FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1489858-jw-marriott-hotel-new-delhi-aerocity-india-master-thread.html)

lucycan Nov 12, 2013 7:03 am

Checked in to the JW today. This place is amazing. Easily the nicest Marriott property I have stayed in and on par with most of the Ritz Carlton's as well. Staff is incredible. I'll get a full report once I stay a few days, but don't hesitate to book a room here!

Beano HK Nov 12, 2013 7:04 am

Am at this moment sat in the JW lounge having been here for a couple of days, so here are my impressions.

It's a 10 minute ride from the airport in either a Toyota Fortuner or a Merc S class, I chose the Merc and got the S class - good start! The hotel meeters and greeters are on the left hand side.

A whole posse of folk turned out to meet me, including the duty manager, guess they weren't too busy...after the welcome drink, we went off for an in room check in.

Lovely modern room, and of course everything is brand new. Great bed, brand new sheets, the colour scheme is lots of differing brown / beige hues, evident throughout the hotel. I have some pictures, will have to upload at a later point. Usual in room amenities, minibar etc and a ipod / pad compatible music system. (tip: no need to d/load the app to use if just playing music). My room has a terrace with a couple of seats, quite nice at this time of year, but partly overlooking a construction site at the moment. Great spacious shower and bath, for privacy the bath has a screen that can be pulled over to shield from the rest of the room. They are going through a soft opening period currently and not all of the floors are open, not that you would notice!.

Usual breakfast selection offering, with Indian specialties offered. Free newspapers on the room door in the morning, and a nice little personalized paper each morning with a global roundup. The breakfast staff are probably a little too keen, I only need to be asked once if I am enjoying myself and having a wonderful day, but if this is all I have to criticize then things ain't so bad...

I have used the car service via the concierge and I have nothing but praise for him and his team, especially the drivers - they helped me out enormously and excellent service. (and another Merc upgrade - and no I didn't ask.) how they cope with the Delhi traffic I don't know day in and day out I don't know!

And so, to the lounge. The lounge will eventually be on the 3rd floor, but in the interim is at K3 on the ground floor. Various seating, comfy tall back chairs, sofa's and really good attentive service, without being in your face - the .whole place just feels comfortable and right - maybe that's because there aren't too many guests currently.

For Sharon, the lounge Opening hours for are .0900 through to 0100 with High Tea for qualifying exec members between 1500 and 1700 and then open for drinks / snacks on a gratis basis between 1800 and 2100. Last orders are at 0045 and they will chuck you out by 0130 (apparently
Lots of choice of alcoholic drinks, 4 beers, and then a little food selection -.
Now this is the best bit. Just read this lot and let your mouth water...

Foie gras (the ethics aside, I like it and can recommend it), hummus, vegetable and tuna salad, smoked salmon canapés, pethiwali tikki, somosas, lamb mince, kathi rolls, cheese selection, sliders, antipasti, crispy shrimp calamari, steamed jiao zi dumplings, pastries etc etc.

to finish up, there isn't much here at the moment in the vicinity, there's a new Hyatt going up, some offices etc, but lots of ongoing construction. There's no noise from the construction itself, but occasionally you may hear the odd plane start up - hey it's an airport hotel after all.

At the moment there is no hotel shuttle, and this is due to GMR regulations, not of the hotels making. As the area develops there will be a shuttle, but no time line on this. So it's a taxi, hotel car or the train which is about 500 meters walk to the hotel. The hotel are frustrated about this, but much like the saga with the security required for the airport segregation, not their fault.

So, would I stay here again? Most definitely and will stay here without hesitation. Recommended.

Beano HK Nov 12, 2013 7:06 am

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 21770436)
Checked in to the JW today. This place is amazing. Easily the nicest Marriott property I have stayed in and on par with most of the Ritz Carlton's as well. Staff is incredible. I'll get a full report once I stay a few days, but don't hesitate to book a room here!

Lol...fancy a drink?

SkiAdcock Nov 12, 2013 7:37 am

Beano HK, thanks for the detailed review! And I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

You might want to PM lucycan about meeting up while you're both there. It's always fun to chat with other FTers in person.

Cheers.

