FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-2018-a.html)

killercut Jan 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage (Post 27763645)
Oh yes! Alexandra at Riverside is a total human being!

Just let her be and talk to the guest services manager who will sort things out. Seems like they don't want people buying and at first, everyone is a scammer/fraud.

They know me as a regular now but still do the transaction looking "super official" - more power to her if she thinks this is a fulfilling job for her. I make more buying gift cards than she does sitting there hourly.

No offense to any of my mall folks, but some need to chill out and be more customer focused. I've been to many many malls and have had fairly pleasant, quick experiences at most of them.

She needs to learn how to not looked like she is panicking because she thinks the customer is a scammer and thus making the customer feel like he/she is a scammer when they are not. Be a little more discrete when you are taking out the Fraud for Dummies book, quickly put the ID and Cards under the blacklight and don't examine them as if I just printed them in my Nigerian friends' basement.
I have a feeling she pressed the security guard panic button twice while I was there because the security guard came twice and was looking at me like he might try to tackle me or something, not that he could, he probably weighs like 100lbs, and I'm a big grown man...
It was just a big waste of my time. 45 minutes, when I usually take care of these cards at other malls in less than 5...

killercut Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS (Post 27759741)
Do you always travel from VA to NY in order to MS or was this a special trip?

I don't get where you got VA from... I'm in CT NY NJ area...

But hey, I really had to do all this spend, so I would have driven the distance if need be.

FrankMS Jan 16, 2017 8:01 am

Originally Posted by killercut (Post 27767493)
I don't get where you got VA from... I'm in CT NY NJ area...

But hey, I really had to do all this spend, so I would have driven the distance if need be.

I read your post too fast. There's a SM near Alexandria, VA

ChiTownChurner Jan 16, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by macrophage (Post 27763645)
Oh yes! Alexandra at Riverside is a total human being!

Just let her be and talk to the guest services manager who will sort things out. Seems like they don't want people buying and at first, everyone is a scammer/fraud.

They know me as a regular now but still do the transaction looking "super official" - more power to her if she thinks this is a fulfilling job for her. I make more buying gift cards than she does sitting there hourly.

No offense to any of my mall folks, but some need to chill out and be more customer focused. I've been to many many malls and have had fairly pleasant, quick experiences at most of them.

Question: What method do you liquidate your SM FBs that is profitable? I know the FB->CVS OVs gets you like $15 profit per card, but that is ending on 1/20.

macrophage Jan 16, 2017 9:22 am

Originally Posted by ChiTownChurner (Post 27769641)
Question: What method do you liquidate your SM FBs that is profitable? I know the FB->CVS OVs gets you like $15 profit per card, but that is ending on 1/20.

The world is ending on 1/20.

Who said I was buying FBs?

krazykanuck Jan 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by ChiTownChurner (Post 27769641)

I dunno man. Last I heard, the Manufactured Spend forum was shutting down on 1/21. The jig is up! :D

ChiTownChurner Jan 17, 2017 7:32 am

Originally Posted by macrophage (Post 27769650)
The world is ending on 1/20.

Who said I was buying FBs?

Well, because you are talking about the Simon Mall in Alexandria and the super skeptical SM CSR. What else would you be buying at Simon other than FBs?

macrophage Jan 17, 2017 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ChiTownChurner (Post 27774825)
Well, because you are talking about the Simon Mall in Alexandria and the super skeptical SM CSR. What else would you be buying at Simon other than FBs?

Simon Gift Cards?....

ChiTownChurner Jan 17, 2017 9:41 am

Originally Posted by macrophage (Post 27775143)
Simon Gift Cards?....

Simon FBs are Simon gift cards. I just asked you what your method was, I don't get why your hostility is needed..

Spiral1 Jan 17, 2017 9:45 am

Bought some more FB's yesterday and the CSR wouldn't let me use any MasterCard cards due to "fraud". Luckily for me I had plenty of other cards on me to buy with.

Some other churner also came up to the desk to buy $9500 worth as I was leaving.

ddjen11 Jan 17, 2017 10:33 am

Will Freedom unlimited get 1.5x?

CWAL Jan 17, 2017 10:39 am

Originally Posted by ddjen11 (Post 27775800)
Will Freedom unlimited get 1.5x?

Yes, why would you think it wouldn't?

GatorSmiley Jan 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Huge Lettering

Just made my first monthly purchase of 2017 (19 cards). I usually get the black "Fashion" cards because they are the most discrete. My understandings that they are everyone's favorite. However, now I noticed those are no longer available. Now, the black card says Thank You and all the cards have GIFT CARD written on them in huge letters (it used to be much smaller and in the right corner). Anyone else noticed these changes? Thoughts?

Carl Jan 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by GatorSmiley (Post 27778705)
Just made my first monthly purchase of 2017 (19 cards). I usually get the black "Fashion" cards because they are the most discrete. My understandings that they are everyone's favorite. However, now I noticed those are no longer available. Now, the black card says Thank You and all the cards have GIFT CARD written on them in huge letters (it used to be much smaller and in the right corner). Anyone else noticed these changes? Thoughts?

I'm told that they're coming back (with a new design) but aren't available yet. I found some of the older cards at another location last week.

markr33 Jan 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Carl (Post 27778747)
I'm told that they're coming back (with a new design) but aren't available yet. I found some of the older cards at another location last week.

Here's some bad news. CSR at Simon told me that they are phasing out the "bulk" gift cards at the desk and switching to 100% packaged at the display case. Think about all that wasted packaging, it's environmentally unsound! :cool: