FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887866-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases-2018-24-a.html)

Zepcro Sep 4, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by golfr (Post 31486339)
It looks like alt ID stopped working in NY as well.

What do you mean by "as well"? This is the first I am seeing of it not working for someone (besides some kind of glitch).

golfr Sep 4, 2019 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni (Post 31487777)
I used alt ID in NJ today without a problem. More likely it was a FRN hiccup. That happens sometimes.

Maybe it was... I dunno...

Originally Posted by Zepcro (Post 31490073)
What do you mean by "as well"? This is the first I am seeing of it not working for someone (besides some kind of glitch).

I haven't confirmed myself if it is working or not in NJ but upthread, someone was told that it wouldn't in NJ. On the same day, it worked in another state(not NJ) but didn't in NY. Who knows? Maybe it is was just a glitch in NY.

Car Jack Sep 5, 2019 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by SideShowBob (Post 31486274)
Hide them somewhere in the store the week before ;)

That's a good idea.

I used to do that with $500 VGCs back when they'd all disappear the first day of a VGC promo.

tuphat Sep 6, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Car Jack (Post 31485441)
I found that my local S&S pulls happy guy cards during promos (only ones with HD) and HD pulls Stop & Shop cards. In case you're wondering.....no, the S&S cards can't be used to buy happy cards at S&S. I tried.

I would report the store to corporate, they simply shouldn't be doing this.

Joonydell Sep 6, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 31497151)

i would too! whats the point of the promo if they remove the cards from the shelf??

Bigzamboni Sep 6, 2019 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Joonydell (Post 31498408)
i would too! whats the point of the promo if they remove the cards from the shelf??

One of the stores near me usually doesn't put up the promo signs during v/mc weeks like they do for other gift cards. Almost like some store manager thinks he's being a company hero or something.

These promos have been going on for long enough that if there was a problem, they'd have likely stopped the v/mc offers. Good value promos pushing happy cards have been going on at many retailers for about a year now too.

westlaker Sep 7, 2019 6:40 am

Alt ID didn't work Friday 9/6 in NJ.

luckypra Sep 7, 2019 6:58 am

Originally Posted by westlaker (Post 31500312)

It did work for me yesterday.

RedSun Sep 7, 2019 7:24 am

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 31497151)

We get some police here. ^

RedSun Sep 7, 2019 7:26 am

Originally Posted by westlaker (Post 31500312)

Account hacked. :confused:

CatIntheHat Sep 7, 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Joonydell (Post 31498408)

You can get a raincheck for missing gift cards! You shouldn't have to, but you can...

621mango Sep 7, 2019 12:17 pm

any suggestions on strategies to turn HC into Amazon GC?

thebat Sep 7, 2019 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by CatIntheHat (Post 31500586)
You can get a raincheck for missing gift cards! You shouldn't have to, but you can...

My local store will not give rain checks for gift card promo.

621mango Sep 8, 2019 7:04 am

not sure if anyone has a DP on this. Could one get a HC then go to Home Depot and purchase staples GC (checked and some HD have these). Then take staples GC and purchase amazon GC or wait for visa/mastercard promotion? thoughts?

toxicity Sep 8, 2019 9:19 am

Originally Posted by 621mango (Post 31503199)
not sure if anyone has a DP on this. Could one get a HC then go to Home Depot and purchase staples GC (checked and some HD have these). Then take staples GC and purchase amazon GC or wait for visa/mastercard promotion? thoughts?

oh boy