FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-2018-a.html)

ducksaucei3 Jan 2, 2017 9:54 am

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 27606680)
Does anyone have experience buying from Simon Mall online? I have 3 orders that are all around 3 weeks old that I have no received. GCM takes about 10 days, but I'm on day 20 right now for Simon which is ridiculous.

Does it say shipped? Mine shipped 12/28, have not received yet. Hoping it comes tomorrow

livestrongforever Jan 2, 2017 10:04 am

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017)

A lady and guy buys 19 cards each everyday at my local Simon mall according to a cashier I spoke with. I may have to do the same soon.

ntjane66 Jan 2, 2017 10:17 am

The key is to have enough cl on cc that are worth doing it on and the ability to unload 20k per day. Had a local wm that allowed 20k mo per day but they stopped it a few weeks ago.

cdog999 Jan 2, 2017 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3 (Post 27692460)
Does it say shipped? Mine shipped 12/28, have not received yet. Hoping it comes tomorrow

My orders from November never came. After calling a 3rd time, they replaced the cards and they came in the mail within a week.

I went ahead and put in another order on Christmas. Under status it says "Delivered on 12/28/2016". Obviously I know that isn't the case. I did a GCM order recently and it took 14 days to get to me. If I get to day 14 I'll give Simon/GCM a call.

cashcyclone Jan 2, 2017 2:30 pm

"Delivered on" means shipped on. "Not yet delivered" is order in process. Delivery takes 5-7 days for from shipping date.

Chelski Jan 2, 2017 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by ntjane66 (Post 27692584)
The key is to have enough cl on cc that are worth doing it on and the ability to unload 20k per day. Had a local wm that allowed 20k mo per day but they stopped it a few weeks ago.

I had one that allowed unlimited MO per day but they also stopped.. real PITA! Why buy 19 cards when you max out with 20. My simon has about 5-8 hardcore regulars.

FrankMS Jan 2, 2017 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski (Post 27694657)
I had one that allowed unlimited MO per day but they also stopped.. real PITA! Why buy 19 cards when you max out with 20. My simon has about 5-8 hardcore regulars.

My SM enforces the $10K limit, so the 20th card has to be $421. I just get 19 to avoid keeping track of the oddball card. It was nice during fee free week getting the full 20.

Chelski Jan 2, 2017 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS (Post 27694672)
My SM enforces the $10K limit, so the 20th card has to be $421. I just get 19 to avoid keeping track of the oddball card. It was nice during fee free week getting the full 20.

you could do 20 cards @ $496.05. many variations are possible. a single oddball card isn't hard to track. to each their own. :-)

FrankMS Jan 2, 2017 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski (Post 27694724)
you could do 20 cards @ $496.05. many variations are possible. a single oddball card isn't hard to track. to each their own. :-)

Good point. It also helps that I'm ten minutes from a SM, so I don't sweat missing a card.

Carl Jan 2, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm commenting here so I can be subscribed to the new 2017 thread. Is there a way to do this without posting? Thanks! (And feel free to delete this, mods)

mjgrazi Jan 2, 2017 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Carl (Post 27695415)
I'm commenting here so I can be subscribed to the new 2017 thread. Is there a way to do this without posting? Thanks! (And feel free to delete this, mods)

Under "Thread Tools" there's a "Subscribe to this thread" option

DjRocket Jan 3, 2017 12:25 am

deleted

Carl Jan 3, 2017 12:38 am

Originally Posted by mjgrazi (Post 27695605)
Under "Thread Tools" there's a "Subscribe to this thread" option

I'm embarrassed that I didn't realize that and am very glad I asked. Thanks!!

beachmiles Jan 3, 2017 8:55 am

Online limits?

For those of us too far from the Mall, any updates, or data points on online personal daily, monthly limits would be appreciated. I've followed and reviewed the thread. Thank you Happy for passing on you friends experience.
I currently do $1,500 orders ( non Simon ) with GCM with success. I'd like to hit Simon online a bit harder, just so I don't have to hover over the mailbox as frequently, but I don't want my GCM relationship terminated.

Any reports of Simon online orders, affecting GCM relationship?

CWAL Jan 3, 2017 11:00 am

Originally Posted by TheRoadIsLife (Post 27697452)
Any reports of Simon online orders, affecting GCM relationship?

This thread is physical simon as per wiki. GCM has its own thread...

misterno Jan 3, 2017 3:38 pm

I can do unlimited in my simon mall

So I used my fidelity VISA to get 2% then went to CVS to buy Paypal cards

When I tried to load them to my Paypal it said 4K limit per month

Next time I will buy the vanilla VISA in CVS

But none of the walmarts around me allow split payment for MO

So I have unlimited Simon mall but no walmart to MO.

