Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. Ł80 charge for third adult and Ł40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
shanj33, be cool
SkiAdcock wasn´t rude. In fact, he was too kind!!^
He was suggesting something, take it easy and happy FT!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chejus
SkiAdcock wasn´t rude. In fact, he was too kind!!^
He was suggesting something, take it easy and happy FT!
Sharon (aka SkiAdcock) didn't tell me about her sex change operation.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shanj33
If you read my original post I state I did search I'm looking for recent experiences. The last post that does a review is from October.

I think it's rather rude for FT posters to tell you to search especially if my first sentence is I've searched thru the post and got good information on the hotels in London. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marriott County Hall recently??

If that doesn't apply to you then don't reply. I've read many responses where folks are just asking simple questions and many jump down their throats about them asking. Responses like the one from SKiAdcock make people like me not even want to use the site.

Why can't we be more friendly in our responses. No need to be rude.
Ok you are a newbe so I wont climb down your throat! WELCOME

If theres anyone on these boards who will give their shirt off their back to Help someone You got it its SkiAdcock, nor do I ever remember reading where SHE Flamed someone or lodged a personal attack on someone!

You attacked the worst possible person to IMO, I never met Sharon nor spoken with HER, but just from reading Her VERY informative posts thoughout the years, I know I can Rely on whatever SHE posts as being the case. I HOPE 1 day to beable to write the same about Yours as well.

Now for almost any other CITY but London!! I can understand a person asking for recnt info, But London has posts on it almost everyday if not every week. I doubt that you would find a post where County Hall wasnt mentioned in the past week!! if theres Specific questions thats OK just make sure Via a "search" that it wasnt asked already and answered.

Do you really think that if there wasnt apost about The CH in say 2 or 3 weeks time , that between then and now that the Hotel has changed and did a 180 degree turn in regards to Everything or most things that were already Posted. I think not. Had the last post been a few months or so I still dont feel anything much would have changed. Its just one of those Hotels where its basically Same as Always- and where if it wasnt any longer that Posts would be made about that.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 2:52 pm

shanj33

Probably among the most current opinions/experiences in London hotels (including the Marriott and Renaissance brands)r can be found on tripadvisor.com.

You should note however that any comments regarding Marriott Rewards, MR Elite recognition (and whatever upgrade is offered) are incidental.

FWIW, I agree with the others - although you'll find occasional rudeness across the FT boards, from what I've observed in my few years here, Sharon has never been (including her post in this thread, IMO) a party to it.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Responses like the one from SKiAdcock make people [...]
...very glad that she is frequent and valuable contributor.

Why can't we be more friendly in our responses.[sic]
Take your own advice.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craz
If theres anyone on these boards who will give their shirt off their back to Help someone You got it its SkiAdcock,
Well, before Sharon loses more articles of clothing, let me re-iterate my earlier post.

I know ExecPlatinum_Lord has been there recently. I would suggest giving him a PM. He was extremely helpful to me when planning my London trip and he has been to London a number of times, so is fairly knowledgeable about all the various Marriotts there (to which I would guess that Sharon is as well.) And believe it or not, I would be willing to bet if you PM'd Sharon she would be very willing to help you out.

Also, before emotions on either side get too hot, note that online forums like this one are mostly "text" based communications. In normal communications, more than 70% of information is actually received non-verbally. Unfortunately, with "text" based communications we lose almost all of that. This is why we use emoticons. They help bring in a little of the lost non-verbal communications. The result is that it is very easy to interpret a response as inflamatory when in reality it was never intended as such.

So anytime someone posts something in response to me and I think they may be attacking me, the first thing I do is stop, take a deep breath. Then I ask myself, could the post have NOT been an attack, but a good faith effort to help or continue a dialogue. If so, then I will read it that way (whether or not is was originally intended that way is irrelevant.) If not, I will still read it as a good faith effort to help me.

The end result is quite often on this (and on most any online forum) it always seems that there are some who are just "out to get" the newbies. But in reality, they don't see it that way, and really never meant for it to be interpreted that way.

