Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
The previous posts on this topic can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1555831-stores-sell-500-gcs-28.html
Print Wikipost

Stores that sell $500 gift cards(2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:38 pm

Anyone been able to buy MGC from CVS recently? Having issues checking out.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:00 pm

Quick question! Just tried to buy my first gift card at Walgreens, but they only had vanilla visas or AX gift cards. I'm pretty sure I read that you can only use up to $50 for vanilla cards at WM and that AX cards are unfavorable. What should I be on the look out for then?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by sneakbots
Quick question! Just tried to buy my first gift card at Walgreens, but they only had vanilla visas or AX gift cards. I'm pretty sure I read that you can only use up to $50 for vanilla cards at WM and that AX cards are unfavorable. What should I be on the look out for then?
If you're purchasing MOs, then everything you need to know is in the Buying Money Orders at WM WIKI
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...rt-2019-a.html
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:01 pm

So I couldn't find any GCs at any of the ExxonMobil stations that I visited in LA. And nothing at a couple of Valero's either. Are there any Gas Station in CA that sells 500 GCs?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:37 pm

Kroger now having system hard code to prevent vgc transaction that greater than $1500, at least in SE Ohio.

giant eagle is selling 5back and other Metabank issued vgc, up to $200+6.95. Vgc purchases earn 2x fuel points as well, so my 25gal tank truck is making value from it for me. T&C says no gc transaction will be greater than $1000, but I haven’t tried to against this to making sure it’s really enforced.

Getgo, the gas brand by giant eagle selling vgc as well, but coded as ‘fuel’.
Prometheus77 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by brokephibroke
So I couldn't find any GCs at any of the ExxonMobil stations that I visited in LA. And nothing at a couple of Valero's either. Are there any Gas Station in CA that sells 500 GCs?
As a hypothetical (and trying not to be rude)
Suppose you had spent more that a month searching for that unicorn, the gas station in your neck of the woods that actually sold $500 GCs (which could be liquidated) using a credit card.
Just how free would you be in revealing that information on an internet forum dedicated to this business where you know that certain people would immediately crash that site and in essence kill it?

Now look at the question you posed. Do you see where this might be going? BTW, when you find that unicorn, why don't you post it here and let us know about it

(and as an aside, I have yet to find one in my neck of the woods....bummer)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:47 am

anyone know where to get 500vgc with PAYPAL(linked CC)? gcc, gcm both only allow typing in cc info & wm/target dont sell online. google pay only allowed Paypal debit/bank
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by mickchanning
anyone know where to get 500vgc with PAYPAL(linked CC)? gcc, gcm both only allow typing in cc info & wm/target dont sell online. google pay only allowed Paypal debit/bank
I haven’t found any. Are you trying to max out the Disco quarterly bonus category?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:37 am

yessir
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:58 am

yessir
I’ve just been using PayPal for any normal purchase that wouldn’t otherwise get me more than 1x point per $. It turns out that a few of my normal bills can be paid with PayPal. If I haven’t maxed out the category by 9/25, I’ll send the rest to a “friend” and take the 2.9% hit. Still a 2.1% return (7.1% for me since I’m still in the first year for this card).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:09 am

If you have the right phone, you can use Samsung Pay to pay with Paypal funded by Discover. Not totally sure it gets the 5%, but it should.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
If you have the right phone, you can use Samsung Pay to pay with Paypal funded by Discover. Not totally sure it gets the 5%, but it should.
No. I just tried. It seems that paypal balance can only be top up by bank or debit card. No credit cards allowed.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:56 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ericliujian
No. I just tried. It seems that paypal balance can only be top up by bank or debit card. No credit cards allowed.
Yes, Samsung + Paypal you need to link Paypal with debit or bank.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes, Samsung + Paypal you need to link Paypal with debit or bank.
Linking them aint a problem, just that idk why paypal wont let you pay w/ CC in stores. if i wanted to use my debit card, i wouldve just used direct linking to samsung/apple/google pay instead of going to middle man like paypal

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
no samsung for me, but from reports here that samsung is same as google pay, only paypal debit/bank is allowed via mobile payments

Originally Posted by DBFL

I’ve just been using PayPal for any normal purchase that wouldn’t otherwise get me more than 1x point per $. It turns out that a few of my normal bills can be paid with PayPal. If I haven’t maxed out the category by 9/25, I’ll send the rest to a “friend” and take the 2.9% hit. Still a 2.1% return (7.1% for me since I’m still in the first year for this card).
me too, got my 1st disco card recently and just sent $50 to p2 to see if bonus will actually post
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:30 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Linking them aint a problem, just that idk why paypal wont let you pay w/ CC in stores. if i wanted to use my debit card, i wouldve just used direct linking to samsung/apple/google pay instead of going to middle man like paypal
Paypal makes all its money from eBay and credit card fees. How would Paypal eat the CC fee and allow you to pay with credit card??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.