Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
Two things:

1) Fraud dispute completed with USB for my drained $100 VGC; funds were returned to the ORIGINAL card, so everyone be sure to keep any card in question.

2) My local Ralph’s now has a separate box of VGC/MCGCs up front at the managers desk that are used for gift card purchases. My cashier said fraud has been such a problem that customers pull a card from the rack, bring it to the cashier, and your card is changed out with one straight from USB that has never been on the floor yet. I guess that’s one way to be proactive about gift card fraud right?
Similar experience at Smiths. The Visa and MasterCards $100 and all variable amounts were pulled from all displays and there is a sign that says you have to purchase at customer service. The $25 and $50 cards are still available for customers to freely take. The cards are being kept in a locked cabinet at customer service and you must pay there.

This is one way to resolve the issue of tampered cards.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:35 pm

Does Kroger impose any limits for MO purchases with VGCs?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: none
Of course, there is a limit, I normally do less 1 or 2k per trip when use vgc. Never been asked ID. I don't know nor want try to push the limit since am using VGC. Maybe 3k Max. YMMV.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:19 pm

Exactly. I do 2k mostly, but only 1k if I'm dealing with a new CSR. I've never done more than 2k in a transaction, and only once or twice (at a Smith's in Las Vegas where I'm very comfortable with the CSR) have I done 2 transactions as a single visit.
kadoku likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:21 am

It's been going on for a while, but Dosh has been back on Kroger with $10 daily max. I've had every transaction around $200 track. I went up, $500 tracked for a few days, and my first transaction did not track on my third day in a row with $500. I read a DP on Reddit that says tracking can vary if over $500, so proceed with that in mind.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:40 am

Dosh isn't showing anything for Kroger (or Sam's Club) for me. Neither "in-store" nor "on-line". Am I just plumb out of luck, or is there a way to get Dosh to start offering these deals to me?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Dosh isn't showing anything for Kroger (or Sam's Club) for me. Neither "in-store" nor "on-line". Am I just plumb out of luck, or is there a way to get Dosh to start offering these deals to me?
Same same. Although I did get lucky enough to get Staples to show up right at the end of the recent no-fee gift card promo, and Sams Club also now showing. But no Kroger.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:53 pm

Is there a max to the amount of USB $500 VGC one can buy at one time at Kroger? Can you self checkout?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by njsalazar
Is there a max to the amount of USB $500 VGC one can buy at one time at Kroger? Can you self checkout?
You can self-checkout with one or two, but at some point it needs a manager swipe. Haven't bought more than 1 at a time in self-checkout in a long time.

I've bought $2k in one trip before, but haven't pushed it because I like to keep my MS under the radar.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
I keep it under 2k including fees. Sometimes computer voice draws attention to station and helper dude comes over and asks for ID.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
I keep it under 2k including fees. Sometimes computer voice draws attention to station and helper dude comes over and asks for ID.
I find that happens when using a non-chip card, like trying to drain small, left over, gift cards, to verify id.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: WN DL SPG HGP HH
I always turn the volume down right after scanning the Kroger card
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
I always mute the voice first. Haha
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian
I always mute the voice first. Haha
Sorry if I'm late to the party here - but does your local Kroger have some sort of self-serve machine where you can buy a MO with a VGC? All mine I have to go up to a counter and physically complete the process.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:50 am

I am talking about buying the VGCs. Not Money Order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.