FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1118397-jw-marco-island-marriott-fl-master-thread.html)

LondonElite Jul 9, 2020 1:14 am

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 32517460)
Which restaurants/amenities are currently open/available?

Given the evolving environment, it would be easiest to call and ask.

dcchi Jan 26, 2021 10:02 am

Anybody have any recent experiences at JW Marco? Planning a late March (family spring break) trip. Recent experiences on elite benefits (if any), restaurants/services opened/closed due to COVID, and any other interest data points. Also, any thoughts on cabana and chickee hut rentals (worth it or not?) would be appreciated. Thanks.

dblue Feb 7, 2021 2:39 pm

Anyone ever been upgraded to Sirene side here? Doesn't look like it is an option with SNAs but the upgrade is almost +400/night on a points reservation.

dingo Feb 23, 2021 4:42 pm

We have a stay booked for mid-March. Thus far, I have to say, I am unimpressed with this hotel but we'll go just the same. There are no menus online; you have to call to get a link to get them yourself. There is no reference to the cost or how to book cabanas or pool chairs; you have to call and get another link to book them. If you call and ask for a concierge to find a tour, you are told there is no concierge and that maybe you should email the beach hut for ideas. I'm hoping that once we get to this uber-expensive hotel things will be better than the pre-arrival experience.

ORDNorth Feb 24, 2021 7:56 am

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 33057413)
We have a stay booked for mid-March. Thus far, I have to say, I am unimpressed with this hotel but we'll go just the same. There are no menus online; you have to call to get a link to get them yourself. There is no reference to the cost or how to book cabanas or pool chairs; you have to call and get another link to book them. If you call and ask for a concierge to find a tour, you are told there is no concierge and that maybe you should email the beach hut for ideas. I'm hoping that once we get to this uber-expensive hotel things will be better than the pre-arrival experience.

Staying in a few weeks. Confirmation email contained a link to "Important Information About Your Stay", with a learn more link. Following that link took me to a vacation planner, that had online links to reserving most all of the amenities?

dingo Feb 24, 2021 9:08 am

Ahhh. That’s helps. I booked through amex fine hotels and resorts and that information was not in the confirm they sent.

csujjhoov Feb 24, 2021 10:04 am

Wife and I just got back from a 3 night stay there. Was not upgraded at all as Titanium or even with Suite Nights certificates. Hotel was insanely packed 2/17-20. Resort is nice but felt like it was too busy for our comfort. Resort is enforcing lightly their Covid policies, lots of people following their policies, and a number not.

Resort has a vacation Planner website jwmarcoparadiseplanner.com That had all of the restaurant menus and details of the resort on it. Was also how you booked chairs at hotel pools and cabanas.

Room was nice, well maintained. Resort we would definitely come back to. Beach is awesome. Even better is the beach food/drink service.

dingo Mar 14, 2021 5:58 am

We are here now. I booked using amex fhr rate that included the typical. We got to the hotel around 11:00 and we’re given wrist bands for the pool. We were able to self park before we checked in by telling the attendant that we were checking in. After we parked we went to the front desk where they did all the pre check I’m stuff and got the wrist bands. We were given the 4 pm checkout and we’re told they’d just take the food charge off for breakfast each day. I later learned the breakfast benefit is 64 which is the price of two full Buffett’s. Kids cost 12 fwiw. Regardless, you are still responsible for the taxes which is odd.

so far everything had been very nice. There are some nasty reviews on the hotel website but so far we haven’t experienced the same property that those folks did.

today we do a private shell and dolphin tour that we booked ourselves when the one booked by the hotel was sold out.

happy to try to answer questions.

worldspan Mar 15, 2021 3:39 am

So there still is a buffet for breakfast ? If so, do you serve yourself or do they have people serving you ? Thanks

dingo Mar 15, 2021 4:52 am

There is a buffet. They serve the eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a few other hot items. You grab cereal, fruit and breads on your own. Yesterday they had a pancake and waffle person as well as omelettes.

