Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-f-amp-b-2881
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG, DL
Had a 3 night award stay last week, SNAs cleared to a JR Suite river view, which had a wonderful balcony overlooking the river.

Everything about this hotel is truly top notch--the facility is excellent, the staff are amazing, the concierge had actually good restaurant recs, etc. We received a handwritten note from the staff (butler, housekeeping, turndown) every single time they entered our room (while we were out, i.e. to clean, return laundry, turndown). The little touches are what really put this one over the top.

Only one tiny issue--website (and app) listed our room as 1.5 baths when in reality it was only 1 bath. Not a problem, just a discrepancy.

Oh, and the bloody mary and mimosa bars at breakfast (included for plats) should be implemented at all St. Regis.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:25 am

Question on whether to pay in advance for upgrade

My wife, a Starwood platinum and I used points to reserve two nights in July and the only room choice available was a non specific choice of a premium deluxe king or two single beds pushed together (you can't specify in advance, but can indicate a desire for the king).

After the room was reserved, SPG offered to upgrade the view to an Arno view room for 10 euros a night.

I have no issue doing that if it matters, but as a platinum member are we likely to get the Arno room anyway without paying? Or would you pay the extra?

If it matters, we don't expect to arrive at the hotel until 6 p.m. the day we arrive.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MrAOK
My wife, a Starwood platinum and I used points to reserve two nights in July and the only room choice available was a non specific choice of a premium deluxe king or two single beds pushed together (you can't specify in advance, but can indicate a desire for the king).

After the room was reserved, SPG offered to upgrade the view to an Arno view room for 10 euros a night.

I have no issue doing that if it matters, but as a platinum member are we likely to get the Arno room anyway without paying? Or would you pay the extra?

If it matters, we don't expect to arrive at the hotel until 6 p.m. the day we arrive.
I'd pay the 20 euros and hope for a further upgrade.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'd actually correspond w the hotel via email, reference the offer, indicate that you'd like to o take it and then inquire about the likelihood of a further upgraded.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Amazing!

I crossed LT SPG Plat last week, and am now in FLR. Had the most unbelievable welcome at the St Regis FLR. I was at the Westin Excelsior previous night and walked over to the St Regis after breakfast to check in. The Westin alerted them I was on my way over (about a 30 second walk) and they were waiting for me. They knew who I was and had prepared my room accordingly.

I was upgraded to a Grandview Deluxe Suite (I used an SNA). But what the Guest Services Mgr and staff did for me was beyond amazing.

I'm feeling the love Starwood! ^^^

And naturally, there was a bottle of sparkling wine chilling.
Attached Images    
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I crossed LT SPG Plat last week, and am now in FLR. Had the most unbelievable welcome at the St Regis FLR. I was at the Westin Excelsior previous night and walked over to the St Regis after breakfast to check in. The Westin alerted them I was on my way over (about a 30 second walk) and they were waiting for me. They knew who I was and had prepared my room accordingly.

I was upgraded to a Grandview Deluxe Suite (I used an SNA). But what the Guest Services Mgr and staff did for me was beyond amazing.

Wow! Definitely beats what I got which was a whole lot of nothing (on top of generally crappy service) at the W Fort Lauderdale.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:32 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Jaw dropping experience...

I got something somewhat practical but not as memory-generatively good as what you got.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:46 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Woot !! Congratulations. I love stories like this.

I hope to reach LTP in the next 9 months and you've inspired me to plan to be somewhere awesome when I do. I think I had my best hotel birthday at the St Regis Florence in November 2014.

