FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1820917-visa-mastercard-gift-cards-staples-2017-onwards.html)

co.miller89 Jan 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 (Post 27813333)
If you duplicated anything you will only get one rebate for how many times you used anything more than once.

do you know if they tie things back to the rewards account? People have reported that you can use the same credit card for multiple transactions as long as you send the rebate to different people at different addresses, im just not sure about the rewards account

edit: the reward status says validation complete for all of them. does that mean they will send them?

DeltaNeutral28 Jan 25, 2017 7:06 am

Originally Posted by jeam3130 (Post 27813340)
do you know if they tie things back to the rewards account? People have reported that you can use the same credit card for multiple transactions as long as you send the rebate to different people at different addresses, im just not sure about the rewards account

edit: the reward status says validation complete for all of them. does that mean they will send them?

In my experience, anything on your rebate submission needs to be unique. The credit card you paid in store with for each rebate is fine, I also use the same, the Ink. I do not have a staples reward #, but if you duplicated a phone number on a rebate submission form (online or printed out) that rebate will be denied IME. If you have a phone # that you used for multiple rebates and the rebate process proceeds, this will be news to me.

oopl Jan 25, 2017 8:27 am

Who bought all the vgcs? :(

co.miller89 Jan 25, 2017 9:49 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 (Post 27815032)
In my experience, anything on your rebate submission needs to be unique. The credit card you paid in store with for each rebate is fine, I also use the same, the Ink. I do not have a staples reward #, but if you duplicated a phone number on a rebate submission form (online or printed out) that rebate will be denied IME. If you have a phone # that you used for multiple rebates and the rebate process proceeds, this will be news to me.

Yes everything on the rebate forms, including phone number were unique.

cdog999 Feb 3, 2017 10:58 am

Anyone purchase 300s online with their Amex Simplycash Plus Business card? I just noticed that my Staples.com orders are listed as General Merchandise and Supplies and not Business Services. If you did staples.com did you get the 5%?

lumangoy Feb 3, 2017 11:01 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 27860843)
Anyone purchase 300s online with their Amex Simplycash Plus Business card? I just noticed that my Staples.com orders are listed as General Merchandise and Supplies and not Business Services. If you did staples.com did you get the 5%?

Curious if it shows what you purchased?

My Business SPG shows I purchased a VGC

cdog999 Feb 4, 2017 8:12 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 27860866)
Curious if it shows what you purchased?

My Business SPG shows I purchased a VGC

Yes it does show what is purchases. I see a bunch of 300 visa from staples.com and 200 amex from od. That really sucks

lumangoy Feb 4, 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 27864337)
Yes it does show what is purchases. I see a bunch of 300 visa from staples.com and 200 amex from od. That really sucks

yeah, thats why I was hesitant on getting the card due to the level 3 data.

gw14 Feb 4, 2017 9:40 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 27860843)

Got 5% for staples.com orders using SCP. AMEX will also show what GC you purchased in store as well as online. For example, $25 Gap, $50 Gap, $50 ToysRUS, Visa $300, etc

Got the card in Oct, since 5% CB is calendar base, got close to maxing out the 5% CB in 10 weeks.

DrForce Feb 5, 2017 5:47 am

Originally Posted by gw14 (Post 27864630)
Got 5% for staples.com orders using SCP. AMEX will also show what GC you purchased in store as well as online. For example, $25 Gap, $50 Gap, $50 ToysRUS, Visa $300, etc

Got the card in Oct, since 5% CB is calendar base, got close to maxing out the 5% CB in 10 weeks.

Are you buying the gift cards online through a portal or just directly at staples.com?

gw14 Feb 5, 2017 6:26 am

Originally Posted by DrForce (Post 27867661)
Are you buying the gift cards online through a portal or just directly at staples.com?

Staples.com directly.

OliverB Feb 5, 2017 10:39 pm

Is there even any point using Chase portal since you obviously won't earn the additional 2x UR? I need to buy a bunch of retail GCs online for purchases to be made this week, since my local Staples doesn't stock large value cards; any issues with earning the usual 5x with the Ink+ on these?

cheaptimesharetraveler Feb 8, 2017 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB (Post 27870725)
Is there even any point using Chase portal since you obviously won't earn the additional 2x UR? I need to buy a bunch of retail GCs online for purchases to be made this week, since my local Staples doesn't stock large value cards; any issues with earning the usual 5x with the Ink+ on these?

I have never had a problem with my Chase Ink cards. We max out both cards. But honestly, it's such a fragile system we use. We buy the cards online, buy MO's and deposit those to our bank. Having a business is definitely helpful. But anything can happen to our system, and we keep hoping it still all works even five years from now. Chase could get sick and tired of our 5X earnings and cancel our cards. We could get stopped from acquiring MO's at our local grocery store and Wally, and our bank could start limiting our MO deposits. Very fragile.

DeltaNeutral28 Feb 8, 2017 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptimesharetraveler (Post 27882883)
I have never had a problem with my Chase Ink cards. We max out both cards. But honestly, it's such a fragile system we use. We buy the cards online, buy MO's and deposit those to our bank. Having a business is definitely helpful. But anything can happen to our system, and we keep hoping it still all works even five years from now. Chase could get sick and tired of our 5X earnings and cancel our cards. We could get stopped from acquiring MO's at our local grocery store and Wally, and our bank could start limiting our MO deposits. Very fragile.

That's not the fragile part. The fragile part is that the Ink plus is closed for new business and the new Ink Prefered is offering 3x on OSS. That would lead me to believe that the Ink Plus is on the clock altogether for the 5x.

Davyboyo Feb 9, 2017 5:26 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28 (Post 27883361)
That's not the fragile part. The fragile part is that the Ink plus is closed for new business and the new Ink Prefered is offering 3x on OSS. That would lead me to believe that the Ink Plus is on the clock altogether for the 5x.

Ink Preferred is only 1X at OSS