Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Glasgow Airport, Scotland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Category 5.

Marriott press release:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/10/cou...hotel-glasgow/

"Marriott today announces the addition of Courtyard Glasgow Airport to its portfolio in Scotland.

Courtyard Glasgow Airport has undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment before joining Courtyard by Marriott, marking the brand’s debut in the city. Formerly Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel, the hotel is conveniently situated on Glasgow Airport’s doorstep, and a 15 minutes’ drive from the city centre.

All 114 guestrooms have undergone an extensive renovation, in addition to the public areas, leisure facilities and restaurant and bar venue, The Bistro...fully equipped fitness center, biz center, free wifi in lobby"

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tra...asgow-airport/

Noticed this as well in the press release:

"Courtyard Glasgow Airport is one of two additions for Courtyard by Marriott in Scotland this year, with Courtyard Edinburgh anticipated to open in December 2016. Courtyard by Marriott has one existing outpost in Scotland; Courtyard Aberdeen Airport, which opened in 2013."
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Hopefully this is the right thread for a review, I don’t see any posts since Sharon’s first post so I’ll provide a brief update.

I stayed here the Saturday before last on a rate of £99 that included both dinner and breakfast - i didn’t need the dinner, and didn’t have it, but that was the cheapest rate on offer. I’m not sure what would have been included for breakfast as a Titanium since I’d booked a rate that included it - we had the buffet, just a quick meal before heading to the airport so I can’t comment on it too much. Certainly fit the bill for a quick bite.

The interior of the hotel seems very fresh and new and I was happy with the room - it seemed newer than the downtown Marriott where we’d stayed the weekend before. Additionally, the window opens to get fresh air and i didn’t hear any airplanes overnight with the window open. The hotel does not have a shuttle to the airport; instead you walk down a couple of streets, through a parking lot, and then arrive at the terminal. It’s probably a ten minute walk and the hotel provides a map. There are luggage carts available for the second half of the walk. We had a rental car to return and this is also around a 7-10 minute walk from the hotel, and there’s a gas station right near the car rental return.

I would pick the downtown property for a proper city visit but this worked well before an early flight. Just note there is no shuttle and you’re on your own if you don’t want to do the ten minute walk.

Last edited by River in Sight; Jun 18, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Hopefully this is the right thread for a review, I don’t see any posts since Sharon’s first post so I’ll provide a brief update.

I stayed here the Saturday before last on a rate of £99 that included both dinner and breakfast - i didn’t need the dinner, and didn’t have it, but that was the cheapest rate on offer. I’m not sure what would have been included for breakfast as a Titanium since I’d booked a rate that included it - we had the buffet, just a quick meal before heading to the airport so I can’t comment on it too much. Certainly fit the bill for a quick bite.
You got the same deal I was on the other weekend too! And as for breakfast, you'd have got nothing as Courtyards aren't included in the breakfast deal but you could have used your $10* towards the £13 cost I think it was.

The food offerings outwith breakfast were actually quite nice and much more expansive than what you get at the Glasgow Marriott... well any UK Marriott as its the same menu throughout!

* The one thing that I did notice was as we took the $10 credit rather than the paltry 500 points, instead of getting the usual £7 odds (depending on the exchange rate) off the bar bill we actually got £10 (well £20 as OH was with me). First time ever I have scored this in the UK where its been £10 rather than $10!

The interior of the hotel seems very fresh and new and I was happy with the room - it seemed newer than the downtown Marriott where we’d stayed the weekend before. Additionally, the window opens to get fresh air and i didn’t hear any airplanes overnight with the window open.
Yes the hotel was very quiet once the windows were closed - our room looked out onto the M8 motorway but didn't hear a thing.

Our only complaint about the room was no grab bars for the bath to help you get in/out. Normally its unusual for a Courtyard to have baths, usually its walk in showers they have, or maybe that is just the new build ones rather than a refurb?

I would pick the downtown property for a proper city visit but this worked well before an early flight.
Definitely agree with you there. I'd only stay here (despite at times the rate being an awful lot cheaper than the Glasgow Marriott) if I was using it for flying out of GLA or like we did, to break up a longer journey.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Booked this place for a night for £56 with 3000 points included, to break up a journey from further north. Quite ridiculously cheap once the points are taken into account, even with the extra ten quid to park overnight.

It's getting pretty terrible reviews on TripAdvisor though. Any recent experiences?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight

The hotel does not have a shuttle to the airport; instead you walk down a couple of streets, through a parking lot, and then arrive at the terminal. It’s probably a ten minute walk and the hotel provides a map. There are luggage carts available for the second half of the walk. We had a rental car to return and this is also around a 7-10 minute walk from the hotel, and there’s a gas station right near the car rental return.
What about the reverse, walking from the terminal to the Courtyard? It seems that the sidewalk disappears near the roundabouts thereby making wlking a bit hazardous. The google street scape seems to show carparks with fencing, so a walker could not use thoughs. And the Courtyard does not have an email address to ask this question. Very annoying, especially for me who lives in the USA.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by headinclouds
What about the reverse, walking from the terminal to the Courtyard? It seems that the sidewalk disappears near the roundabouts thereby making wlking a bit hazardous. The google street scape seems to show carparks with fencing, so a walker could not use thoughs. And the Courtyard does not have an email address to ask this question. Very annoying, especially for me who lives in the USA.
I had to spend the night at the CY Glasgow Airport and the walk took 10-15 mins from the Terminal to the Hotel via the convoluted roads. It's not really that busy but it can be a bit of a drag with bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.