FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Elite Benefits for 3rd Party Website Bookings ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1338129-elite-benefits-3rd-party-website-bookings.html)

TallestHotelInJapan Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Elite Benefits for 3rd Party Website Bookings ?

Has this already been asked? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Does a Marriott Rewards Elite member get his elite benefits if he makes a booking on a 3rd party website?

I know that I won't get any points and night credits for 3rd party bookings but what about free Internet and room upgrade?

nacho Apr 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 18431811)

Does a Marriott Rewards Elite member get his elite benefits if he makes a booking on a 3rd party website?

I know that I won't get any points and night credits for 3rd party bookings but what about free Internet and room upgrade?

Yes, even if you booked through Priceline or Hotwire.

Schooner68 Jul 9, 2012 2:28 pm

CS said no elite benefits for PLN booking

Newbie here. I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet.

When I called to have my MR number listed on the reservation, I was informed that I was not entitled to any elite benefits on a Priceline booking. The agent supposedly read aloud from the T&Cs. It was suggested that I ask nicely at check-in to see if the hotel would waive the internet fees.

Has the policy changed? I don't use PLN much but I've never had this problem with other brands.

BKKLEE Jul 9, 2012 2:33 pm

regardless of your booking portal and/or status, what makes you think that unlimited Internet access is a Marriott standard perk?

[QUOTE=Schooner68;18898016] I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet. /QUOTE]

socrates Jul 9, 2012 2:33 pm

policy has not changed - present your Plat card at checkin- you will receive the benefits of your status

aaupgrade Jul 9, 2012 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE (Post 18898065)
regardless of your booking portal and/or status, what makes you think that unlimited Internet access is a Marriott standard perk?

Originally Posted by Schooner68 (Post 18898016)
I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet.

Because internet is free for Gold and Plat elites at all participating Marriott and Ritz Carlton Properties.

And as Soc said, you are entitled to your elite bennies on all stays. No point earning for room rates on PLN, Friends and Family, and some other 3rd party pre-paid stays.

Teamstone Jul 9, 2012 4:48 pm

Getting the benefits is my experience as well.

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 18898440)
Because internet is free for Gold and Plat elites at all participating Marriott and Ritz Carlton Properties.

And as Soc said, you are entitled to your elite bennies on all stays. No point earning for room rates on PLN, Friends and Family, and some other 3rd party pre-paid stays.

BKKLEE Jul 9, 2012 8:14 pm

interesting..................... been this way in asia (for all MR members) for over a year, but wasn't aware that it was implemented in CONUS............. is there anywhere where a list of those "participating Marriott's" are listed?

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 18898440)

aaupgrade Jul 9, 2012 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE (Post 18899924)
is there anywhere where a list of those "participating Marriott's" are listed?

See #11 under General Membership in MR T&C.

PHL Apr 3, 2017 5:48 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't see a more current one with the subject specifically about 3rd party bookings. I'm aware that Priceline bookings don't earn points or night/stay credits. Older threads I've read indicate that Priceline bookings do still allow elite benefits like upgrades, wifi, etc. Is this still the case? Can someone point me out to anything in the T&C that states one way or another (searched and couldn't find anything).

t1c Apr 3, 2017 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 18431811)

Have you ever thought about price matching with Marriott?

cfischer Apr 4, 2017 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 28125285)
Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't see a more current one with the subject specifically about 3rd party bookings. I'm aware that Priceline bookings don't earn points or night/stay credits. Older threads I've read indicate that Priceline bookings do still allow elite benefits like upgrades, wifi, etc. Is this still the case? Can someone point me out to anything in the T&C that states one way or another (searched and couldn't find anything).

It is still possible as of late last year. Have not yet seen any push-back, but finding this spelled out is not easy. Priceline regular is o.k.; with opaque bookings it gets a bit trickier, because I have not seen them spelled out specifically

Originally Posted by t1c (Post 28125429)
Have you ever thought about price matching with Marriott?

You can't. Priceline name your own price or Hotire hot rate or Priceline express deal and a few others are not eligible for price match.

PHL Apr 13, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 28125285)

It didn't seem to be a problem at all when I checked into the Renaissance Capital View in Crystal City, VA (Arlington). Premium Wifi, Lounge access, Platinum amenity points were offered, as was the 500/night for opting out of housekeeping. I guess the real test will be if any of those post.

SkiAdcock Apr 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Marriott still provides 'elite recognition bennies' on 3rd party bookings. Whether that stays the case when the two loyalty programs are finally merged is up in the air, as SPG doesn't.

Cheers.

PHL May 3, 2017 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 28173984)
Marriott still provides 'elite recognition bennies' on 3rd party bookings. Whether that stays the case when the two loyalty programs are finally merged is up in the air, as SPG doesn't.

Cheers.

My SPG stays on Priceline rates still earned points on incidentals, platinum amenity and Green choice.