Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Hotel email: [email protected]

MRT:
  • Shenton Way (TE19) -- note, the Exit Directory lists exit 3 for the Westin, but exit 4 will pop you out right by the front door.
  • Downtown (DT17) -- exit E
See post #492 for current welcome letter detailing benefits and lounge hours.
Print Wikipost

Westin Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wantan
Was offered this as SPG Gold at check in. No problems and very professional staff all round

Also the Lobby Lounge has a good (and reasonably priced) wine tasting menu. For SGD20nett you'd get 3 glasses x 200 ml of either red or white. Great value for Singapore and even better with the 25% SPG discount !
That is good for Singapore, assuming that the wines are drinkable.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Just check-in today, I arrived at 9am, leaving luggage there and came back from Asia Square during lunch, I didn't realize the time, but during check-in I discovered that it was still 12:XX, no question and no any surcharge on this. Asked for 4PM checkout and was admitted in a second.
Room upgraded to sea view room (I'm just Gold, so not expecting something like suite), pretty good!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium; UA Silver
Smile Two nice stays at Westin

Would agree with MSPeconomist's assessment of the Westin. We just stayed there for a three night stay and then shortly thereafter for a four night stay and had good experiences both times. It was our first stays at this relatively new Westin having stayed at the Sheraton four years ago. We liked the location better than the Sheraton. Metro nearby. Hawker place nearby. Food court in connecting floor between the two Asia Square Towers and open all week but not on weekends. Can walk to Marina Bay and see the views, lights, and light show at night. Get some iced honey milk tea at the Old Tea Hut in the nearby Marina Link Mall! Service by front desk staff and Executive Lounge staff was wonderful. They were impressive with their eagerness to help you and make your stay great. Breakfast buffet was impressive. Food servings in Executive Lounge were above average. Only downsides we found - pool was not as warm as it should be and the the immediate area, the Asia Square Towers, are dead on the weekend - though again, not too far to walk or metro to ChinaTown, Merloin/Marina Bay, the Gardens by the Bay, and the Marina Sands Hotel.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:14 pm

The Westin is also about 10 min walking distance from Club Street - arguably one of the busiest places on weekend (nights).

Ask the concierge for directions! (though you can't really miss it..)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by lingua101
i submitted a "complain" about the Westin Singapore did not want to honor the 4pm check out, and this is the reply I got.

Personally I rather disappointed on the reply. The agent is putting the burden to the guest to know the benefits and in case the hotel does not give the benefit, the guest should contact SPG.

There is no effort (at least on the reply) that SPG mentioned that they will investigate and ensure the hotel and its staffs are properly trained and aware of the benefits that need to be the guest.

What happen if the guest is not aware about the benefit that he should entitle? The burden should be on the hotel not on the guest.
Welcome to Singapore, there is no local word for "service"
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by flyalotlm
... Service by front desk staff and Executive Lounge staff was wonderful. They were impressive with their eagerness to help you and make your stay great. Breakfast buffet was impressive. Food servings in Executive Lounge were above average.
Agree fully, having just completed a two night stay. Also spa receptionist and staff were extremely friendly.

Even though the hotel was rather full during the Chinese New Year week (I checked with a dummy booking), neither the lounge nor the pool were at all crowded. What a great pool, at least on a par with W Hong Kong. And water not too warm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Pardon, but what's SIN DO?
Originally Posted by remymartin
Yeah, I guess my invitation got trapped in a spam folder or something...
SIN do is being held in KUL this year, in case you missed your invitation again.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ed-sin-do.html
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by margarita girl
SIN do is being held in KUL this year, in case you missed your invitation again.

Cool, thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Thanks! :P

After reading the threads, I still haven't figured out what DO stands for... or is it a "do" as in "let's have a do"...?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
I know they are two different target audience properties, but does anyone have comments on the Westin vs. the St. Regis? I've always stayed at the St. Regis, and have an upcoming trip where I'm considering trying the Westin.

The St. Regis is actually cheaper by a marginal amount on the dates I'm visiting, but I've never scored an upgrade as a PLT there in about 5 stays.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by akersnl
I know they are two different target audience properties, but does anyone have comments on the Westin vs. the St. Regis? I've always stayed at the St. Regis, and have an upcoming trip where I'm considering trying the Westin.

The St. Regis is actually cheaper by a marginal amount on the dates I'm visiting, but I've never scored an upgrade as a PLT there in about 5 stays.
Yes I would rather stay in a rabbit hutch than pay a dollar to the idiots who run (?) the St Regis, my all time worst hotel in the world
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Yes I would rather stay in a rabbit hutch than pay a dollar to the idiots who run (?) the St Regis, my all time worst hotel in the world

Really? I don't know if I've ever really had a problem there other than lack of SPG status entitlements.

There is a certain deuchery of clientele that show up in the evening in their cookie cutter super cars. And there seems to be a parade of prostitutes, but other than that....

I stay there primarily for the location. It is relatively quiet and calm, and I like to walk to the Botanical Garden.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Both properties are good, but I do prefer the St Regis!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by akersnl
Really? I don't know if I've ever really had a problem there other than lack of SPG status entitlements.

There is a certain deuchery of clientele that show up in the evening in their cookie cutter super cars. And there seems to be a parade of prostitutes, but other than that....

I stay there primarily for the location. It is relatively quiet and calm, and I like to walk to the Botanical Garden.
I wont bore you, its all in the StR master thread, but if you read the horror stories there then you will know you hav been lucky.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:27 am

Stayed there last year and should be returning for another stay this year. Also stayed in Sheraton and St Regis before. Have not tried W yet. I sure like their double beds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.