FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Maldives [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1096858-jw-maldives-master-thread.html)

SIN1K Jul 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I love the Maldives. I've stayed there a number of times at the old Tari Village.
The problem these days is with the political situation. Believe it or not, the government is one of the most radical Islamic in the region. But once you are off of Male, all is great.

Hosserunda Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Would be great if the Marriott Concierge... oh wait, I forgot. Marriott doesn't give a .... about FT anymore! :rolleyes:

BKKLEE Jul 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Marie provided a very prompt response to the question of delayed opening............ by the way, as a hotel manager Marriott itself really doesn't control the construction process (although it approves the mockup room) and if the owner/contractor fails to acheive progress (like at the Rayong and Sukhumvit 57 Marriotts, theres little if anything Marriott can do......

Originally Posted by Hosserunda (Post 18950562)
Would be great if the Marriott Concierge... oh wait, I forgot. Marriott doesn't give a .... about FT anymore! :rolleyes:

Hosserunda Jul 17, 2012 9:21 pm

-1 on you.

That was almost one year ago. Since then she has disappeared and was never seen here!

myperks Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hosserunda (Post 18951771)
-1 on you.

That was almost one year ago. Since then she has disappeared and was never seen here!

better check your facts before you post. Your original posts say Marriott Concierge is no longer here.... yet the last post by "Marriott Concierge" was June 29th, 2012... :confused::rolleyes:

whether or not Marriott Concierge answers the question of JW opening...that's another story

Hosserunda Jul 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Really? That's awesome! I'm sure we'll get an update on BOGO out of her. Oh no wait... She only posts on this topic in their own community. I should check my facts better before I ask for something silly like that!

ma91pmh Jul 18, 2012 5:37 am

wow folks say what you think! i didn't realize this was such a happy place. i am personally only interested in the maldives, not marriott so much, and was looking into us point-earning chains offerings. did not mean to stir an apparent hornets nest about whether or not marriott posts here

Hosserunda Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am

Any news on this? I read on the tripadvisor community that the property will not open as a Marriott hotel. Any info if this is true?

SkiAdcock Aug 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Hosserunda (Post 19105731)
Any news on this? I read on the tripadvisor community that the property will not open as a Marriott hotel. Any info if this is true?

Marriott usually lists properties that are opening within the next several months to a year on its website. It has no listing in the Maldives, so I doubt one is going to open within the next 12 months.

Cheers.

kinglobjaw Dec 17, 2012 11:05 am

Any update on this property? Will it still be a Marriott?

Would love to stay here in March 2013 using points, but doesn't look like it will happen!

BarryL Jan 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Any update on this?

aaupgrade Jan 25, 2013 6:14 am

Nothing official.

This link says "resort was supposed to open in 2012 (although some reports have put the opening as late as 2015!)".

ma91pmh Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am

Originally Posted by radioinstl (Post 18360943)
See below response from Marriott Concierge on Oct 21 2011:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-maldives.html

I don't have exact dates, but this property is currently scheduled to open in late 2012, early 2013.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Marie

Any update Marie?

It is now "early 2013" :D

escapefromphl Mar 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Dated March 22 2013 this link again mentions the JW Marriott Maldives.

http://news.marriott.com/jw-marriott-hotel-and-resorts.html

On further reading - I assume its somewhat stale though, the JW Cusco is listed as a future opening and I stayed there in November '12.

aaupgrade Mar 27, 2013 12:52 pm

There are a lot of properties listed there that have opening dates of 2011 and 2012, and as such would already be open.

I would be more concerned that the JW Maldives has a date of 2012, and is not open TTBOMK. For anyone who needs more current info, I would suggest contacting Jessica Kumins at her contact info provided at the bottom of the referenced news release. Obviously the content was just copied and pasted from the previous news release.