017 11:14 am

The hotel doesn't have a shuttle but when we stayed last summer they did have a car service that was only like $12 each way. Drivers were great, cars were very nice, and it was so much easier to just have them pick us up at the gate after a night out in town. We had a rental car for our week driving around Croatia but never took it to go into Dubrovnik. The car service even took us to Cave Bar at Hotel More for the same price. Oh, and you could bill it to the room for more Starpoints too.