There are very few, if any, here that don't really want to help you out. It is just that everyone tries to help in different ways. So please don't take any of the responses as attacks. Take all of the responses as they were intended: To help you find the info you desired.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA-Plt/Lifetime Gold;Marriott-Plt Prem;Hilton-Dia;Hertz-Pres Cir
Smile

Ok, I'm taking my own advice, I'm apologizing if I seemed rude to Sharon. But in the last month I've read so many posts from newbies that are slammed for asking questions, that yes, could be answered if they searched. And I'm new and know that the search function doesn't always work.

So to SkiAdcock, I apologize. I appreciate the advice but I still believe that some replies can be harsh to the newbies.

I'm woman enough to apologize when I'm wrong or if I've said or typed anything that offended someone else.
Old May 6, 2007, 6:17 am

Newbie - Question about Marriott County Hall

This is my first rewards booking with the Marriott. We booked for 2 nights at the Marriott County hall London in July. The previous threads on this hotel are a few years ago.

We have a breakfast for 2 rate and we have two kids - What would their breakfast cost? Actually only one for my youngest is a infant.

Is it worth upgrading to a riverview room ? Is there a chance that the hotel will automatically upgrade you ?

Thanks. I am at a Silver status
Old May 6, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Welcome to FT, shooshman.
Silver won't get you very far in the MR scheme of thing, so keep your expectations low.
The County Hall is across the river from the "sights" like Big Ben, etc. If not for a river view, there really wouldn't be all that much to look at out the window, IMO. So, if the rate isn't outrageous, I'd go for the view, assuming such things are important (Mrs. Chop doesn't care for views, so when we stay in hotels, the view is never a consideration for us).
Enjoy London!

chop
Old May 6, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP (4.4M), Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Global Entry, Trusted Traveler
I was there about 13 months ago.

The Mrs. is definitely into the view, so we got the upgraded room, comped. Even as a Platinum I had to fight for the upgraded room. It was not a simple thing and I doubt you will have much hope on that one.

Be careful on WHICH Riverfront room you get. The riverfront part of the hotel has an arch, and if you end up on the wrong end of the arch, you can't see Big Ben without leaning out the window!
Old May 6, 2007, 7:31 am

Thanks

The room cost me 95k points ( Anytime awards) for 2 nights. the view ill cost me $50 plus 25k points- Thats too much in my mind. We will walk out of the hotel to get the view

We are going on the London Eye too.
Old May 6, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Shooshman-that is a lot of points for 2 nights in a hotel.If you have a lot-then no worries.How much is this going for(cash not points)during your stay?
95kpoints=$950 usd in my book-I am sure there are better usses of your MR points.
Old May 6, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
My recommendation: This is one time the view is absolutely worth it, as long as you are not at the extreme end of the hotel, where you see the London Eye, but not Big Ben. From most river view rooms, you see Big Ben, Parliament, the Thames, and the Eye. One of the world's great hotel views in my opinion. You won't get the same view outside the hotel, (except on the Eye), because you won't be viewing from up high.
Old May 10, 2007, 8:09 pm

Marriott County Hall rates

BigGuyInPasadena,

The regular rate is 300 GBP i.e $600 a night so I considered that. I have 300k points that I have not used. I agree with your valuation 95k points=$950. if not for the points I would have gone for a lesser hotel. I hope the experience is worth it. I will update the thread on return
Old May 16, 2007, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

County Hall on Sale

Got this email today:

Tea for Two at London County Hall

Stay the weekend at the London Marriott County Hall, and enjoy complimentary tea for two overlooking central London's best sites.

From May 1 - June 30, 2007, Elite members can book a three-night weekend break and enjoy complimentary tea for two in London's leading location.

Take in the sights and enjoy traditional Afternoon Tea overlooking the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the River Thames.

This offer includes:
- deluxe accommodations for two (minimum of three nights, Friday - Sunday)
- breakfast for two each day
- Afternoon Tea for two (per stay)

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations
Click on Check Availability to make an online reservation or alternatively, call 1-800-MARRIOTT or your local reservations office and quote promotional code shown below.

Valid through: June 30, 2007
Promotional Code: E0P

On the bottom, they list rates from 161 GBP/night. Not sure, but I think that's a pretty good rate.

OTOH, I tried a few bookings and there doesn't seem to be any availability. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.