Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near LaGuardia Airport (New York City)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near LaGuardia Airport (New York City)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Suggestions requested for LGA hotels

We are flying into LGA in the afternoon (May) from Europe, staying 2 nights, then flying out of LGA in the early morning (6:50 AM). My plan was to use either cat-4 free nights (SpringHill LGA) or cat-5 free nights (almost any other LGA property). Can anyone who knows these hotels recommend one? We would like to be able to take the train (or bus) into Manhattan on the open day in-between our travel days.

A bit of research on my own suggested that the SpringHill would work (they seem to offer a free shuttle to the train station), although getting back from the 7-train at night could be interesting.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite
Originally Posted by BigE
We are flying into LGA in the afternoon (May) from Europe, staying 2 nights, then flying out of LGA in the early morning (6:50 AM). My plan was to use either cat-4 free nights (SpringHill LGA) or cat-5 free nights (almost any other LGA property). Can anyone who knows these hotels recommend one? We would like to be able to take the train (or bus) into Manhattan on the open day in-between our travel days.

A bit of research on my own suggested that the SpringHill would work (they seem to offer a free shuttle to the train station), although getting back from the 7-train at night could be interesting.
Big E - I travel weekly to NYC and stay at the Springhill Suites LaGuardia (Corona, NY). You can't go wrong with this property. It's only a year old and absolutely beautiful. The management and staff are terrific. The valet guys will shuttle you to the 7 train if needed although it's not really that shady to walk there during the day and only takes 15 minutes. I've stayed in the nearby Courtyard (not that great) and the Fairfield Inn (same owners as Springhill, nice clean and a bit cheaper). The Springhill is by far the best hotel around for the money and if you want to use your certs. Even the guests I speak to in the lobby or elevator all can't believe how nice it is. PM me if you want more info.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - Springhill Suites LGA - 10/31 - 11/1:

Location: The hotel is on Northern Blvd and 112th Street. This makes it about a 5 minute ride from LGA and about 20 from JFK (Uber fare from JFK was $28). It's also a half mile walk to the 111th Street 7 Line stop and also about a three quarter mile walk to Citi Field. For a LGA Airport hotel or a Mets game this hotel works very well. Do note the entrance isn't really well marked, you follow a sloping ramp down below street level. Also, there's not much in this neighborhood in walking distance in terms of eateries.

Hotel: The building is pretty modern and has a really nice lobby area with a lot of seating, a bar, and a large sundry store. The circular reception desk is a bit odd though as it was hard to tell where one is supposed to queue up. There is also an on-site parking garage. Common areas are also very nice.

Check In: No problem getting our room at 1:45 PM and the agent on duty was very nice and explained how the Wifi worked, breakfast hours and the shuttle.

Room: In no circumstances can this room be considered a suite. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly pleasant but there wasn't even a real sitting area. The kitchenette was small but usable, as was the bathroom and desk area. Thankfully, the Wifi worked well and the shower was nice and hot.

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast doesn't start until 7 on weekends which is annoying for an airport hotel. It was a decent spread though, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, six kinds of cereal fruit, yogurt, breads and oatmeal. There is a shuttle to LGA which runs every half hour.

Overall a very pleasant hotel if you need to be in this part of Queens, want to walk to the Mets game or have a flight from LGA.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed trip report w/ pics! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

I couldn't find a Master Thread for the LaGuardia Marriott. I'm told they just completed their $30M upgrade.

Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
I couldn't find a Master Thread for the LaGuardia Marriott. I'm told they just completed their $30M upgrade.

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott Reveals $30 Million Transformation
Ysitincoach likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
And the Courtyard across from LaGuardia has closed.

Lovely seeing a Courtyard, right when you leave the airport, with boarded-up doors and windows.

Welcome to Queens!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
And the Courtyard across from LaGuardia has closed.

Lovely seeing a Courtyard, right when you leave the airport, with boarded-up doors and windows.

Welcome to Queens!
Wow that's been there forever, it was even in the movie Sully. Is it being razed or converted into another hotel?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by CMK10
Wow that's been there forever, it was even in the movie Sully. Is it being razed or converted into another hotel?
That's the Courtyard that was rumored to either plan to rent rooms to NYC Dept. Homeless Services, or be turned into a homeless shelter in 2017. After the community outcry, I think that was put on hold, if it ever was to be at all. Then last summer, the State Dept. of Labor announced the hotel would close in October due to economic reasons. A state senator thought it had been in financial straits for some time. There's been no local news about what's going to happen to it. Apparently, it was built in the early 60s.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Not sure if there is a more current thread on the LGA Marriott, but I stayed there last night, "courtesy" of Delta.

Shuttle came when promised but made stops after picking me up at terminal D turning a 3 minute journey into 20 (after a 12 minute wait); I should have just taken the $11 uber.

Check in was thankfully easy (I skirted inside, beating a throng of flight crew). The agent was very nice and gave me a $20 F&B credit for the lounge being closed, plus a couple waters, even though she didn't have to. (I gave her my Marriott number for any incidentals and she noticed I was Ambassador.) She apologized that the room itself would be one of the "Delta rooms." I said it was fine, I was leaving at 4:30am anyhow.

The Delta room, like LGA, was indeed a dump country -- uncomfortable double bed, small thin pillows, barely functioning A/C (I had it on high at 65 and it struggled to get down to 72), and the faint odor of air freshener masking decades of occupancy by cigarette- and marijuana-smelling (if not smoking) guests. It was on the first floor (which was thankfully one floor above the lobby), allowing the musically inclined to indulge in a symphony of late night and early morning highway noises.

The bar was nice enough. Basil Hayden was a non-extortionate (for NYC) $17, even in a Manhattan. The wedge salad satisfied this Texan. And they even took the $45 in meal vouchers that Delta gave me in PWM where I waited out a rolling 4 hour delay (never mind that the food outlets at PWM don't take Delta vouchers).

No way I would pay the going rates for the "convenience" -- given the multi-stop shuttle, the apparent proximity to LGA isn't all that great, so if I ever have to overnight at LGA at my own expense, I would just go for the SHS or Aloft or whatnot, which appear to be significantly cheaper.

Anyhow, I'll leave you with the Wedge, which really was quite nice (good blue cheese, crumbly bacon, and the tomatoes were roasted and tossed in olive oil and herbs).

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 12, 2022 at 9:33 am Reason: Removed vulgar/profane word per FT Rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.