Here is the math and please help me with this

3.95 fee when buying at simon mall
4.95 fee when buying the vanilla at cvs
1.69 when buying the $500 MO at walmart
Total expense= 10.59
Total gain = $35 (500*0.05=25 five back visa + 500*0.02=10 fidelity)

35-10.59=$24.41 with 1 $500 fiveback card

Any better combinations please let me know

The clerk at Simon Mall desk told me there are 2 other people like me and they always use their AMEX

I don't understand the deal with AMEX. It is giving 1 to 1 points. Is there an AMEX that gives more than 1 point on Simon Mall purchase?

ElPresidente Jan 3, 2017 4:36 pm

I use my DL Amex to hit the Delta SkyMiles 25K spend waiver, at which point MQD in that program is no longer an issue. I hit that in the first month or so, then into the drawer. Others may be chasing Starpoints or something.

Carl Jan 3, 2017 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente (Post 27699928)
I use my DL Amex to hit the Delta SkyMiles 25K spend waiver, at which point MQD in that program is no longer an issue. I hit that in the first month or so, then into the drawer. Others may be chasing Starpoints or something.

And some may be using multiple DL cards for MQMs.

Chelski Jan 3, 2017 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27699637)

I don't understand the deal with AMEX. It is giving 1 to 1 points. Is there an AMEX that gives more than 1 point on Simon Mall purchase?

What do you mean by unlimited? Up to $10k/day or any amount per day?

Different cards give different strokes for different folks. Read the various benefits of each card and then you can decide. Hint: No card gives a bonus at SM.

Happy Jan 3, 2017 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27699637)

So I used my fidelity VISA to get 2% then went to CVS to buy Paypal cards

When I tried to load them to my Paypal it said 4K limit per month

Next time I will buy the vanilla VISA in CVS

But none of the walmarts around me allow split payment for MO

So I have unlimited Simon mall but no walmart to MO.

Here is the math and please help me with this

3.95 fee when buying at simon mall
4.95 fee when buying the vanilla at cvs
1.69 when buying the $500 MO at walmart
Total expense= 10.59
Total gain = $35 (500*0.05=25 five back visa + 500*0.02=10 fidelity)

35-10.59=$24.41 with 1 $500 fiveback card

Any better combinations please let me know

The clerk at Simon Mall desk told me there are 2 other people like me and they always use their AMEX

Do you know vanilla does not work at WalMart for well over 2 years now, unless you only want a $49.99 MO?
Besides no WalMart charges $1.69 for a MO. It is far less.

No card earns any bonus from Simon purchase. Not everyone wants cash back. In fact I would venture to say a majority of folks doing this don't do it for cash back, just like the 2 guys at your Simon.

misterno Jan 3, 2017 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 27700827)
Do you know vanilla does not work at WalMart for well over 2 years now, unless you only want a $49.99 MO?

No card earns any bonus from Simon purchase. Not everyone wants cash back. In fact I would venture to say a majority of folks doing this don't do it for cash back, just like the 2 guys at your Simon.

yes MO in walmart cost less I mixed up with PO sorry

So in CVS onevanilla is the one to buy? is that the one I can buy MO at WM?

swiping the 5back card at CVS as debit or credit, does this matter? cashier enters the last 4 digits by the way

Chelski Jan 3, 2017 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27701039)
yes MO in walmart cost less I mixed up with PO sorry

So in CVS onevanilla is the one to buy? is that the one I can buy MO at WM?

swiping the 5back card at CVS as debit or credit, does this matter? cashier enters the last 4 digits by the way

This is the SM thread not WM, nor CVS, nor FB (other than purchasing FB at SM location).

uncommonsensical Jan 4, 2017 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 27700827)

for the love of god, would the rest of you put misterno research/ no common sense/ no initiative on ignore also so i don't have to keep seeing him quoted!? the sense of entitlement that FT is his MS concierge is palpable.

reading his posts conjures the same sense of MS doom as those pics of #@#*ing Emily in front of a gift card rack used to! make it stop...

lumangoy Jan 4, 2017 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa (Post 27703163)
Idk what to say to you anymore, as you keep asking the same questions over and over in multiple threads. As everyone else knows, this stuff is very location specific and is always YMMV. You need to try things compiled from all these threads and see what works best for you.

And a lot of us have have let him know to see what is best or him. :D

I like his idea of buying $200 FBs at OD then buying Paypal MyCash at CVS!

warreng24 Jan 4, 2017 10:36 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 27692515)
A lady and guy buys 19 cards each everyday at my local Simon mall according to a cashier I spoke with. I may have to do the same soon.

19 per day?!?!??!?! How in blazes do they manage to unload them? The Simon GC's don't seem to work at the USPS in my area nor at Walmart. AFAIK theres only one grocery store chain in the area that accepts debit GC for MO.

Happy Jan 4, 2017 10:37 am

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27702969)
I am.not trolling
​​​i have been here more than 5 years. You just dont want people to learn

​​​​​

If by now you still are unable to figure out things and keep mixing up things, my sincere suggestion to you is to "Forget About It." You do not have the ability to even comprehend the very basic concepts and keep mixing up things, demonstrate to me that you have a comprehension deficit because I am willing to give you a benefit doubt not classify you being a troll or being lazy. You just dont have the ability to comprehend things above certain level.

