Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the San Diego area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
​​​​​​​This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the San Diego area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Some of the Residence Inns away from Downtown have free parking - it was free at San Diego Central (Kearny Mesa) earlier this month, and it looks like Chula Vista and Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway are complimentary as well.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:35 am

Where you stay in the San Diego area is always dependent on what is important to you. Beach? Gaslamp? Downtown? Near Legoland? Yes, some of the further out hotels have free parking and are still just 15-20 minutes away from most everything. I live near the hotels on Scripps Poway Parkway. Very close to the freeway that will take you anywhere. The downside of some of these places is that they're not right next to anything of interest and some of the neighborhoods may feel rather bland and even industrial. I think Liberty Station is a very good choice. It is not in the crush of downtown -- and the prices reflect that. But the area is interesting and has a nice "vacation" feel to it.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:05 am

Any recent stays at Pier South Resort Autograph Collection in Imperial Beach? Looks just south of Coronado but on the sand. We are looking to use 2 of our 50k certificate from my Ritz card. We are both Platinum. Any tips or suggestions?
Traveling with 19 & 17 yr old, looks they they charge extra person fees over 2 people in each room? Any feedback on the Platinum breakfast? Ty
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by Quimby4
Any recent stays at Pier South Resort Autograph Collection in Imperial Beach? Looks just south of Coronado but on the sand. We are looking to use 2 of our 50k certificate from my Ritz card. We are both Platinum. Any tips or suggestions?
Traveling with 19 & 17 yr old, looks they they charge extra person fees over 2 people in each room? Any feedback on the Platinum breakfast? Ty
stayed in Jan. Rooms are huge and if you get ocean front, views are awesome

pool is terrible, tiny and zero privacy, actually to the point of awkward given all ocean side rooms are mere feet from the pool

restaurant on site is excellent with good platinum breakfast and seemed to attract locals which is a good sign imo. There is no lounge

all in nice hotel albeit a tad far from San Diego imo
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:11 am

Best SD area hotel (Marriott or otherwise) at Thanksgiving time with high school age kids.

I like to be able to walk to restaurants/shops but no other agenda for the trip.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Best SD area hotel (Marriott or otherwise) at Thanksgiving time with high school age kids.

I like to be able to walk to restaurants/shops but no other agenda for the trip.
Love the US Grant. Walking distance to everything in the gaslamp and the property itself is gorgeous. It can be pricey, but well worth the splurge.
damon88 and SacTownGuy like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm a fan of Springhill Suites Bayfront/Downtown (and I usually don't like limited service properties). It's walking distance to the waterfront, Little Italy, downtown, and Gaslamp.

The Grant is great if you don't mind 24 hour a day traffic noise from the Gaslamp through the historic single-paned windows.
SacTownGuy likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:36 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm a fan of Springhill Suites Bayfront/Downtown (and I usually don't like limited service properties). It's walking distance to the waterfront, Little Italy, downtown, and Gaslamp.

The Grant is great if you don't mind 24 hour a day traffic noise from the Gaslamp through the historic single-paned windows.
We have stayed there close to 20 times and have never once heard traffic noise.
FlightNurse and kennycrudup like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium

I’d vote either Marriott on Coronado or Marriott marquis. Both have a resort feel, guessing the kids might want to just lounge and hangout. These are both hangout hotels
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Well during thanksgiving rates are high... Will you have a car? Now if you want to keep the kids happy and you, think about Spring Hill Suits downtown, I just stayed at my first Spring hill suits and like it, but haven't stayed at this particular hotel, but have stayed at the IC that is right next door. Lots of things for the kids to do and close to the Light Rail line and places to eat.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...5-54ba596febe2
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, SW
Marriott Courtyard - Liberty Station

I know in the world of road warriors, points and elite status, it can be easy to focus on our upgraded rooms, our free breakfast and other "important" things. I just wanted to share a great experience I had at a recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Liberty Station. I frequently stay here due to it's great location near the water, downtown and in Liberty Station. It's one of the nicer Courtyards in the chain and centrally located to all San Diego has to offer. I usually bring my bicycle and enjoy bike riding around beautiful San Diego. On a recent trip in October, I had an accident on my bike and ended up spending the night in the hospital. It turned out that I had a mild concussion, but luckily was not seriously injured. I called Elizabeth at the Courtyard front desk, and she quickly went into action. She extended my stay for a very discounted rate, organized a small gift bag of items and greeted me when I returned to the hotel. That evening, she organized the delivery of a plate of warm cookies and milk. The kindness and outstanding customer service Elizabeth and the team at Courtyard Liberty Station demonstrated was outstanding. These actions were very simple, but were much appreciated and have made me a fan of Marriott for life.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:18 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by kenpasadena
I know in the world of road warriors, points and elite status, it can be easy to focus on our upgraded rooms, our free breakfast and other "important" things. I just wanted to share a great experience I had at a recent stay at the Marriott Courtyard Liberty Station. I frequently stay here due to it's great location near the water, downtown and in Liberty Station. It's one of the nicer Courtyards in the chain and centrally located to all San Diego has to offer. I usually bring my bicycle and enjoy bike riding around beautiful San Diego. On a recent trip in October, I had an accident on my bike and ended up spending the night in the hospital. It turned out that I had a mild concussion, but luckily was not seriously injured. I called Elizabeth at the Courtyard front desk, and she quickly went into action. She extended my stay for a very discounted rate, organized a small gift bag of items and greeted me when I returned to the hotel. That evening, she organized the delivery of a plate of warm cookies and milk. The kindness and outstanding customer service Elizabeth and the team at Courtyard Liberty Station demonstrated was outstanding. These actions were very simple, but were much appreciated and have made me a fan of Marriott for life.
Thanks for sharing this, kenpasadena! I just wanted to let you know I've passed this along to the hotel's management team so they know how much you appreciated Elizabeth's efforts to make your stay more comfortable after the accident. We always enjoy hearing when an associate makes a special effort for one of our guests.

Regards,

Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
kenpasadena likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by kenpasadena
Wow, sorry to hear of your accident. Hope all is well. It sounds like you were in good hands. I'll just add that this is by far my favorite hotel in the San Diego area. We've been there many times - most recently at the end of September. They treat guests like human beings and the manager is very "hands-on". Once you factor in the location with dining, walking and biking options, it's essentially a mini-resort and definitely better than any other Courtyard I know of.
kenpasadena likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:43 pm

Just stayed at the new Springhill Suites at the airport... Great property. I would suggest staying there if you're wanting something NEAR downtown, but also close to the beach.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Can someone post meal hours for week day and weekends at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina? Comments on the food offerings would be a welcome bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.