Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Post on this topic before 2017 can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1520316-visa-gc-walmart-83.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/Walmart (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
so WM corporate guys just changed the system suddenly w/o even notifying the front line employees/managers....this is very disorganized.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:57 pm

I wonder if WM and GD got into a pissing contest and WalMart decided to go this route to hit GD where it hurts? I would imagine this is going to drop sales of these cards significantly. Maybe WM is going to replace GD with someone else like they did with Sunrise.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:39 pm

I was able to buy GDVGC with CC this evening...so it was a WM system glitch most likely. biz is as usual.
liw5215 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by coolguy100
I was able to buy GDVGC with CC this evening...so it was a WM system glitch most likely. biz is as usual.
will test at both super & neighbor store tomorrow
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:16 am

then walmart may want to just tease u guys or gd corp by stopping it for a day
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:54 am

Which design(s)? I ask because I tried yesterday morning using the black/gold design at a WMNM and got the cash/debit message.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by VJCflyer
Which design(s)? I ask because I tried yesterday morning using the black/gold design at a WMNM and got the cash/debit message.
on the back , it states " issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC..." yesterday evening WM POS might be different system from yesterday morning....
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:25 am

on the back , it states " issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC..." yesterday evening WM POS might be different system from yesterday morning....
Did you have issues buying at this store before? I'm thinking your store hasn't gotten the update yet.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:42 am

Just left 2 of my go-to WM where the register spit out a paper saying cash or debit only. This was the first they heard of it.

im in central California
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by VJCflyer
Did you have issues buying at this store before? I'm thinking your store hasn't gotten the update yet.
it is possible...I had not visited it for several days...it worked last night with CC.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:40 am

New trials ain't looking good for me Tried one in Grapevine, TX and payment with DMiles got cancelled with a paper printed saying cash/debit ONLY.

I compared notes with someone who told me it was still working on the 23rd at the same store, it seems the block is slowly but surely getting implemented in all stores. I don't think it's a glitch so for those who are trying to meet MSR with no SMall, best to check your WMs if they haven't blocked CCs for GDVGC and buy all you can, while it's still working. I've read DPs where they said it worked for them in the morning but when they tried it again in the afternoon, payment with CC got cancelled.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:27 pm

Just bought a vanilla in Northern Ohio, not my usual store though so I haven't tried gdot at the same store. This one might not have gotten the register update yet...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by asot550
Just bought a vanilla, not my usual store though so I haven't tried gdot at the same store. This one might not have gotten the register update yet...
hasn't vanilla been always cash/debit.only in WM?

Last edited by coolguy100; Jul 29, 2018 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
will test at both super & neighbor store tomorrow
still worked at my neighbor store; didn't try at super as wasn't otw; since wanting to quickly liquidate to a prepaid acct to make sure that that it can be drained that way, just now found out that the fund/$ wasn't immediately available...had to wait 1 full hr. coming back to WM to successfully loaded to the prepaid acct; any rate, not sure when this will end at my location...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
there is another poster who said GD refused to refund one card because it wasn't registered; they gave refund for one card that was registered.

if all else fail, file complaint via CFPB; best to have a police report plus receipt(s) and packages as part of your proof. Good luck!

PS: what city/region was this WM that you bought these GDVGCs? this will help those who are traveling to avoid such store where cards have been possibly compromised.
even after the card is registered, it's still possible to liquidate for a MO with the last 4 # as pin, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.