Apparently you also haven't done any ACTUAL transaction but keep asking the same things over and over and over again for the past 2 years in countless threads. At least if you have not done any actual thing yet, you have not caused damage to your financial health.

Again, this is to give you some benefits of doubt. Others already do not want to give you any more courtesy help. Take it as a friendly advice and stop posting all the nonsense all over the forum.

macrophage Jan 4, 2017 12:13 pm

Can we get back on topic please?

I have experienced shortages of FB GCs in my area. I hope blackhawk is still producing them...

xolinlevh Jan 4, 2017 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by warreng24 (Post 27703642)
19 per day?!?!??!?! How in blazes do they manage to unload them? The Simon GC's don't seem to work at the USPS in my area nor at Walmart. AFAIK theres only one grocery store chain in the area that accepts debit GC for MO.

Right? Id love to know how people can liquidate so much so quick. I have a WM or two that i can go to but thats it....

ChiTownChurner Jan 4, 2017 7:35 pm

I've Msed a bunch of OVGCs from CVS, but never a FB from Simon Malls. The lower activation fee is appealing, especially since I am trying to up my MS game. The nearest Simon Mall is about an hour away, and i did see that they were offered on the Simon Mall website. Any pitfalls or limitations when buying the FBs online? Not planning to buy an insane amount at a single time, maybe just 2-3 $500 FBs.

cdog999 Jan 4, 2017 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ChiTownChurner (Post 27706365)
Any pitfalls or limitations when buying the FBs online?

See below, I'm in the same boat as you with closest Simon about an hour away so maybe only get up to it once a month now...

Anyone that put in a recent online Simon purchase recieve their cards? Still waiting on my Simon 5 Back purchase from 12/25 that said delivered on 12/28. I wish the site didn't say "delivered" as it is very mis-leading since these just get sent via first class mail.

I'm trying to even recall if these cards get sent by Blackhawk?

Last time around in November I had to call of 3 orders I did not receive and they were all then resent to me and received within a week.

Chelski Jan 4, 2017 7:42 pm

Can all the Troll discussions be removed or is this now the troll thread?

dr_sharp Jan 4, 2017 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 27704956)
Right? Id love to know how people can liquidate so much so quick. I have a WM or two that i can go to but thats it....

Well... assuming 19 per day only from M through F, that is roughly 380 cards per month. Unloading this each day would mean you unload about 12 cards per day (weekends included). If it is a "guy and a girl" and we assume they both have drivers licenses, then all they need is 1 kid or other relative with a drivers license to unload that much each month at CVS (2k/day = 4 cards/day/person, ie 3 people = 12 cards/day). Then the MO part is easy.

cashcyclone Jan 4, 2017 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by misterno (Post 27706749)
just to let you guys know

the limit to unload paypal gcs is 4K per month per account

You can open several paypal accounts as long as they are linked to different bank accounts

so it can be same name same address same everything just the bank account has to be different

annddddd I am not a troll

you also have to pray PayPal will not close your accounts

AlohaDaveKennedy Jan 5, 2017 4:05 am

Also curious as to how anyone is still doing volume with Simon Metas. About all they seem good for in South Florida is scraping gum from your shoe. :p

Originally Posted by warreng24 (Post 27703642)

AlohaDaveKennedy Jan 5, 2017 4:10 am

Doable in theory only if your local CVS plays ball which is very YMMV.:cool:

Originally Posted by dr_sharp (Post 27706851)
Well... assuming 19 per day only from M through F, that is roughly 380 cards per month. Unloading this each day would mean you unload about 12 cards per day (weekends included). If it is a "guy and a girl" and we assume they both have drivers licenses, then all they need is 1 kid or other relative with a drivers license to unload that much each month at CVS (2k/day = 4 cards/day/person, ie 3 people = 12 cards/day). Then the MO part is easy.

Amex For Children Of Africa Jan 5, 2017 6:10 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 27707856)
Also curious as to how anyone is still doing volume with Simon Metas. About all they seem good for in South Florida is scraping gum from your shoe. :p

It's pretty obvious no? WM

cdog999 Jan 5, 2017 6:34 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 27707873)
Doable in theory only if your local CVS plays ball which is very YMMV.:cool:

Maybe they are just unloading some or most of the cards directly at W and giving up on the 5%. Plenty of people are still using Simon doing this. I know that's why I feel comfortable having a stack of 60 cards at the moment. If cvs pulls the plug these things just turn into regular vgcs.

macrophage Jan 5, 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by dr_sharp (Post 27706851)

So I need to take on babysitting. But only for kids with government identification. I wouldn't want to be assumed to be holding an illegal hostage!

ThePointsCollector Jan 5, 2017 9:12 pm

Can Simons be used in Wally to buy MOs or this is all over now?

ntjane66 Jan 6, 2017 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector (Post 27712726)
Can Simons be used in Wally to buy MOs or this is all over now?

yes