FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, India [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1489858-jw-marriott-hotel-new-delhi-aerocity-india-master-thread.html)

platbrownguy Mar 13, 2024 1:14 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 35915740)
I stayed there in November - what would you like to know?

Thoughts on staying here for a conference that is at the neighboring Andaz? Is it easily and quickly walkable from the JW? (A glance at a map indicates "surely it is" but one never knows...)

I have a room booked at the Andaz but only basic rooms are available through the conference room block (and nothing except "guaranteed availability" base rooms available outside the room block)... and I'd much prefer to just book a large suite, which I can do at the JW. I'll have wife & kid with me who will want to make use of the club lounge, pool, etc., so I'm leaning towards the JW.

acjflyer Mar 13, 2024 1:49 am

Yes, that’s doable. The main entrance of the JW even faces the Andaz.

puchong Mar 13, 2024 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 36075784)
Thoughts on staying here for a conference that is at the neighboring Andaz? Is it easily and quickly walkable from the JW? (A glance at a map indicates "surely it is" but one never knows...)

I have a room booked at the Andaz but only basic rooms are available through the conference room block (and nothing except "guaranteed availability" base rooms available outside the room block)... and I'd much prefer to just book a large suite, which I can do at the JW. I'll have wife & kid with me who will want to make use of the club lounge, pool, etc., so I'm leaning towards the JW.

Yes, you can walk between the two hotels - as someone else posted above. Regarding the Andaz, while others have left raving reviews, I found it to be less than desirable - the rooms while spacious are kind of bare IMO, long walks from the elevator, Front Desk manned by staff who think they are very hep but do not care two hoots about actual guest hospitality. It was OK for an overnight stay between flights but I am certainly not going back there.

platbrownguy Mar 13, 2024 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 36078241)
Yes, you can walk between the two hotels - as someone else posted above. Regarding the Andaz, while others have left raving reviews, I found it to be less than desirable - the rooms while spacious are kind of bare IMO, long walks from the elevator, Front Desk manned by staff who think they are very hep but do not care two hoots about actual guest hospitality. It was OK for an overnight stay between flights but I am certainly not going back there.

thanks!