Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Where are you located? What Kroger family of brands are you buying from?

In the Middle of Nowhere Mid West Krogers, I can usually buy 2 X $500 VGC at the same time, while in Ralphs of California, I am only allowed 1 X $500 VGC at self service machines.
Midwest. Kroger store, not Ralph's or another branded store
Old May 31, 2020, 11:00 am

Any thoughts on if they'll roll forward fuel points again?
Old May 31, 2020, 4:01 pm

To answer my own question, you can call and ask them to extend your points another month.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Where are you located? What Kroger family of brands are you buying from?

In the Middle of Nowhere Mid West Krogers, I can usually buy 2 X $500 VGC at the same time, while in Ralphs of California, I am only allowed 1 X $500 VGC at self service machines.
During last 4X fuel points for $100 gift cards I purchased 14 at self check out.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wetsand
During last 4X fuel points for $100 gift cards I purchased 14 at self check out.
ever have issues with the $500 VGC from US bank? mine say pin is wrong or get some error when trying to MO.
@carlitos
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Flyertalker1
ever have issues with the $500 VGC from US bank? mine say pin is wrong or get some error when trying to MO.
@carlitos
I haven't had any issues when cashing them out @ Wally for MOs.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:50 pm

@carlitos
I got the turquoise traveler one and bought a MO with it no problem from a different Kroger affiliate. Which one did you get?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:20 pm

@carlitos
IIRC, the default pin is not the last 4 digits of the card number. So just to make sure you know, there's a piece of paper inside the packet with the default PIN. If you already knew this, then please disregard this message
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:11 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
IIRC, the default pin is not the last 4 digits of the card number. So just to make sure you know, there's a piece of paper inside the packet with the default PIN. If you already knew this, then please disregard this message
I just bought a Kroger VGC and appparently the PIN is now on a sticker on the card instead of inside the packet. A bit unusual but makes it easy to liquidate.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by cbn42
I just bought a Kroger VGC and appparently the PIN is now on a sticker on the card instead of inside the packet. A bit unusual but makes it easy to liquidate.
Technically it is not, as it depends where you are buying them. For California Ralph's VGCs, they do now come in stickers (PIN) attached to the plastic card vs in the home town and headquarter state of Kroger, where they still come on an attached piece of paper. That only tells me people MS less in the Mid West than in California,

And yes, my Wallys in the middle of nowhere mid west still don't care about what card you are using to buy a MO, and they love to split the payment into 2 or 3 VGCs.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:18 pm

Does Kroger have any ID rules like in the case of WM, anything > 1k will require DL check? Are ID checks just YMMV for Kroger?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:12 pm

tried to liquidate a $500 vanilla vgc with selected own pin# for a MO but keep getting a 'not authorized'... card balance still has $500; any folks had similar difficulty or had a solution? Thx

likely won't buy / mess with vanilla gc in future; not worth the hassle

Last edited by danhouston; Jun 14, 2020 at 11:31 pm
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: tink928
Kroger VGC PSA

PSA: In the last two weeks, 4 of my VGCs at different times, will not work at Wally. I called the customer service and I was told that the cards were not "activated" and they needed to activate them. That is weird since I have the activation slip from Kroger. They didn't ask for any other verifying information, just activated the card on the phone. Twice I had to use my bank debit card to complete the purchase. So, take some extra gebits to wal mart and be prepared to deal with this when the message comes - Alternative Payment Required.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by tinku928
PSA: In the last two weeks, 4 of my VGCs at different times, will not work at Wally. I called the customer service and I was told that the cards were not "activated" and they needed to activate them. That is weird since I have the activation slip from Kroger. They didn't ask for any other verifying information, just activated the card on the phone. Twice I had to use my bank debit card to complete the purchase. So, take some extra gebits to wal mart and be prepared to deal with this when the message comes - Alternative Payment Required.

888-853-9536 isn't working for me. What number did you call? I have a similar issue with 2 VGC.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: tink928
Same number. I am not sure where they are sitting but connection is really bad always. Also the hold times can be long. But they do know the issue and take care of it quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.