Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Club Floor - but no access to Club lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Club Floor - but no access to Club lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by karenkay
hi, in short, that's correct--new gold gets no lounge access.
here's a thread from april with some discussion, there are likely others...
Yes, I can understand Golds no longer getting access, but that doesn't preclude being in a club room. ALL the benefits of the room should come with the room regardless how you got there. I had a Hilton try this a few years ago and I registered my complaint with the front desk when heading out to dinner. When I returned there was a message in my room with new keys coded for the lounge. FDCs fortunately are not the last say in what benefits should be granted.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
[QUOTE=RogerD408;30226046]Yes, I can understand Golds no longer getting access, but that doesn't preclude being in a club room. ALL the benefits of the room should come with the room regardless how you got there. QUOTE]

My point exactly.... I was upgraded to a club room, yet did not receive club access.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:42 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Happy to report that I (Gold Elite) was upgraded to a Club Level room at the Renaissance Providence Hotel in Rhode Island and was given access to the lounge as well. This may be a YMMV/case-by-case thing, but it certainly was an unexpected surprise for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.