FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1203504-platinum-arrival-gift-merged-threads.html)

FinnishFlash Aug 13, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks for your answers. I wasn't wrong then.

This is how it went:

I contacted CS after my stay to ask whether the guarantee would have applied (not to invoke the guarantee then, just to ask if I would have gotten the compensation if I had had the energy to fight it at the hotel) when I wasn't offered the choice at all.

Answer: "The compensation applies if you do not receive either the points or snack. You did receive the points so the compensation does not apply."

I then asked "Ok. So, the compensation only applies when you choose the snack and it's not delivered? It does not apply when you are not provided the choice at all?"

And their answer: "Thank you for your reply.

Yes that is correct.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."

nacho Aug 13, 2013 3:48 am

You need to invoke your guarantee during your stay, i.e. before checking out. Anything after that it's too late.

Which hotel was that?

socrates Aug 13, 2013 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Twickenham (Post 21259892)
CS is wrong. In both instances, you get to invoke the guarantee.

correct

AM6449 Aug 13, 2013 6:52 pm

So has anyone actually received compensation for not having received points / amenity?

I've had no problem being credit for the points after the fact, but never received the guarantee compensation

BKKLEE Aug 13, 2013 6:57 pm

an entire thread on the subject............
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post20765162

Originally Posted by AM6449 (Post 21267750)
So has anyone actually received compensation for not having received points / amenity?

I've had no problem being credit for the points after the fact, but never received the guarantee compensation

SkiAdcock Aug 14, 2013 8:12 am

Originally Posted by AM6449 (Post 21267750)

Short answer:

* no guarantee compensation when taking points & they don't post.
* yes, have gotten guarantee when not asked which i wanted or amenity didn't get delivered (have to ask for guarantee before checkout)

Cheers.

GoPhils Aug 26, 2013 6:27 am

I was at the Auburn Marriott at Grand National this weekend for 2 nights and chose the $10 amenity for the first time - and they ended up giving me $40 (in the form of 4 different $10 coupons). It is only supposed to be $10 total, correct? The desk may have been confused because I also got a total of 4 breakfast coupons (2 each for me and my wife) so maybe they thought the $10 was also guest+1 per day. But there were 2 FDC's there and the one that wasn't giving out the coupons didn't seem to think that was wrong...I did only end up using 2 of them, which still didn't seem like a bad deal to me!

SkiAdcock Aug 26, 2013 8:23 am

Originally Posted by GoPhils (Post 21336527)
I was at the Auburn Marriott at Grand National this weekend for 2 nights and chose the $10 amenity for the first time - and they ended up giving me $40 (in the form of 4 different $10 coupons). It is only supposed to be $10 total, correct? The desk may have been confused because I also got a total of 4 breakfast coupons (2 each for me and my wife) so maybe they thought the $10 was also guest+1 per day. But there were 2 FDC's there and the one that wasn't giving out the coupons didn't seem to think that was wrong...I did only end up using 2 of them, which still didn't seem like a bad deal to me!

Note to self - put Auburn Marriott on the list of places to stay :D Sounds like they were confused, but this time it worked to your favor.

Cheers.

xtremeski2001 Sep 18, 2013 8:55 am

Invoked the plat arrival gift guarantee today. First time I've ever done it ... my rule was always that mistakes happen so I generally let it slide. However, this hotel did not fulfill the guarantee twice over two separate stays and when I pointed it out to the desk person they had no idea about the program.

Hopefully it will be a learning opportunity and the desk person won't be penalized.

FWIW, the hotel quickly honored the policy within an hour of my notice to them. I was impressed.

ohmark Sep 19, 2013 4:40 am

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Alas, there is no hint of what property you speak of. So, we can't criticize the particular property for its service failure or praise it for its service recovery.

xtremeski2001 Sep 19, 2013 11:01 am

Originally Posted by ohmark (Post 21469755)
Alas, there is no hint of what property you speak of. So, we can't criticize the particular property for its service failure or praise it for its service recovery.

It was the Courtyard Wichita at Old Town

Safti Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Question about gold and plat. DH is a gold and I am a Plat. Staying in Europe on TP on DH's gold account. Does he get an arrival gift if staying on a TP?

RogerD408 Sep 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Safti (Post 21472893)
Question about gold and plat. DH is a gold and I am a Plat. Staying in Europe on TP on DH's gold account. Does he get an arrival gift if staying on a TP?

The proper answer is no, the benefit is for the guest making the reservation. Now, the truth is, if you list your information on the rez as an additional guest, there is a chance the property will mess up and grant Plat benefits upon your arrival. I've asked nicely when checking in with a friend that was not Plat and I got the arrival gift and we got lounge access.

Safti Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 21473459)
The proper answer is no, the benefit is for the guest making the reservation. Now, the truth is, if you list your information on the rez as an additional guest, there is a chance the property will mess up and grant Plat benefits upon your arrival. I've asked nicely when checking in with a friend that was not Plat and I got the arrival gift and we got lounge access.

Lounge access is for gold elite as well so that part doesn't matter.

ohmark Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by xtremeski2001 (Post 21471325)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmark

It was the Courtyard Wichita at Old Town

Thanks.