Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:00 pm

Digital coupon for $3 off visa/mc gift card. Includes variables. Valid this week only, 7/21-7/27. Fuel points not included.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:20 pm

I want to share a DP here: 2 days ago I went to Kroger to buy 2*$500 VGCs. The transaction shut their cashier's machine down twice. I did not want to waste the other customers' time so just left without buying the cards. The cashier also promised to destroy the cards. Then today I saw my Chase credit card is charged $1011.90. Tried to call both the store and their customer service but neither provided a solution. Maybe I should just dispute to Chase then?
jonathoneskel likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:15 am

Help an old guy (me) who's lost track of the bidding --

Can I use a USB-issued Visa gc (purchased at Kroger) to buy a MO at Kroger? Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
Help an old guy (me) who's lost track of the bidding --

Can I use a USB-issued Visa gc (purchased at Kroger) to buy a MO at Kroger? Thanks.
Worked last time I tried, although that's been a while now.
tuphat likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by joker_black
I want to share a DP here: 2 days ago I went to Kroger to buy 2*$500 VGCs. The transaction shut their cashier's machine down twice. I did not want to waste the other customers' time so just left without buying the cards. The cashier also promised to destroy the cards. Then today I saw my Chase credit card is charged $1011.90. Tried to call both the store and their customer service but neither provided a solution. Maybe I should just dispute to Chase then?
I would treat this like a lost card. I would call the number on the back of the card and let them know that you lost the cards.

I presume you still have the receipt which will have the card info as well as the purchase info. You will need that.

As a suggestion, I would also, in the future, put alerts on the CCs that you use when making purchases over a certain level (say $100). You will get a text message each time such a charge goes through and you will not be surprised that your CC was billed for the purchase you presumed didn't go through.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:13 am

I had nearly the same thing happen last week. Tried to buy Best Buy 500 at customer checkout. The screen showed transaction declined. I confirmed that with the lady standing there. No receipt printed. Assumed I had over worked my card so returned Best Buy card to rack. Later realized Amex had charged. Went back to store no help. I had no receipt but fortunately my lkroger app showed the transaction and Kroger 800 customer service. Was very helpful and said they’d refund me.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:24 pm

I am new to Kroger. This thread mostly talks about MO issues. But I am looking to buy $500 GCs using my AMEX Gold. I know YMMV, but does Kroger “normally” allow GCs to be purchased with a CC? Any purchase/transaction limits?

Thanks
TD
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I am new to Kroger. This thread mostly talks about MO issues. But I am looking to buy $500 GCs using my AMEX Gold. I know YMMV, but does Kroger “normally” allow GCs to be purchased with a CC? Any purchase/transaction limits?

Thanks
TD
Should be good to go. As with anywhere, you may get some flack from the CSRs/managers about fraud, but ultimately they should let you buy gift cards.

At my Kroger affiliate, you can even buy up to $500 in gift cards at self checkout...just keep in mind with Amex you probably want to throw some other grocery spend in with the gift card as well.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:00 am

I have had no issues buying VGCs @ Kroger with AMEX. In my area at self checkout you can do up to 2k TOTAL (Including fees/other purchases) in one transaction.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:31 pm

Tried to buy MO using USB MC today, purchased at same store-got card error immediately after I swiped. Will they not accept?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:39 am

Actual Kroger brand stores have had issues with Simon VGC's for MO's for some time now, but their other branded stores have been fine. I've heard a few reports now of Fry's (Kroger version of store in Arizona) having some issues now. Has anyone had experiences with Kroger's other branded stores (Ralph's, King Soopers, Fry's, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, etc.) and Simon VGC's not working recently?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by History05
Actual Kroger brand stores have had issues with Simon VGC's for MO's for some time now, but their other branded stores have been fine.
I tried to use a SMVGC at Kroger's in the beginning of this month to buy a MO and the register rejected it, basically confirming other DPs that said SMVGCs were being turned down for MO's at Kroger's.

I do not have access to other Kroger affiliates.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Ja, now that my CSP Credit Card is giving me 3X Points on online groceries, anyone know if you can buy VGCs with Kroger Pay? (when they launched Kroger Pay, GC were not allowed). On Saturday, I paid for groceries at Krogy with Kroger Pay, which has my CSP as default credit card, and today it posted as Online Groceries and 3X Points
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Actual Kroger brand stores have had issues with Simon VGC's for MO's for some time now, but their other branded stores have been fine. I've heard a few reports now of Fry's (Kroger version of store in Arizona) having some issues now. Has anyone had experiences with Kroger's other branded stores (Ralph's, King Soopers, Fry's, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, etc.) and Simon VGC's not working recently?
Fred Meyer was BAU this weekend at two diff stores in PNW.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 12:52 pm

I buy 4 cards at $490 each every week in the self checkout with no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.