FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1118397-jw-marco-island-marriott-fl-master-thread.html)

KRSW Mar 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Echoing Intl359Widget , November to Easter is peak season in SW FL.

DELee Mar 30, 2020 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW (Post 32249546)
Echoing Intl359Widget , November to Easter is peak season in SW FL.

Yeah, but it may become peak COVID-19 season at least for the upcoming 2020-2021 period unless there's a vaccine...

David

BobNoxious Apr 1, 2020 7:16 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 32249579)
Yeah, but it may become peak COVID-19 season at least for the upcoming 2020-2021 period unless there's a vaccine...

David

and they will keep the rates high to keep out the Riff Raff. I mentioned that the points now for a November stay are putting them into competition with the Naples Beach Ritz and her response was: "We have more restaurants and our beach is much larger.. there is no competition"

Milhous Gloriosus Apr 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Any reports on how the hotel is handling the lockdown/non-lockdown?

ALARISstl Apr 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus (Post 32324174)
Any reports on how the hotel is handling the lockdown/non-lockdown?

When we checked out on 3/20, they were in the process of closing down two of the three towers, I believe the South tower which is nearest to the FD was the one they were keeping open. All the restaurants were closing as well. The beach and pools were still open but that may have changed after 3/20. They went from 100% occupancy on 3/17 to 15% on 3/20. We cut our trip short two days but were fortunate to get to spend five days there anyway. Hopefully, we’ll be back next SB.

Milhous Gloriosus Apr 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks. We checked out on 3/18. You must have been there when we were. Anyone with an April stay?

ALARISstl Apr 27, 2020 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus (Post 32326445)
Thanks. We checked out on 3/18. You must have been there when we were. Anyone with an April stay?

Part of me wishes we would have stayed, it was so nice to not have to hustle down every morning and stand in line to secure beach/pool chairs.

VCURamFan Apr 29, 2020 11:14 am

Was the Sirene tower open when the resort was partially closing?

ALARISstl Apr 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 32334782)
Was the Sirene tower open when the resort was partially closing?

The Sirene tower was the first one to close, about four days before the Palms(north) tower I believe.

RocketGoBoom Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus (Post 32326445)

My family just spent two days at the Marco Island Marriott Resort. The middle tower is where we were for the first night in a 2 queen room. It was crazy cheap at $308 per night, which I understand is about 50% off of what they normally charge this time of year.

My daughter complained about my snoring (I told her she snores also) after the first night, so I went to inquire about another room.
They had none in inventory because so many floors are closed and reduced number of staff for house cleaning.

The front desk staff told me there was a Lanai Suite available. These are under the convention center building on the left side, although everything is dark in the convention center side.
So I grabbed that for the second night I was there.

That other tower on the far right (north) side is closed I think. The pool with the slides is closed. The main pool in the middle is open.

Milhous Gloriosus Apr 30, 2020 7:28 am

Thanks. How about restaurants? Are any open? Are they doing anything for Plats? As much info as you can give is appreciated.

RocketGoBoom Apr 30, 2020 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus (Post 32337287)
Thanks. How about restaurants? Are any open? Are they doing anything for Plats? As much info as you can give is appreciated.

There were no sit down restaurants available. Quinns next to the pool is open, they will bring you food and drinks to eat by the pool.
Also the cafe inside on the lobby floor is open. It is setup like your typical Starbucks, but is not a Starbucks. They have food and drinks typical of any Starbucks style cafe.
There are also plenty of restaurants nearby that are offering carryout or delivery.

Milhous Gloriosus May 1, 2020 7:31 am

thanks!

Marko123 May 1, 2020 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by RocketGoBoom (Post 32337048)
My family just spent two days at the Marco Island Marriott Resort. The middle tower is where we were for the first night in a 2 queen room. It was crazy cheap at $308 per night, which I understand is about 50% off of what they normally charge this time of year.

Thanks. Did you get a general sense or hear any chatter of how things might look Memorial Day weekend there? Currently holding a reservation for then but if there isn't much open I'll probably want to postpone.

Milhous Gloriosus May 3, 2020 12:32 pm

Me too, I’d love to go back in next couple of months.