Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:37 pm

I purchased some $1k’s today.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I got a couple yesterday here in South Cali, and not a problem. Also, I usually do 3 Simon VGC X $985.88 per card and she uses her calculator to add and then says I do not need to fill a form as it is bellow $3,000, LOL
mwstahly likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:02 am

Bought a full 25k today. My office confirmed it's still good through October 31st and they're awaiting news about an extension or it going permanent. Multiple employees there gave their opinions that they were confident it would but who knows.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by amtamimi
Bought a full 25k today. My office confirmed it's still good through October 31st and they're awaiting news about an extension or it going permanent. Multiple employees there gave their opinions that they were confident it would but who knows.
I had an identical experience on Tuesday.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by amtamimi
Hats off to you and all others who buy, carry, liquidate and deposit such huge amounts on regular basis!

Not a sarcasm, genuine appreciation! 👍🏼
mwstahly likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
I got a couple yesterday here in South Cali, and not a problem. Also, I usually do 3 Simon VGC X $985.88 per card and she uses her calculator to add and then says I do not need to fill a form as it is bellow $3,000, LOL
It seems like too much of a hassle to for just 3 Simon VGCs per visit. I mean sometimes I can liquidate 3 Simons pretty quickly.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
It seems like too much of a hassle to for just 3 Simon VGCs per visit. I mean sometimes I can liquidate 3 Simons pretty quickly.
Not a hassle when you live minutes away from the Simon Mall. And, I can liquidate them in the Middle of Nowhere Mid West super quickly and have never given my ID or even my SSN to Wally/MG.
The thing is it is a hobby for me, not a sport/job.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98
Hats off to you and all others who buy, carry, liquidate and deposit such huge amounts on regular basis!

It's really based on the luck of geographical location, There are always trade-offs like having to always re position airports, etc. But thank you! It's kind of funny, if I ever plan on purchasing a house, I would want to guarantee I have some liquidation spots available on my commute home!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:07 pm

Not a hassle when you live minutes away from the Simon Mall. And, I can liquidate them in the Middle of Nowhere Mid West super quickly and have never given my ID or even my SSN to Wally/MG.
The thing is it is a hobby for me, not a sport/job.
I understand that but for me, I just like to limit the amount of transactions I do on my credit card especially if they are all for the same amounts since it can look suspicious. I think most of us are doing MS as a hobby but not a job to rely on for a living which wasn't my point. I can understand the concerns of giving them your SSN and all that but if it works for you I have no problem with that.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I understand that but for me, I just like to limit the amount of transactions I do on my credit card especially if they are all for the same amounts since it can look suspicious. I think most of us are doing MS as a hobby but not a job to rely on for a living which wasn't my point. I can understand the concerns of giving them your SSN and all that but if it works for you I have no problem with that.
Also, I usually max out my Amex 4% MR category on VGC @ supermarkets and do it slowly, but steady. Same thing for the OBC and have never been shot down by AMEX since many years ago, when the OBC was uncapped. For Chase, I play it slowly, as my account balance is still very high on UR Points. And that is not counting seven digit AA account balance (now that they are devaluing with dynamic, but can still be used on partners for the time being). So I keep it simple, slow and steady and have fun doing it.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:02 pm

One of my Simon's won't allow odd ball amounts. Just 1000 + the 3.95 fee. They won't let you do the 960.50 or 901.25 odd ball to round out 10 and 25k. Said the promo is for 1000 VGC and that's all they are selling. My other 2 Simon's are happy to sell the odd balls.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:18 pm

We appreciate your support. It’s supporters like you that keep us motivated to keep doing the max.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by gw14
One of my Simon's won't allow odd ball amounts. Just 1000 + the 3.95 fee. They won't let you do the 960.50 or 901.25 odd ball to round out 10 and 25k. Said the promo is for 1000 VGC and that's all they are selling. My other 2 Simon's are happy to sell the odd balls.
I really do not mind the $1,000 VGCs, as I can always ask for a $990.00 MO and drain the $9.12 left on the card at any Kroger/Ralphs while wife is grocery shopping. It is just that 1. they do not make me fill out forms, which allows me to be out of there in no more than 3 minutes and 2. Not having to autodrain the VGCs at my amazing Krogy family of supermarkets.

On a side note ... that is why I have never told anyone where my Middle of Nowhere Wally Worlds are, because for the last 5 years, my CSR friends have told me there are no other people, other than my SO and myself buying MO every so often. And I do not consider myself a whale, like other FTers that definitely MS large amounts at Wally giving away their DL and SSNs. So, my stores haven't been flaged by MG and my CSR friends could care less what type of debit card or VGC I use to pay for the MO. Also, weirdly, their machines have never triggered ID check
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: none
Glad my mall clerk helps me like family member, I go there once a week for few 1k, few 990.88, then split payments about 24xx.xx each from 4 credit cards, they never even complaining or said anything. Of course, I will just buy 9x1k if that mattered. Never even check ID or cards no more after 1st few times. I filled out the short form with 2 signature and 2 marks for the No answer. Lol.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!

I've been doing this in some form at least back to 2011. Currently I'm retired and have a very friendly WM 3 miles away with one or two super-friendly CSRs. As I have had no visions where God came to me and said "If you only do $x on each account you can do it forever," I just go for the max in every way. I have at least 1.5 million frequent flier miles from MS, and $45K saved for a car and am profiting about $3-4K a month. My nearest SM is a 65-mile round trip. Back in the days of $10K/day limit, I would sometimes rent a car from the local Enterprise on a 3-day weekend special with a 300 mile limit and drive out on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to stop up $40K. I'm glad to have something productive to do with my time. When I get shut down, I just look for a Plan B, C, and D. If it all goes to hell, I'll just burn my frequent flier miles and buy my new car and think how it all came so easy.
ericdabbs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.