FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   VISA Buxx (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644843-visa-buxx-2015-a.html)

chaser123 Jan 6, 2015 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by zach1201 (Post 24113750)
I had 2 total US Bank VB cards, under one parent account. My wife was the parent and the two accounts were one under her name and one under my name.

Oh no. All my USB VB cards have the same name and SS. I was so happy it worked. Now I know its a matter of time. And I don't immidiatly offload. I have to think about this.

Thanks for the info.

Songer5 Jan 6, 2015 3:40 pm

So not sure I should edit/update the Wiki, but on the NW Buxx card, I was able to use my Citi DoubleCash card WITHOUT being hit with a Cash Advance.

BUT, when my statement closed, Citi told me that I would (a) earn 1% back on my NW Buxx GC purchase, but (b) NOT earn the other 1% on the payment.

I don't know if Citi actually knows what they're doing (or how accurate the CSR was), but until I hear otherwise, I'm gonna go with another card other than Citi DC to load Buxx.

aarif1 Jan 6, 2015 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5 (Post 24114287)
BUT, when my statement closed, Citi told me that I would (a) earn 1% back on my NW Buxx GC purchase, but (b) NOT earn the other 1% on the payment.

How did Citi tell you this, and did you verify it yourself? Citi reps and pretty unreliable, and it seems weird that the card would allow for that kind of control over the cashback.

Songer5 Jan 6, 2015 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1 (Post 24114410)
How did Citi tell you this, and did you verify it yourself? Citi reps and pretty unreliable, and it seems weird that the card would allow for that kind of control over the cashback.

I got my DC statement back and it was missing some $ on the Payment part of the cash back (though not the full amount of the Buxx Load). I called in. The CSR was confused as well and did a bunch of research. 10 days later (today) she called me with the explanation from her rewards team. Again, as I mentioned, I don't have 100% confidence she was giving me accurate info, but that's just what I was told. So I'm just going to use my Barclays Arrival+ on this one.

Like everything else here, YMMV.

fungusamungus Jan 6, 2015 5:17 pm

I did get a load error on my second load towards the beginning of the month. I have two US Bank cards, and I load one at the beginning of the months and another towards the back half. The first load went fine and I had to add another card to complete the load. Luckily the Arrival had different card numbers for AU so I still was able to charge to the same account.

zach1201 Jan 6, 2015 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 24114060)
So are you going to call USB about the PFRAUD account status?

And be a poor steward of this hobby? I think not.

mizzou1 Jan 8, 2015 8:58 am

Is there a spend limit per purchase transaction for US Buxx? Can I offload all $2000 in one purchase transaction? I read the wiki and US Buxx's T&C and it seems there is no limit on the paper, is there any in practice?

dukerau Jan 8, 2015 9:29 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1 (Post 24125208)
Is there a spend limit per purchase transaction limit for US Buxx? Can I offload all $2000 in one purchase transaction? I read the wiki and US Buxx's T&C and it seems there is no limit on the paper, is there any in practice?

Yes, you can spend $2000 in one purchase with US Buxx.

bar19900 Jan 8, 2015 12:41 pm

us buxx backdoor app is gone right? or is there still a way?

akoichig Jan 8, 2015 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 24125440)
Yes, you can spend $2000 in one purchase with US Buxx.

However, PIN-based transactions have a $1,000 limit.

ILGfly Jan 8, 2015 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by akoichig (Post 24126868)
However, PIN-based transactions have a $1,000 limit.

No they don't.

ericdabbs Jan 8, 2015 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900 (Post 24126809)
us buxx backdoor app is gone right? or is there still a way?

Nope there is no way to get a USBuxx card now. Thank those that ruined it for everyone else.

Navybones Jan 8, 2015 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by zach1201 (Post 24115318)

I dont think the error will clear on its own. I waited about 3 weeks then called. They just wanted to confirm that a couple "purchases" were authorized purchases, and then the account went back to normal. It was acutally a simple call that lasted about 5 minutes top.

Zamboni Driver Jan 8, 2015 1:39 pm

Zach, the PFRAUD flag stands for "Potential Fraud." Your account is suspended while in this state, and you cannot make any transaction (add/withdraw money) until they complete their investigation. At the end of the investigation, they will either reinstate your account or close it.

I had gone through this on another account, so I am pretty sure the above is accurate (diff bank acct though). You probably won't be able to speak with anyone in the dept that's actually reviewing your account, so you cannot really plead the case - unless they come back to you and ask for more info.

FWIW, they closed my account after about 4 weeks after it went into the PFRAUD status.

PM me with questions, if you think I can help in any way.

lapointsguy Jan 8, 2015 6:05 pm

If it helps, I had PFRAUD appear after a failed transaction at Walmart. I didn't call and after about 7-10 days it cleared and went back to ACTIVE. So don't lose hope!