drod Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 33099213)
We are here now. I booked using amex fhr rate that included the typical. We got to the hotel around 11:00 and we’re given wrist bands for the pool. We were able to self park before we checked in by telling the attendant that we were checking in. After we parked we went to the front desk where they did all the pre check I’m stuff and got the wrist bands. We were given the 4 pm checkout and we’re told they’d just take the food charge off for breakfast each day. I later learned the breakfast benefit is 64 which is the price of two full Buffett’s. Kids cost 12 fwiw. Regardless, you are still responsible for the taxes which is odd.

so far everything had been very nice. There are some nasty reviews on the hotel website but so far we haven’t experienced the same property that those folks did.

today we do a private shell and dolphin tour that we booked ourselves when the one booked by the hotel was sold out.

happy to try to answer questions.

I'll be in Marco Island soon for my birthday and I'm thinking of eating dinner at Tesoro but I've read some reviews stating that the quality doesn't match the price. What are your thoughts and should I request any particular seat to maximize the views? What other restaurants do you like nearby (I have reservations at Sale e Pepe, Marco Prime Steak and Oyster Society) and how are the sunset views from the restaurants? I'm debating whether to catch sunset at the restaurant or on the beach.

The hotel also appears to be sold out, so I'm not too optimistic that my SNA will clear. Did you try using any for your stay?

Thanks

dingo Mar 15, 2021 10:43 am

Hi. We’re eating pretty low key. It’s my wife, 10 year old and I. We ate at the pizza place and Quinn’s on our two nights. We don’t have plans to go off property to dine on this trip.

last night we ordered pizza and grabbed a table along the sidewalk overlooking the beach. We ended up sitting there for about three hours having drinks and watching the awesome sunset. From what I can tell you’d be better off at one of the pool bars for a sunset or maybe the pizza place. The fancier restaurants are set in the main building from what I recall. I’ll try to link to the resort map below.

https://www.qpendium.com/presentatio...line/246/?1#22

We have spent very little time on the beach so far. We’ve been doing activities in the mornings and just haven’t gotten down to get our chairs and umbrella. I asked and was told that you will not be given a second umbrella or third chair, even if you are willing so pay for them.

The place is noticeably more crowded today than it was when we got here on Saturday. That said, the staff seem to be keeping up. Breakfast was at 8:00 for us today, about an hour later than yesterday. Much more crowded but that had no impact on us.

they have mask dispensers around the property by the doors and sanitizer in more locations.

Plan wisely. There will be no quick trips to your room if it involves an elevator.

keggers1 Mar 17, 2021 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 33102110)
Hi. We’re eating pretty low key. It’s my wife, 10 year old and I. We ate at the pizza place and Quinn’s on our two nights. We don’t have plans to go off property to dine on this trip.

last night we ordered pizza and grabbed a table along the sidewalk overlooking the beach. We ended up sitting there for about three hours having drinks and watching the awesome sunset. From what I can tell you’d be better off at one of the pool bars for a sunset or maybe the pizza place. The fancier restaurants are set in the main building from what I recall. I’ll try to link to the resort map below.

We have spent very little time on the beach so far. We’ve been doing activities in the mornings and just haven’t gotten down to get our chairs and umbrella. I asked and was told that you will not be given a second umbrella or third chair, even if you are willing so pay for them.

The place is noticeably more crowded today than it was when we got here on Saturday. That said, the staff seem to be keeping up. Breakfast was at 8:00 for us today, about an hour later than yesterday. Much more crowded but that had no impact on us.

they have mask dispensers around the property by the doors and sanitizer in more locations.

Plan wisely. There will be no quick trips to your room if it involves an elevator.

We will be there with two kids 7 and 5 in a couple of weeks. Wondering how busy it feels there? Is it difficult to get a couple chairs by the pool? I also have the Hilton reserved on points and would like to cancel that one tomorrow, but still trying to figure out how the compare...

dingo Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Right now it is impossible to get chairs by the pool without reserving them. We reserved three each day at Quinn’s. Yes it costs money but well worth it. You reserve via aomething like jwmarco.ipoolside.com.

ALARISstl Mar 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 33102110)

So wait, if you are a family of four staying there, you can only get two chairs and one umbrella?