Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

How did the Target memo (official Redbird death) story broke out on 10/13/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How did the Target memo (official Redbird death) story broke out on 10/13/15

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by NoonRadar; Oct 17, 2020 at 12:05 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by NoonRadar; Jun 23, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:14 pm

No one cares about your breaking news dude, sorry. And those guides you are talking about have been written 200x already
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:19 pm

fwiw, I was the first one who reported that the csr said no more debit loads. I called because of a failed load.

I didn't think of anything at that time, until there were reports of multiple folks not able to load with debits.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:20 pm

Congratulations! So, now your legacy is to be known as the person who whined about not getting due credit for breaking the story first. Well done!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: many
Breaking news!! OP has an inferiority complex he needs to compensate for!! One, big, YAWN!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:33 pm

This thread did not go the way OP anticipated.

lol
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:34 pm

Quick, somebody get OP in front of the Pulitzer committee so his accomplishments can be rightfully recognized.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:35 pm

blogger integrity?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoonRadar
What baffles me about this (how the story was portrayed to have been broken and by whom) is that some of these bloggers are very reputable, so I would have not expected it from them.
I would have expected it.

"Reputable" is not a word I'd use with very many bloggers. Majority are link-posters who draw value from reposting someone else's work, they just repackage it. Original research is not common. Anyhow, sober up and move on!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:39 pm

LOL I think this is pretty funny and I think longer than your actual RB death posting. Oh the irony.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Seriously? Someone posted your breaking news story on a different forum last night and our first reaction was: who is this dude? Nobody was aware that you existed. We started to believe what had happened after another - "reputable" - blogger with an established track record posted the same memo. Who cares! Hundreds or maybe thousands of people have other problems right now then debating who broke the news.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Many of these mainline blogs are not published or operated by the sole blogger any more they have staff, some staff just do and don't know how to reference where they got the material.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
FWIW, thanks NoonRadar. As soon as I read your post, I cancelled my RB and applied for a BB. Since there are a ton of people converting over, I'm hoping that your early posting of the information helped me get toward the front of the BB queue.

I thought it was ironically funny that Ariana (pointchaser.com) tried to claim in her blog that she kinda broke the story two weeks ago due to being unable to load in Roseville, CA. I don't know how many individual loading problems I've read over the last few months so I didn't (and still don't) consider her one day loading problems to be proof that RB was going to be dead for loading GCs - if that metric were to be used, I could reference a lot of previous posts of people being unable to load.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riversidetom
This thread did not go the way OP anticipated.

lol
Ha, I really didn't have any anticipation; I was just venting out.

I was going to initially post it as a comment on the Redbird thread, but I know many people are still reading that for pertinent info (what to do next, etc) so didn't seem fare for them to necessarily have to scroll through my rant to get the info/comments they were looking for. So I figured I'd post it separately, that way people who didn't care to didn't have to read it.

Like I said, I am aware that me taking space here to indulge on my rant is not helpful to people MS-ing, hence I apologized for it. If anything I expected fewer comments because of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.