Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by drewp123
I just finished a stay at Saadiyat. I received an upgrade to a suite with a gulf view. I was treated very well as a platinum. The buffet is great, but you must sacrifice the check in bonus.

You will have no problem at the beach areas. Dress as you wish.
We're staying at the new St. Regis (looks like in Abu Dhabi proper in the "corniche" area) not the Saadiyat one. We're moving to the Park Hyatt Saadiyat for the 2nd half of our stay in AUH.

Would it be OK to run in normal western workout gear outside around the corniche area--which I gather is a bit trendier than other parts of town--or best to stick to the gym? We love running outside to see new places, but certainly don't want to offend anyone.

I did apply SN awards for the 2 nights at the St. Regis and it looks like it books into either the St. Regis Suite or the Junior Suite (requested both). See how that goes...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
While there's a huge beach, it's quite calm and to a point, deserted around that area. I wouldn't worry a bit running along Corniche.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
So I'm thinking of proposing during our stay in Abu Dhabi, and probably while we're at the St. Regis (we're doing 2 nights at St. R Abu Dhabi and 2 nights at Park Hyatt Saadiyat). Any suggestions from those who have visited the hotel or Abu Dhabi in general?

I know I don't want to do something public and have the whole restaurant looking at us -- that's not either of us. I was thinking of doing a private dinner on the beach once we get to the Maldives, but that's 2 hotels and 5 days of waiting--a logistical nightmare (where to keep the ring for 5 days) and I wouldn't be able to relax for 1/3 of the vacation.

I know there is some privacy to be found in the dessert... Any other ideas? Maybe try the concierge at the St. Regis and see if he has any ideas... FWIW we arrive Dec 31.

Last edited by DC777Fan; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
So I'm thinking of proposing during our stay in Abu Dhabi, and probably while we're at the St. Regis (we're doing 2 nights at St. R Abu Dhabi and 2 nights at Park Hyatt Saadiyat). Any suggestions from those who have visited the hotel or Abu Dhabi in general?

I know I don't want to do something public and have the whole restaurant looking at us -- that's not either of us. I was thinking of doing a private dinner on the beach once we get to the Maldives, but that's 2 hotels and 5 days of waiting--a logistical nightmare (where to keep the ring for 5 days) and I wouldn't be able to relax for 1/3 of the vacation.

I know there is some privacy to be found in the dessert... Any other ideas? Maybe try the concierge at the St. Regis and see if he has any ideas... FWIW we arrive Dec 31.
Nothing is better than the Maldives during sunset, would be just perfect. good luck.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:10 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Nothing is better than the Maldives during sunset, would be just perfect. good luck.
Agreed.

I've been to the PH Hadahaa and I think it would eclipse the first two hotels.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Anyone who knows when Nation Riviera Beach Club will open?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Anyone who knows when Nation Riviera Beach Club will open?
To answer my own question: Website states that it is closed until 30th of January.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (life gold);UA 1K; IC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by DC777Fan

While the St. Regis AUH is a great hotel, I am not sure it screams romance. Have you looked at the St. Regis Saadiyat - IMO much nicer for this kind of thing - plus much better restaurants.

Also, as a warning, Rhodes 44 is just flat out not good - not sure why they put such a poor restaurant in such a nice hotel.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I agree, while the rooms are nice and fresh (if you look past some of the quality issues in the room) this is definitely a business hotel and not a romantic getaway.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
Stayed in a Grand Deluxe (upgraded) and views from this junior suite style room are amazing with two sides floor to ceiling windows and bathroom with views. Had no issues to apply a 10pm Your24. Definitely a nice hotel. Beach club still not open but transfer and day pass for Emirates Palace work fine.
Now moved to St Regis Saadiyat for second part of trip and arrival and room (St Regis Suite) was a little underwhelming compared to their downtown sister.....
Old May 19, 2014, 3:25 pm

Nation Riviera Beach Club - update

Updated pictures from St. Regis Abu Dhabi (April'2014) :

Old May 20, 2014, 9:31 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
thanks for the pictures
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:21 am
Suspended

Any recent stays? Need a place for 1 night in Abu Dhabi (layover, getting in 10:30 p.m., leaving 10:30 a.m.)

Want a Starwood stay/night credit, and am looking for both convenience and bang-for-buck...

Any ideas?

EDIT: the Westin looks like the most convenient layover option.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:14 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
With reference to your request kindly see below benefits for a Platinum Member :

- Free Wifi

- 4 Pm late check out

- 3 star points for every eligible dollar spent in our hotel

- A choice of either (Breakfast or a Local Gift, or 500 star points added to your SPG Membership card)

- As well as a free upgrade subject to hotel’s availability.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: EK GOLD, EY GOLD, AZ GOLD, QR SILVER, SPG PLAT
Not the best choice for SPG members in UAE

Originally Posted by cln
With reference to your request kindly see below benefits for a Platinum Member :

So by principle the hotel should be amazing, but there is clearly a lack of consistency and authenticity in the way SPG members are treated in the hotel.
( i am SPG plat)
First impression i got from the hotel was woooow. But it stopped when I checked in. very arrogant staff, that didnt upgrade us without give any comment, until I asked. front desk manager which comes and tries to give us free breakfast that we are already untitlrd to as compensation, and that leaves promptly when I remind him that SPG members members get it for free.

after tweeting SPG they give me the worst suite ( junior suite costs just 10% more than the superior room and is of equal sise more or less,). Which i declined preferring thr view and disposition of booked room.

Butler service which is inconsistent, no turndow service, not welcome letter for SPG members, no cleaning the room, nothing at all

The pool bar tries to get payment by cash until i fight with them telling them that i blocked money on the room.

staff has this general attitude of i am better than you and know more than you with a few exeptions.

wifi is free for everyone by the way.

there is apparently a dress code for which i forced myself to wear shirts, pants and classic shoes, when nobody follows it.

All that to say that if you like feeling a little exclusive while using your Platinum card avoid this hotel. there are amazing options in Abu dhabi which tries their best to make platinum members happy GENUINELY. Eg the meridien abu dhabi, which costs 70% less than this hotel.

- Free Wifi

- 4 Pm late check out

- 3 star points for every eligible dollar spent in our hotel

- A choice of either (Breakfast or a Local Gift, or 500 star points added to your SPG Membership card)

- As well as a free upgrade subject to hotel’s availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.