FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887866-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases-2018-24-a.html)

Lekuxs15 Mar 12, 2021 6:31 pm

interesting you say that. Today I had a CSR owe me a favor and added an additional 15k but only 15k is seen in my profile

Originally Posted by centrifuge41 (Post 33094807)
For Giant MD, can you credit to your account twice in one day? E.g. buy some gift cards in separate transactions? I'm hearing rumors/mumbling that this is no longer possible, and/or that the number of points you can get per day is capped.

centrifuge41 Mar 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Thanks for confirming folks. I got 9000 points over 2 transactions credited to the same Giant MD Flexible Rewards bonus card today. Looks like everything is BAU.

Bigzamboni Mar 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lekuxs15 (Post 33096848)
interesting you say that. Today I had a CSR owe me a favor and added an additional 15k but only 15k is seen in my profile

Perhaps they added the points under the old gas rewards and not flex points?

waygora Mar 12, 2021 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by the188 (Post 33096610)
Giant PA or Giant MD? Was this in-person or Giant Pickup? If in person, did you do self checkout or via cashier?

Giant MD but in Virginia. In person with a cashier.

balwx Mar 13, 2021 7:34 am

Black kevlars posting correctly in central nj, points updated in SS app within 30 minutes....

Zepcro Mar 13, 2021 9:39 am

Originally Posted by centrifuge41 (Post 33096995)
Thanks for confirming folks. I got 9000 points over 2 transactions credited to the same Giant MD Flexible Rewards bonus card today. Looks like everything is BAU.

You are the 1st person I see mention this so what do you mean that others confirmed it? I saw someone on DoC write that they only received points in the 1st transaction.

Does anyone else have any DP of the points either posting or not posting in the 2nd transaction during the promo period?

Chelski Mar 13, 2021 11:00 am

Originally Posted by the188 (Post 33076580)
I was just wondering since its people in non-Giant areas that are always asking.

I still find it a very useful MS tool. The gas / grocery points more than offset the fees and grocery stores are bonused on several cards. Adding the grocery option means I no longer have the hassle of offloading the gas. You can always cram more groceries into your house, so it lifts the usability cap (there was no way I could use several hundred gallons of gas per month).

points are stackable.. as gas prices go above $3/gal we will need to expand from giant md/SS with another group to get discounts up to $4.5/gal

yoyo Mar 13, 2021 11:30 am

Originally Posted by waygora (Post 33096322)
Looking for a DP to hopefully prove me wrong, or maybe confirm it.

I think something changed with giant, but not on the earning side, on the redeeming side. I spent about $112 of groceries, which had about six dollars of tax. It took off exactly $100, that’s never happened to us before. It’s always an odd number, and usually takes off everything but tax. We did not buy any ineligible items as far as I know.

Either it's a fluke, or I'm thinking they may have capped redemption at $100 per transaction.

Anyone else able to get more than $100 as of today?

No giant experienes but at SS cashiers were shocked I was able to get $30ish off and the final came to zero. I felt redeem more than $50 will probably cause more noise and drew more attention.

RedSun Mar 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 33098025)
No giant experienes but at SS cashiers were shocked I was able to get $30ish off and the final came to zero. I felt redeem more than $50 will probably cause more noise and drew more attention.

As some posters at another thread posted, they think IRS will go after those folks who make $500 each month from grocery as their "income" and tax them. :)

But again, if you use those reward discreetly, those reward programs will last longer....

Bigzamboni Mar 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski (Post 33097968)
points are stackable.. as gas prices go above $3/gal we will need to expand from giant md/SS with another group to get discounts up to $4.5/gal

The other FR partners aren't as generous with their opportunities to earn points, from my limited experience. Hy-Vee doesn't have a cap on how many you can use in a transaction which makes the earn date for order of use also very important.

centrifuge41 Mar 13, 2021 6:30 pm

IAHPHX says the rumors of crediting multiple times per day, and/or limited number of points accrued to one card don't sound right. I was confirming that so far I'm not hitting any issues.

I'm up to 13,500 Flex points now. Buying $1500 at a time to take advantage of Discover Q1.

Originally Posted by Zepcro (Post 33097838)
You are the 1st person I see mention this so what do you mean that others confirmed it? I saw someone on DoC write that they only received points in the 1st transaction.

Does anyone else have any DP of the points either posting or not posting in the 2nd transaction during the promo period?

FTD0619 Mar 14, 2021 6:52 am

Does anyone have experience liquidating the Metabank VISAs obtained through these deals via the Western Union MO at Giant in PA? I never purchased a Western Union at Giant, an now that Walmart is dead for liquidation, I would consider this method.

Chelski Mar 14, 2021 7:05 am

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 33098265)
As some posters at another thread posted, they think IRS will go after those folks who make $500 each month from grocery as their "income" and tax them. :)

But again, if you use those reward discreetly, those reward programs will last longer....

those fools don’t understand the actual ruling on that case. Unless you directly buy MOs there’s no problem

radonc1 Mar 14, 2021 7:36 am

Originally Posted by FTD0619 (Post 33099273)
Does anyone have experience liquidating the Metabank VISAs obtained through these deals via the Western Union MO at Giant in PA? I never purchased a Western Union at Giant, an now that Walmart is dead for liquidation, I would consider this method.

It's a grocery store. You proceed just as if you were doing it in a WM

Ask at customer service (presuming that is where the sale is made) if they allow a debit card to pay for MOs. If yes, proceed as you always have.

If no, then you have to find another grocer or store that will say yes. ;)

shipwreck Mar 14, 2021 8:06 am

Limit one offer?

Limit one (1) gift card rewards offer per household”.?...

Really?... I think I'm done with Stop and Shop now.