Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Airport Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vancouver Airport Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Big Mo
Any updates on the property, especially the rail service? I'll be arriving from Seattle via Amtrak and departing via cruise ship.

It's not my first choice, but unfortunately the Ren is fully booked, the Pinnacle is exorbitantly priced during my stay, and rewards are blacked out for the entire city 4 months in advance.
When is your cruise date? Can you update your findings regarding the rail service? If I depart before you, I will do the same.

The Disney cruise ship departs on July 26. I booked under the Park and Fly room rate, which is lower than paying for a room and 7-day parking separately. My current plan is to drop the family off at the cruise terminal, park at the hotel, and then take the SkyTrain back.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
We're not leaving until Sept.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm assuming the answer is no, but does anyone know if the airport property's exec lounge is open on the weekend? If not, do they provide brekkie coupons? If closed, is it key accessible for sodas? Is there an i-net terminal?

If you know answers to the above, please post & I'll update the exec lounge stickey.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm assuming the answer is no, but does anyone know if the airport property's exec lounge is open on the weekend? If not, do they provide brekkie coupons? If closed, is it key accessible for sodas? Is there an i-net terminal?

If you know answers to the above, please post & I'll update the exec lounge stickey.

Cheers.
Sharon,

I'm newly/temporarily gold (via "taste of gold" promotion), so your questions really got me thinking. I just called up the hotel since I will be staying there in late July.

* Concierge lounge is closed at 9am on Friday and re-opens on Sunday night (forgot to ask the time)

* Breakfast certificate will be provided for on-site restaurant or room service

* Call Concierge to let you in to get snacks/water during weekend closure

* One laptop in concierge & two computers at business center
Old May 27, 2011, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks! I'll update the thread in the morning.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:16 pm

The Skytrain (Canada Line) is a 17minute ride to dowtown. You purchase tickets from the vending machines (by zone).
Old May 28, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Do the Skytrain vending machines accept credit cards?
Old May 28, 2011, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Big Mo
Do the Skytrain vending machines accept credit cards?
Yes, we used our visa with no problems.

We stayed at this property last year before a cruise - we were meeting friends at the airport in the morning (we flew in the night before) so it was convenient.

We arrived at about 10:30 at night - the restaurant was closed, but the Sheraton next door still served food in the bar, so it was fine.

We were upgraded to a corner suite - two rooms and a door to the smallest balcony ever.

I'd stay again under similar circumstances.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:12 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
any updates from the past 8 years? i see the sheraton is next door, but the same price and looks a little bit dated compared to the marriott yvr. here for two nights, last minute, on the weekend, friends all around the entire city and we also see there are lots of dining options around. but anything based on anyone's experience?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cur
any updates from the past 8 years? i see the sheraton is next door, but the same price and looks a little bit dated compared to the marriott yvr. here for two nights, last minute, on the weekend, friends all around the entire city and we also see there are lots of dining options around. but anything based on anyone's experience?
Both the Sheraton you mention and an adjacent Hilton were disrupted by a bad norovirus outbreak earlier this year:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...reak-1.5136222

But the Marriott stayed clean.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:11 pm
cur

stayed here two nights on the weekend as a platinum.

location is useful, near the mall and some very good dim sum places.

staff are casual but nice.

got upgraded to a 1br suite on the 5th floor which had a baclony and living room area but no bath tub. very nice room but no patio furniture. room was very modern and bed comfortable.

gym and pool and hot tub are nice.

lounge was only open for cold snacks, so i was offered:
1000 point amenity
750 points for no breakfast
the lounge had chocolate milk always available so i was very happy.

we also took the do not disturb sign off at 12:30pm and we returned at night time with an unserviced room. so we agreed on 1500 points, or 3x the make a green$$$choice.

will return, this property new and nice.
unclepants likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The property certainly isn't new, but it's serviceable. Does anyone know what the actual suite numbers are?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:20 pm
cur

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
The property certainly isn't new, but it's serviceable. Does anyone know what the actual suite numbers are?
we were 502. the fire exit guide has floor plans of the entire floor so you can def gander at that.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Stayed here last night and was quite impressed in the staff. I left my bike and ski bag 2 days before my check-in so I didn't have to cart them over to Victoria. Upgraded to the best room in the hotel (as per the front desk guy) which was a 2 bedroom suite with balcony. I was thanked for my status at check-in and had no problem with a 4pm check-out. All the staff were quite cheery whenever I walked through the lobby and the server in the restaurant was excellent.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:05 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Anyone with more recent experiences to report? I have an one nighter coming up. TIA.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.