It's one of our favorite hotels ever.
Attached Images  
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:21 pm
azj

Unfortunately, I've only got 1 night to stay in Florence, arriving in the evening with no real set time for departure the next day (renting a car and driving to San Gimignano). As SPG Plat, I'm obviously drawn to the STR or Westin. Problem is... they're 740 and 840 euro/night! I'm blowing all my points to stay at the STR Rome and Gritti Palace, also on this trip, so I'm wiped out. I'm wondering... is it worth paying the steep pricing for 1 night? I'm finding it hard to justify $1,000++ for 1 night, as epic as it will be.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by azj
Unfortunately, I've only got 1 night to stay in Florence, arriving in the evening with no real set time for departure the next day (renting a car and driving to San Gimignano). As SPG Plat, I'm obviously drawn to the STR or Westin. Problem is... they're 740 and 840 euro/night! I'm blowing all my points to stay at the STR Rome and Gritti Palace, also on this trip, so I'm wiped out. I'm wondering... is it worth paying the steep pricing for 1 night? I'm finding it hard to justify $1,000++ for 1 night, as epic as it will be.
It's a beautiful property with great service and location (100 meters from Westin) - With a late arrival and nothing set for AM (can leave whenever) the $ wouldn't be worth it to me for one night. YMMV but save some cash and head elsewhere.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by mbowden19
It's a beautiful property with great service and location (100 meters from Westin) - With a late arrival and nothing set for AM (can leave whenever) the $ wouldn't be worth it to me for one night. YMMV but save some cash and head elsewhere.
I need a minimum of two nights to begin to enjoy an hotel. Three or more nights are even better. I wouldn’t be inclined to spend over €700 for a stay ot less than 24 hours at either of these hotels. On points or cash and points, maybe, but for a paid stay I would want more time to enjoy.

I would find a good value four star option for that single night, and use the rest of that money for something else. Shopping, dining, put it towards a different hotel stay elsewhere etc...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:41 pm
azj

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I need a minimum of two nights to begin to enjoy an hotel. Three or more nights are even better. I wouldn’t be inclined to spend over €700 for a stay ot less than 24 hours at either of these hotels. On points or cash and points, maybe, but for a paid stay I would want more time to enjoy.

I would find a good value four star option for that single night, and use the rest of that money for something else. Shopping, dining, put it towards a different hotel stay elsewhere etc...
I think your'e right... as hard as it is to stray from SPG, I think I'm going to do that for Florence.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Originally Posted by azj
It's a gorgeous property, but yes... w a late arrival and early-ish departure, you won't be able to fully enjoy it. (The bar staff is great - especially for the 7pm sabering.) My recommendation:
(It's a big change)... BUT... stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott. It will be SIGNIFICANTLY less, and if you happen to be renting from Hertz, they have a location that is a 3-min walk to the tram (from AC Hotel), and then a short tram ride to Hertz office. It's the Hertz on Sansovino, and the tram stop is immediately in front of Hertz. (I highly recommend to pick up your rental car in a non-ZTL area.)
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:22 pm
azj

Originally Posted by travelista
It's a gorgeous property, but yes... w a late arrival and early-ish departure, you won't be able to fully enjoy it. (The bar staff is great - especially for the 7pm sabering.) My recommendation:
(It's a big change)... BUT... stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott. It will be SIGNIFICANTLY less, and if you happen to be renting from Hertz, they have a location that is a 3-min walk to the tram (from AC Hotel), and then a short tram ride to Hertz office. It's the Hertz on Sansovino, and the tram stop is immediately in front of Hertz. (I highly recommend to pick up your rental car in a non-ZTL area.)
GREAT ADVICE! I had already booked a room at the AC, just in case and was going to cancel if I found something better. But now I"m even more encouraged by the AC, given the car situation, especially being outside the ZTL. This is exactly what I was looking for. Gratzie!
travelista likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by azj
oh I was just here last week! Yah prices can be outrageous but i managed to score a BRG rate of 300 euros/night including breakfast for 2!

Also got upgraded to their Grand Deluxe Suite with complimentary full bottle of wine of my choice as my ambassador amenity.

On top of that, you get your personal butler service and a simple phone call every morning, you can request any coffee you like for free.

Simply love this property so so much! My new favourite over Hotel Imperial Wien

damon88, remymartin and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by supatight80; Mar 28, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.