Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
Helpful tips:
  • Closest hotel to Kahului Airport (OGG)
  • When coming into town on the main road from the airport, the hotel is on your left, but you cannot turn left into its parking lot. You have to go to the intersection that's immediatly past the hotel and turn left to go around to the other side of the hotel, where you can actually turn to go into the parking lot. (Maui has a lot of parking lots that are like that, where you can only go into them with a right turn and you can only exit them with a right turn.)
  • Next to Costco (stock up )
  • Category 7
  • No resort fee
  • Parking is $12/night but sometimes waived for elites
    Otherwise craz pointed out "I parked it on Kiele St which is all of a 2-3 min walk. Its a small street off Dairy Rd between the Lexus showroon and Tesoro gas station" so surface parking can be found.
  • the CYs shuttle will take you within a 3 mile radius, the local Enterprise is by the Maui Mall a 1 mile distance , check to see if their rates are cheaper then the airports, wish I had known that
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant

New-build, standard big-lobby Courtyard that just happens to be very close to the Maui airport. Would have thought it would be flight-crew central, but mostly seemed to be families doing Maui on a budget. (While hardly on a beach, you can drive to one from there. If you were trying to run all over the island all in one trip it might make a lot of sense).

We used it as an arrival destination before moving on to a resort, and it really worked well for that. (The Enterprise lot is a block away and you could easily save a car night coming or going). It would also work well as a jumping off or ending point for the Road to Hana.

Absolutely nothing but positives, but understand you are at the airport not the beach. Don't think I'd say spend my whole week there, but tremendously convenient spot coming or going.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I stayed here on a MR. I don't do turn & burns, I like to at least stay over one night and see a little something before heading back to the airport. It's across from a Costco which is convenient for fillup of rental cars. You can walk to it from the airport or rental car locations, although it'd be a bit of a hike for some for me it's enjoyable. Drove up to Haleakala for the afternoon, GORGEOUS!

Location is category 4. I have 3 cat4 certs in my Marriott account (1 from signing up for Marriott CC, others from promotions) so I burned one off here. Otherwise this place is $179 per night so it's a great place to use the certs.

Debating right now a trip to Maui, stay here and use it for a base of operations with rental car to explore the rest of the island for 3-5 day trip.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates!

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Very good use of a Cat 4 certificate.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by dayone
Very good use of a Cat 4 certificate.
Agree, enjoy it while it lasts! I enjoy it for those late arrivals into OGG when I don't feel like adding on an hour drive to Kapalua on a two lane road in the pitch black.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:11 pm

Used this hotel recently for a family trip, and it came in real handy since most of the relatives were in the Kahului / Paia area.

One pleasant surprise I found in the Market for my Platinum amenity item was a jar of passion-fruit butter from Makawao. Great souvenir!

I like the suggestion of using the hotel shuttle pickup from the airport for the first night, saving a rental car day and parking fee. May do that the next time.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Stayed here, awesome use for 20,000 points or free night cert. The airport hotel shuttle was easy and convenient. Would stay here again, only stayed one night. Right across the street is Costco. I'm posting my whole Maui/Oahu trip right now.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:25 pm

Of course, it will become a cat 5 hotel after May 15.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by recadna
Of course, it will become a cat 5 hotel after May 15.
That sucks... everything becoming more expensive... hotel loyalty is going down the drain..
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:19 pm

Was just wondering about the breakfast?

I'm looking at the breakfast inclusive rate and the only description included is: - "Includes breakfast for two daily in Bistro"

Is it a buffet breakfast? If so, how is the spread? Or is it just a dollar amount credit at the restaurant?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:18 pm

We stayed here in February using a cat. 4 certificate for one night on arrival before moving to Kaanapali Beach for the rest of our vacation. We did the road to Hana the next morning and it was perfect. We came from the East coast so we woke up very early and were on our way before 7:00pm. We finished and headed over to Kaanapali for the rest of our stay. It also saved an hour getting back to the that point to start the road to Hana.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw

I'm looking at the breakfast inclusive rate and the only description included is: - "Includes breakfast for two daily in Bistro"

Is it a buffet breakfast? If so, how is the spread? Or is it just a dollar amount credit at the restaurant?
Breakfast here is actually the standard Bistro counter service, not a buffet.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw

Why would you think it was a buffet? It is a C/Y and they mention the bistro concept where there is no such thing as a buffet.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by abouna
We stayed here in February using a cat. 4 certificate for one night on arrival before moving to Kaanapali Beach for the rest of our vacation. We did the road to Hana the next morning and it was perfect. We came from the East coast so we woke up very early and were on our way before 7:00pm. We finished and headed over to Kaanapali for the rest of our stay. It also saved an hour getting back to the that point to start the road to Hana.
Ha. 7 AM is a late start- Spent the night Sunday and Monday was a bright wakeup at 4 AM...for the drive to the summit of Haleakala. Nice sunrise though ^

Pool area small and quaint, and a/c worked well. However I'm not a fan of the CY mini fridges

Will be back tomorrow night for the last evening on the Valley Isle.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:07 pm
rln

Am staying here for a couple of nights. Its a step beyond any Courtyard I've stayed at. The pool area includes a number of cabanas with very comfortable padded lounges. Quite nice. Looks like there is a large "fire feature" to sit around at night. Maybe its not the beach, but with ample palms swaying and birds chirping, its very nice.

The fitness room has the latest equipment.

The television list is about the best I've seen - not only Turner Movies, but MGM movies - only other place I've seen that is at full service Moscow Marriott.

I got upgraded to a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen -- full sized fridge, dishwasher, stove (kind with invisible burners), dishes, etc. Very nice. True to my practice, I am sleeping on the very comfortable couch.

All in all, am enjoying this property more than Waikiki Marriott. Its my first trip to Maui and would probably look to this property again instead of paying twice at much at a "real" resort. This is resort enough for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.