Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
They run the Airport shuttle bus from the hotel every 30 minutes starting at 5 AM and make pickups at the airport on the :15 and :45 of each hour.
Print Wikipost

Irvine Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:04 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Irvine Marriott, CA [Master Thread]

Anyone with experience on its shuttle service to SNA? Google Maps shows that it's very close to the airport, so how long is the ride? How frequent are the shuttles? Lastly, does the shuttle really stop running at 11PM? What if my flight gets delayed? TIA.

LAX
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
The hotel is less than 2 miles from the airport, 5 minutes ride or less (every 30 min) and they do stop around 11:00 PM. SNA has curfew after 11:00 PM due to noise reg.

Last edited by ipadtoday; Jan 27, 2011 at 9:17 pm
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; National Ex Elite
If your flight is delayed into SNA beyond 11 PM, you will be taking a shuttle from LAX or renting a car. All flights are diverted after that, so there is no need for hotels to keep their shuttle running.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by potterew
If your flight is delayed into SNA beyond 11 PM, you will be taking a shuttle from LAX or renting a car. All flights are diverted after that, so there is no need for hotels to keep their shuttle running.

I stayed there twice and I think it comes every 30min....However, if you can afford to stay there why wait for the shuttle? Just take a taxi for $10!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:37 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by potterew
Really! How often does that happen? I supposed they would just end up canceling the flight rather than diverting, right? Unless something happens mid flight that causes the delay?

LAX
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
While I am sure it has happened, I haven't ever seen the flights cancelled. They divert to Los Angeles (twice for me). They don't cancel because the people still want to get *near* OC. And the airplane needs to be in OC in the morning.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL, AA, UA, CO, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by LAX
Really! How often does that happen? I supposed they would just end up canceling the flight rather than diverting, right? Unless something happens mid flight that causes the delay?

LAX
Not very often. I lived in Irvine for 5 years, and flew at least 15 trips out of SNA every year, and it happened to me only once. Even then, the airline was very accommodating and got me on a Super Shuttle from LAX to my home without problems.

SNA is one of the best airports in the Country! Enjoy it!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jkhasson
SNA is one of the best airports in the Country! Enjoy it!
^+1
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; National Ex Elite
I probably have flown the late flight into SNA 15 times and have had it happen 3 times, which is 20%. The other posters said it was rare, but it happened to them 5% of the time, which to me is more than rare. Obviously, the only flight this is really an issue on is the ones that get in late at night. I actually started flying out of LAX when it was going to be a late flight because of this.

It makes for a long night, but the airline will get you back to SNA if you want them to, or you can get your own transportation. They have a bus sitting outside baggage claim waiting. You will notice they are running close to curfew when the flight attendants start rushing everyone to their seat as you are boarding. I did get lucky one time when the weather was bad in Atlanta and the got a waiver to be 15 minutes late.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Different set of circumstances, but I was on a flight last January that was diverted to LAX due to weather at SNA. The storms cleared and the flight went on to SNA....arriving a little over an hour late.

All told, not that big of a deal. Pax were given the option of deplaning at LAX if they wanted, but were told all check bags would be going on to SNA. Also, there was an announcement that if the plane wasn't able to continue on to SNA in a timely fashion, bus transportation (presumably including the checked bags) would be provided.

The flight was full (MD-80, IIRC), and I'd say about 15-20 pax opted to deplane at LAX.

What was made more clear than anything else....via repeated announcements....was that absolutely no refunds or reimbursements of any type would be provided to anyone opting to get off at LAX.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed here a few months ago. This hotel now has a very nice sleek lobby with on-site Starbucks. The outdoor ping pong tables by the pool area were a great touch! I wish more hotels had these.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Was your stay on a weekend? What's the latest re: exec lounge open/closed & what they do if it's closed?

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Not a weekend stay, sadly. I stayed on a Wednesday night and we were given access to the lounge. Lounge yielded access at all hours even if no one was staffed, and water and soft drinks were available.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
S

Sharon-

For your sticky update- I stayed there a couple times last year over the weekend and both times the lounge was open. In fact, they had two or three hot items- actually one of the better weekend offerings I have seen in a while (in a US lounge).

Greg
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by glnsf
Sharon-

For your sticky update- I stayed there a couple times last year over the weekend and both times the lounge was open. In fact, they had two or three hot items- actually one of the better weekend offerings I have seen in a while (in a US lounge).

Greg
Thanks. I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.