Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Alternate: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2003, 1:44 am

Did you stay in the hotel yet ?
Old Jan 29, 2003, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
When refurbishment is finished it will become a Marriott.

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Jan 30, 2003, 6:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Renaissance - Sydney

Have a suite reserved here for three nights in late June? Opinions on suites, etc.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
me too have a suite booked only though in march, i would also like to hear any reports on these rooms.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by royster747:
Have a suite reserved here for three nights in late June? Opinions on suites, etc.</font>
Old Apr 2, 2003, 1:54 pm

Sydney Harbor Marriott (formerly Renaissance)

Just a quick post, recently got back from a stay at this property (on vacation). It has recently been rebranded and is still in the midst of some reconstruction and such...

Thought the hotel was terrific! I lucked into a refurbished room and was very impressed. Great bed, bathroom, etc. Probably one of the nicest rooms (furniture/bed/bathroom fixtures wise) I've stayed in within Marriott properties. The room wasn't too large, but still.

Lobby has a very modern feel to it, something akin to some Renaissance's or W's, and I liked what they did - very cool/hip and very airy/open. They were still doing a good deal of work in some areas.

Conceirge Room (think it was on the 30th floor..) *just* opened the day I got there. Nice, nothing hugely special, but there is a terrific view from there. Had a great setup of drinks/snacks up there as well. Some of it seemed potentially to celebrate the opening and all, but not sure.

Lastly, service I thought was excellent. Staying on an award as a Platinum guest, was treated very nicely (nice note explaining what was/wasn't open, invite to a free drink(s) up in the lounge, etc.). Very friendly all the time.

Just wanted to post this for others looking at hotels in the area, definitely recommend it as it's a quick walk to a lot of the cool things to see in the city.

last note: a lot of cabbies still thought it was the Renaissance so be sure to explain the street it's on and everything.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 6:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Just wondering if anyone has stayed in a suite at the Renaissance - Sydney...I guess it is now the Sydney Harbor Marriott...thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
i finished my stay at the new Marriott formally the Renaissance on march 23rd, let me say what a experience.
first the renovation was still going on, chech in at 10am only to be told that my room will not be ready until 2 hrs later,eventually it was ready, please note that i paid for an executive suite and was given a regular room on the 17th floor out of 32, i was horrified i refused to accept the room and was told it was that the suites were not available. guess relation finally ame to my room and asked me to wait for another hr and they will move me to another room, let me tell you i was given the MELBOURE SUITE on the 32 floor and woo what a suite it was.
seperate living room
1 and half bath room
a jacausie tub
spanking refurbished so be warned at check in, make sure you get what you paid for also the breakfast in the restaurant was exercellent all the treat in a buffet.
note: the guess relation person did contact me apologising on behalf of her ex employer because shes no longer there.

when all is said and done with the renovations this hotel will be a GEM at circular quay.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Top Notch. Stayed there using MR for 3 nites (Point Savers) 2 weeks ago. Got a renovated harbor view room (40AUD/nite extra).
Great job on the renovations. didn't use their restaurant. But fantastic location. 2 minutes from the Circular Quay. I am sure, this hotel will pose stiff competition to other nearby swanky hotels (4 Seasons, ANA, etc.)
The swimming pool was closed, but frankly, there's so much else to do in Sydney, that I didn't really care.
Enjoy your stay,
-
RG
Old Apr 23, 2003, 4:22 pm

Wrote a mini-review on this property re: my stay. Loved it! check it out!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/002641.html
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
Just stayed at the Marriott Sydney Harbor twice in the last month.

Outstanding both times. Hotel has a brand new feel, the rooms are terrific, and the service and food in the lounge were excellent. The lounge (and both my rooms) overlooked both the opera house and the Harbour Bridge. The view does not get better than that!

In both cases, I was upgraded without comment and a letter was waiting for me.

There is still some cabby confusion. If they don't know it as the Marriott, ask for the Ren-A-sance. A as in Able, not apple. Aussie pronounciation.

Location at Circular Quay makes it handy to every place by foot, ferry, train, bus, or taxi. Treat yourself to a show at the opera house. Check their website for what is playing. A unique experience.
Old Jul 25, 2003, 2:15 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Glad to see the above two posts with good comments on the newly renovated Sydney Harbour Marriott. I've enjoyed my two previous stays there when it was still the Renaissance. I'm now looking forward to my next stay during an upcoming trip to Sydney. I've also got a great rate with the Visa Summer Escape! Package (online promo code V12).

I had reservations to stay there during February and April, but changed to another location on the February trip due to the on-going renovation, and the trip in April was cancelled due to SARS.

I'll remember to mention the Renaissance to the taxi driver. Thanks for the posts.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 3:52 pm

How to get to Sydney Harbor Marriott from airport?

I am traveling to the Sydney Harbor Marriott next week and I was wondering if anyone can recommend how to best get to the hotel from the airport? I have heard there is some sort of shuttle bus I can pay to take - can anyone tell me more about it (i.e. where to pick it, name of the company, if I need a reservation). Please let me know if there is an alternate form of transportation you recommend (taxi or public transportation?). Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 2:05 pm

Take a taxi. I did it after a lengthy transatlantic flight and paid around 30 AUD.

Interesting note: I arrived at 8:00 am at the hotel. They didn't have a room ready for me, though I had asked up front and am MR Gold. We felt like crap due to the jet lag and had to wonder around for another 3 hours before getting a room.

They were renovating the place at that time and I must say the construction works were terrible: Incredibly noisy and a lot of the facilities not open for people. I did get free breakfast buffet for 2, which they did not have to do...

In the end, the location is what makes this hotel nice: 1 minute walk to the waterfront.

Enjoy your stay

John
Old Oct 7, 2003, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I bet that was a transPACIFIC flight!

Bruce
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:11 pm

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
The train is the way to go! Take it to the Circular Quay train station, the hotel is one short block from there. I think its about 8 dollars and the ticket person will tell you what train to catch. It is also very fast over a Taxi. The Harbor Marriott is one of the finest Marriott properties that I have ever seen. You will enjoy your stay there.

[This message has been edited by CraigS (edited 10-08-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.