Beano HK Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 21770611)
Beano HK, thanks for the detailed review! And I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

You might want to PM lucycan about meeting up while you're both there. It's always fun to chat with other FTers in person.

Cheers.

We did! Does it count as an impromptu FT do?

If only all JW's were like this...

SkiAdcock Nov 12, 2013 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Beano HK (Post 21770788)
We did! Does it count as an impromptu FT do?

If only all JW's were like this...

Yes, & sometimes impromptu ones are the best ones! Reading your review, I'd agree w/ the if only all JWs comment!

Cheers.

Retired FF Nov 12, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks Beano HK for a detailed review.
We will be there in 3 weeks and are looking forward to our stay. A couple questions for you and/or Lucycan if you are able to get the details while there!!
- is the gyn open and if so what are their hours of operation?
- The 'temporary' lounge : is it just a section within the K3 restaurant or an enclosed area? Are non alcoholic beverages etc. available throughout the day or just at certain hours?
- When is the lounge scheduled to open? and
- did either of you get any details about suite upgrades or are they even available during the soft opening?
I am an MR PLAT and plan to spend a fair amount of time at the hotel so a lounge and extra room space will definitely come in handy.
Thanks in advance.

Beano HK Nov 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Retired FF (Post 21771409)

A couple questions for you and/or Lucycan if you are able to get the details while there!!
- is the gyn open and if so what are their hours of operation?
- The 'temporary' lounge : is it just a section within the K3 restaurant or an enclosed area? Are non alcoholic beverages etc. available throughout the day or just at certain hours?
- When is the lounge scheduled to open? and
- did either of you get any details about suite upgrades or are they even available during the soft opening?
I am an MR PLAT and plan to spend a fair amount of time at the hotel so a lounge and extra room space will definitely come in handy.
Thanks in advance.

The gymnasium is open 24/7 but only manned until 2300.

The lounge is currently adjacent to K3, and is semi - private.

I don't know about non alcoholic drinks.

Lounge is scheduled to open on level 3 "next week".

I don't know about upgrades and didn't ask, I was more than satisfied with my room though.

Both lucycan and I have now checked out, Although they may be back in a day or so and as a Plat maybe better placed than me to comment on upgrades.

Ate in K3 last night, choice of buffet or a la carte. I chose buffet with a choice of Chinese, Italian and Indian selections. Nothing fancy, but no complaints. I enjoyed the home made ice cream. YMMV

Retired FF Nov 13, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks for the responses to my questions. Good to hear that the lounge will be opening next week and that the gym is open 24 hours.
Safe travels..

lucycan Nov 14, 2013 10:11 am

I'm back at the hotel now so let me know if you have additional questions.

Retired FF Nov 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 21784378)
I'm back at the hotel now so let me know if you have additional questions.

Did you ask for or got a suite upgrade?

molder78 Nov 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Lucycan: Are you still at the hotel?

I will be there in 3 weeks but I am concerned about their airport pick up policy. I am coming with family the S Class just won't be enough for the stroller etc.

Also - did you ask for an upgrade?

Thanks much .

lucycan Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by molder78 (Post 21859441)
Lucycan: Are you still at the hotel?

I will be there in 3 weeks but I am concerned about their airport pick up policy. I am coming with family the S Class just won't be enough for the stroller etc.

Also - did you ask for an upgrade?

No. They have a larger (and cheaper) vehicle as well.

They gave me an upgrade. Keep in mind NONE of the suites are finished yet so an upgrade is really just a view. The top 2 floors of the hotel are still unfinished as well, so I believe floor 3 is tops.

molder78 Nov 27, 2013 5:45 am

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 21860509)
No. They have a larger (and cheaper) vehicle as well.

They gave me an upgrade. Keep in mind NONE of the suites are finished yet so an upgrade is really just a view. The top 2 floors of the hotel are still unfinished as well, so I believe floor 3 is tops.

Thanks Lucycan. Just one more question- do all their rooms have a balcony?

lucycan Nov 27, 2013 6:03 am

Originally Posted by molder78 (Post 21862614)
do all their rooms have a balcony?

I don't believe ANY of them have a balcony. Are we talking about the same property?

There are a few (first floor) rooms that have a small Terrace, but no balconies that I am aware of.