Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Henry, Autograph Collection, Dearborn, MI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Henry, Autograph Collection, Dearborn, MI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
This property used to have a wonderful executive lounge with solid food options and complimentary beer and wine.

Does anyone have any recent executive lounge experience here? Wondering if the lounge is still open….
Old May 17, 2022, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeye91
This property used to have a wonderful executive lounge with solid food options and complimentary beer and wine.

Does anyone have any recent executive lounge experience here? Wondering if the lounge is still open….
I stayed there two months ago (the review is right above your post) and the lounge was not open at the time.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
LTT staying here one night tonight. Will report back and take some pics.

Booked on Cash + Points $100 + 16,500 ($114 incl taxes)
Paid rate was $401 ($457 incl taxes) so this seemed like a great use of C+P
Points only rate was 33,000
Grateful to see a decent property that does not charge a destination fee !

Some shenanigans ! Arrived at hotel 10:30 AM
Hotel was not sold out last night because I was initially going to stay 2 nights
Last night they had rooms and suites available

Was told no rooms available till after 2:00 PM
Was told no complimentary upgrades are offered.

I can still book 2 suites online for tonight so I call BS.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Stayed July 20 for one night. Some photos attached.
Hotel is kind of cool and I am glad I stayed - was a good C&P rate (16,500 + $100)
Had a queen room
Lounge was decent for the price
Hotel has a cool decor
Wifi speeds decent
Great water pressure
Ate dinner in the restaurant which was nice

One issue was that there was 11:00 PM construction in the room next to ours. Apparently "emergency construction" was needed but it was a giant suite (bedroom, living, dining, kitchen) and was under renovation so I doubted the explanation. I emailed the GM afterwards and he was very apologetic and refunded both the points and cash as an apology for the sleep disruption.

I'd definitely stay here again. Perfect if visiting The Henry Ford.
Photos below

View from 11th floor room

Club Lounge at breakfast time

Club Lounge buffet (scrambled eggs, chicken and waffles)

Club Lounge buffet

Club Lounge buffet

Club Lounge buffet

Club Lounge coffee machine (blah)

Club Lounge coffee machine (blah)

Club Lounge tea selection

House car (I did not use)

House car (I did not use)
txpenny likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
They have a very good breakfast. If you stay on the weekend, they allow the breakfast benefit to cover the buffet in the main dining room. Love this place.
Horace likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
Stayed 1 night at this property recently - great use of points, as it ranged from 27k-30k points/night when I was looking, and the cash price hovered around $350-400. I used 1 SNA and got it approved to their 1 bedroom suite.

The exterior of the property is pretty nondescript, and it could use a bit of a renovation to make it look more modern, but honestly it feels like the appeal of the property is in its age and "historic" aesthetic. Tons of cool art and classy chandeliers throughout the lobby, and the elevators are tall and beautifully decorated. Ample parking all around the property, and it's in a safe and quiet business area. Large shopping mall close by, and it's a 5 minute drive to the Henry Ford Museum/Greenwich Village. Great location if you want complimentary parking relatively close to downtown too - about 15 minutes by car with no traffic.

The rooms are definitely a bit dated and worn, but they were clean, roomy, and the marble bathrooms were a nice touch. Furnishings definitely had some wear and tear that could benefit from some touch-ups, but overall it was a nice room. The 1 bedroom king suite has 1.5 bathrooms, and two showers - one tub, and one standing. Huge master bathroom with a pretty strange layout, but no dual vanity unfortunately.

Elite breakfast is in the attached restaurant Tria, which is a buffet on weekends. Quite good and it actually lasts from 7 AM - 12 PM which is much longer than normal breakfast buffets!

Also a convenient location for a one night stay before an early flight, as this is about 15-20 minutes from DTW.

Overall, very pleasant stay and a good use of points or a 35k free night award!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.