FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Safeway/Vons Master thread (2018 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887398-safeway-vons-master-thread-2018-onwards.html)

tomcat Feb 2, 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33956405)
I did not earn points on SS purchase and rewards clipped on my app did not apply to my grocery purchase today. I hope it just system update or glitch beginning of the month

Are you saying those secure spend cards were giving points?

kingscross Feb 2, 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 33957666)
u meant the clipped reward pts died or didn't give discount?

From my experience yesterday you definately can still earn rewards thru organic purchases but not SS purchases. It was my second time that clipped rewards did not apply towards regular grocery purchases. I clipped 12 rewards for $20 and 10 rewards for $15 off. They are still in my account now. I tried both self check out and cashier yesterday. I hope it is system glitch.

kingscross Feb 2, 2022 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 33957666)
u meant the clipped reward pts died or didn't give discount?

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 33957996)

Ya, until Jan 31st. double points

danhouston Feb 2, 2022 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33958003)
From my experience yesterday you definately can still earn rewards thru organic purchases but not SS purchases. It was my second time that clipped rewards did not apply towards regular grocery purchases. I clipped 12 rewards for $20 and 10 rewards for $15 off. They are still in my account now. I tried both self check out and cashier yesterday. I hope it is system glitch.

hope a temp glitch as well; if other folks got a better outcome, pls share

yday at a friendly store, kinda surprised that a regular cashier at CS told me under new policy she had to call mgr for a $500 vgc; a mgr came didn't ask to see the pymt card but glued on the register monitor; guess that the store(s) now want to ensure the credits, if applied, to be used for organic purch

tomcat Feb 2, 2022 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33958006)

:mad: missed it

littlewinglet Feb 2, 2022 5:00 pm

Worked for me yesterday 2-1, earning and burning both worked flawlessly. Might be a wave of regional glitches, or the bean counters waking up and plugging holes.

kingscross Feb 2, 2022 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet (Post 33958732)
Worked for me yesterday 2-1, earning and burning both worked flawlessly. Might be a wave of regional glitches, or the bean counters waking up and plugging holes.

Awesome. Thanks buddy. I will try again Friday and report. Are you buying SS card that expires 01/30 or 12/29? The back of the cards that expires 01/30 look suspicious to me. Also glue is sticky and It was blank between barcode that cashier scans and signature panel. It looks very fishy

kingscross Feb 2, 2022 7:23 pm

Also I have a question to you guys. I keep cards I bought for about 3months. I randomly looked up the balance of one of the card I probably bought in OCT or Nov on ss website It is showing 'A system error has occurred. Please try again later.' in red. I am sure number, expiration date and secure code were correct. You guys can check it too. some of the cards are not showing 0 balance. Do SS reissue a new card with same number but different secure code and expiration date when they detect theres 0 balance? Could scams be inside jobs? They know what we are doing and how much money left on the card after activation? A system error has occurred. Please try again later.A system error has occurred. Please try again later.

littlewinglet Feb 2, 2022 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33959038)
Awesome. Thanks buddy. I will try again Friday and report. Are you buying SS card that expires 01/30 or 12/29? The back of the cards that expires 01/30 look suspicious to me. Also glue is sticky and It was blank between barcode that cashier scans and signature panel. It looks very fishy

Just grabbed whatever they had, looks like a mix of 9/29 and 1/30

jn in ca Feb 2, 2022 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33959060)
Also I have a question to you guys. I keep cards I bought for about 3months. I randomly looked up the balance of one of the card I probably bought in OCT or Nov on ss website It is showing 'A system error has occurred. Please try again later.' in red. I am sure number, expiration date and secure code were correct. You guys can check it too. some of the cards are not showing 0 balance. Do SS reissue a new card with same number but different secure code and expiration date when they detect theres 0 balance? Could scams be inside jobs? They know what we are doing and how much money left on the card after activation? A system error has occurred. Please try again later.A system error has occurred. Please try again later.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you saying that you have old, drained gift cards and you are checking to be sure they have a 0 balance? I have never tried that with Securespend, but I have tried that with US Bank and USB does stop letting you check the balance after the card hits 0. USB will tell you the CVV is wrong, even though the card is in your hand. The only way to confirm a 0 balance with an old USB card is to speak to a CSR. Very different than Blackhawk which lets the card holder check transactions going back years.

As far as the idea that Incomm is reusing the CC numbers. Years down the road yes they will recycle gift card numbers, but in 3 months? Nope. No way.

TalkingPoint Feb 3, 2022 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 33957996)

Yes. It's been the case since early Dec. It's dead again.

jn in ca Feb 3, 2022 3:41 pm

Was there some official bonus offer?

I thought I was just the beneficiary of some kind of happy accident.

kingscross Feb 3, 2022 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca (Post 33961707)
Was there some official bonus offer?

I thought I was just the beneficiary of some kind of happy accident.

l
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bda8bb1b0.jpeglog on in your alb app and click reward you will see how rewards are earned. It’s saying earning double points on every dollar spent

kingscross Feb 3, 2022 5:23 pm

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6f39f9589.jpeg
Tested again today SS earned 0 rewards and Amazon GC earns double points. I’m dead to alb again.

edelweiss Feb 3, 2022 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross (Post 33958003)

Definitely annoying... I clipped a $15 off today and it didn't come off my purchase at SCO :( Hope that gets resolved soon.