Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. £80 charge for third adult and £40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob

Cocktails, wine and beer, all overlooking Big Ben. I’d say it’s one of just a few lounges that really is worthwhile going to for its atmosphere and lengthy alcohol hours. Not the evening food though. The Grosvenor JW and esp the St Pancras Ren have far more evening food, the CH trades on its great position opposite Westminster.
The cocktails aren't complimentary.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:13 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The cocktails aren't complimentary.
They have a daily cocktail that is
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

They have a daily cocktail that is
And it's a cocktail made with wine, not spirits.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:45 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Well, the day gin is wine is the day I’ll meet my maker. YMMV
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Well, the day gin is wine is the day I’ll meet my maker. YMMV
Well, when I was there in November the lounge attendants specifically told me that the complimentary cocktail, which changes 2-3 times per week, is always made with wine. Cocktails with spirits incur a charge.

On a side note, they put the ice cubes for drinks in the countertop sink. When I was there they didn't have a liner for the sink basin. I don't know if that would meet health inspector regulations.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Really. I didn’t think anyone in the UK even knew what ice was !!

On a side note, they put the ice cubes for drinks in the countertop sink. When I was there they didn't have a liner for the sink basin. I don't know if that would meet health inspector regulations.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hi guys,

I haven't been to London in years but my first trip is next week. I've been booked into the Marriott County Hall. Currently I have a "Parliament View, Guest Room, 1 King, Big Ben View" room booked. I do have Plat with Marriott -- wondering what would be an upgrade from this room if I inquired during check-in. Same as SPG that you ask at check-in on availability? or should I check-in via their mobile?

Any recommendations for good restaurants and pubs within 5-10m walking distance of the hotel (aside from the usual in-hotel bars/restaurants)?

Thanks,
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Hi guys,

I haven't been to London in years but my first trip is next week. I've been booked into the Marriott County Hall. Currently I have a "Parliament View, Guest Room, 1 King, Big Ben View" room booked. I do have Plat with Marriott -- wondering what would be an upgrade from this room if I inquired during check-in. Same as SPG that you ask at check-in on availability? or should I check-in via their mobile?

Any recommendations for good restaurants and pubs within 5-10m walking distance of the hotel (aside from the usual in-hotel bars/restaurants)?

Thanks,
I would settle for your current category of room but on the top floor(s). Some of the suites don't have a good view.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Cerberus

Thanks,
Food in the immediate area is pretty meh. Lots of chains and stuff designed for crowds. The hotel restaurant is decent, but not amazing.

If you are willing to walk down to the Tate Modern, there's a good restaurant with a nice view.

Friday through Sunday there is an open air market at SouthBank Centre with some good vendors. This is very convenient to the hotel.

You are also a do-able walk from the Anchor & Hope, one of London's most renowned gastropubs. Great food, but getting a table is a PITA.

If you must hit one of the chains, Canteen is not bad for trad English grub.

If you like good food I cannot urge you strongly enough to take the tube and/or bus to some of the really good dining options in London. My current faves are Hoppers, Quality Chop House, and Neo Bistro. All are casual but feature splendid food.
banffflyr likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
With jet-lag and being tired upon arrival from the States, what would be a good dinner option on our first night for a great introduction to the London food scene. We're staying at the Marriott County Hall and wish to avoid the mediocre food at tourist traps. What do you think about the Borough Market and the food stalls there? Better to wait until Friday when it is in full swing? Maybe Skylon at Festival Hall? Southbank Centre Food Hall doesn't open until Friday either. We'll be in town from Tuesday - Saturday. Also, any good Massage/Steam Room/Sauna options?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
With jet-lag and being tired upon arrival from the States, what would be a good dinner option on our first night for a great introduction to the London food scene. We're staying at the Marriott County Hall and wish to avoid the mediocre food at tourist traps. What do you think about the Borough Market and the food stalls there? Better to wait until Friday when it is in full swing? Maybe Skylon at Festival Hall? Southbank Centre Food Hall doesn't open until Friday either. We'll be in town from Tuesday - Saturday. Also, any good Massage/Steam Room/Sauna options?
Borough Market has a full market Wednesday-Saturday. There are some great food trucks between the Marriott County Hall and Borough Market, if you don't mind walking the riverfront. Many are also around Southbank Centre.

Why not just order room service or eat in the hotel's restaurant? You can get room service in your room or delivered to the lounge, which has even better views of the River Thames than the restaurant. Basically, everything within immediate walking distance of the hotel is either a tourist trap or a ghost town at night or when Parliament isn't sitting.

The hotel has a full gym, including sauna. There are plenty of massage places in Chinatown, but I suspect they aren't legitimate.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; May 1, 2018 at 3:18 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
If you are feeling very lazy, Gillray's at LMCH is a decent choice. We were in the same position 36 hours after our wedding and spending an entire day at Windsor Castle. Gillray's has good food and was very convenient because we were exhausted.

Somewhat close to your massage comments, go to Geo F. Stumper for a hot shave - they do it right.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sig05
If you are feeling very lazy, Gillray's at LMCH is a decent choice. We were in the same position 36 hours after our wedding and spending an entire day at Windsor Castle. Gillray's has good food and was very convenient because we were exhausted.

Somewhat close to your massage comments, go to Geo F. Stumper for a hot shave - they do it right.
Geo. F. Trumper, not "Geo F. Stumper."

Truefitt & Hill is highly recommended and is about 15 minutes by foot away, near St James's Palace.

Honestly, however, I prefer Ted Baker's Grooming Room. It's a little cheaper price wise, but they have complimentary drinks for customers. However, I have read plenty of reports of people saying they ran into The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Michael of Kent and other royals at Truefitt & Hill.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:58 am

Geo. F. Trumper, not "Geo F. Stumper."

Truefitt & Hill is highly recommended and is about 15 minutes by foot away, near St James's Palace.

Honestly, however, I prefer Ted Baker's Grooming Room. It's a little cheaper price wise, but they have complimentary drinks for customers. However, I have read plenty of reports of people saying they ran into The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Michael of Kent and other royals at Truefitt & Hill.
Ha, good catch on Trumper. Thanks.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Borough Market has a full market Wednesday-Saturday. There are some great food trucks between the Marriott County Hall and Borough Market, if you don't mind walking the riverfront. Many are also around Southbank Centre.

Why not just order room service or eat in the hotel's restaurant? You can get room service in your room or delivered to the lounge, which has even better views of the River Thames than the restaurant. Basically, everything within immediate walking distance of the hotel is either a tourist trap or a ghost town at night or when Parliament isn't sitting.

The hotel has a full gym, including sauna. There are plenty of massage places in Chinatown, but I suspect they aren't legitimate.
Can you use the bike rental on this side of the river or is it only pedestrian?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.