Wiki Posts
Search

Use CC for Real Estate Deal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Use CC for Real Estate Deal

Hi,

Two months ago was approved for an Amex SPG. Last week I requested a credit limit increase and was approved. I now need a portion of the funds for a real estate investment and would like to be able to borrow some even though I have a low CA limit. I have seen conflicting answers as to the ability to load a Amex Serve using SPG, is this possible?

I only have about $2000 left to get my introductory bonus. I would like to reach this limit and then borrow about the same amount for my investment. Is serve the way to go?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:30 am

Using a credit card as a loan is generally a bad idea, unless you plan on paying off your statement in full before it posts.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by reeceobryan
Hi,

Two months ago was approved for an Amex SPG. Last week I requested a credit limit increase and was approved. I now need a portion of the funds for a real estate investment and would like to be able to borrow some even though I have a low CA limit. I have seen conflicting answers as to the ability to load a Amex Serve using SPG, is this possible?

I only have about $2000 left to get my introductory bonus. I would like to reach this limit and then borrow about the same amount for my investment. Is serve the way to go?
You won't even get the spend done in time. It's $1000-1500 per month via cc
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:18 am

That's a really bad idea. All your profits from "real estate investment" will be eaten by interest on the CC and for cash advance it's huge.

Also: the amount if your "real estate investment" is shady and suspicious. Any good opportunity in RE begins with at least $50K and usually $200K or more. A $2K opportunity seems like a total rip-off. Don't do that.

As a general rule, if you don't have money you can "float" (i.e. super-extra savings that are not in 401K or black-day savings account), you don't invest them into anything. And definitely you don't borrow money from CC to invest. This is just stupid.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Meh - we did a $750.00 real estate deal involving a timeshare last week. A trial program, with a free week at a nice resort with no obligation to buy.

Back in the overheated California RE market days buying a home by cash advancing all your credit cards for the down payment on the day of closing was popular. You just attributed the funds to a relative via a "gift letter." Heck, the bankers were even in on it and we all know that bankers would never be caught doing illegal or shady deals.

[/I]
Originally Posted by abcpp
That's a really bad idea. All your profits from "real estate investment" will be eaten by interest on the CC and for cash advance it's huge.

Also: the amount if your "real estate investment" is shady and suspicious. Any good opportunity in RE begins with at least $50K and usually $200K or more. A $2K opportunity seems like a total rip-off. Don't do that.

As a general rule, if you don't have money you can "float" (i.e. super-extra savings that are not in 401K or black-day savings account), you don't invest them into anything. And definitely you don't borrow money from CC to invest. This is just stupid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.