FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   VISA Buxx (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644843-visa-buxx-2015-a.html)

jptravels4fun Jan 21, 2015 8:54 am

thanks guys for info.....

jptravels4fun Jan 21, 2015 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 24202395)
Me too, however, for some reason, Club Carlson Business card doesn't work (rejected), but personal does.

I just did the CC business and it worked...who knows...

Songer5 Jan 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5 (Post 24140950)
I wouldn't call it "resolved." The CSR gave me a statement credit to make me whole, but also informed me that (according to the Citi Rewards team), I'm not supposed to get my 1% on "payments related to gift card spend."

Frankly, that didn't make sense to me given (a) I would think it'd be easier to track and exclude on the "purchase" side and (b) the missing amount was $0.71 which translated to $71 of payments when the NW Buxx loads were always $502.

FYI, I just got a written letter from Citi dated Jan 7, 2015 stating as follows:

"While we will allow purchased gift cards to earn the purchase reward, they are excluded from earning the payment reward."

ericdabbs Jan 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5 (Post 24217443)
FYI, I just got a written letter from Citi dated Jan 7, 2015 stating as follows:

"While we will allow purchased gift cards to earn the purchase reward, they are excluded from earning the payment reward."

Hmm...sounds like Citi DC isn't good for using with Buxx.

esw30 Jan 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Has anyone tried to load TD Buxx with the TD Aeroplan card? If so, did you earn rewards for it? Thanks!

ACVid Jan 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5 (Post 24217443)

Citi DC is categorizing NWBuxx as a financial institution. I am wondering if thats the reason it is not giving full 2%CB. Anyone getting their CB trimmed when loading with USBuxx, which is not coded as FI by Citi?

bobby21 Jan 26, 2015 10:07 am

I just got the club carlson card, the wiki says us bank cards don't give points, yet there are reports to the contrary - is the wiki inaccurate? Did people get the spend bonus after loading US BUxx recently? I am looking to meet the minimum spend.

picards007 Jan 27, 2015 10:05 am

Originally Posted by esw30 (Post 24231785)
Has anyone tried to load TD Buxx with the TD Aeroplan card? If so, did you earn rewards for it? Thanks!

I recall seeing in the previous mega-thread that TD CC holders (their CB card and Aeroplan) did receive points/miles, but have not seen a recent data point. Do you have the TD Aeroplan card? Thinking I might get it to start using these Buxx cards again and to bump up my Star Alliance mileage total if the loads award points.

FormallyKnownAs Jan 27, 2015 3:46 pm

I know there's not much of us left out there, but for anyone who can activate a new US Buxx card, if you forget to set the pin, you need to use a different number:

888-314-2899 - Activation number
888-310-2899 - Customer service number (press 5 to change pin)

vwks2006 Jan 29, 2015 9:45 am

I was just told by JP Morgan fraud services that for my Ritz card the Nationwide buxx came in as a cash advance. Is this normal operating procedure for Nationwide or does anyone else use NBuxx for MS here? lol I was thinking it might work for me, but not if it codes as cash advance.

indelible Jan 29, 2015 9:55 am

Originally Posted by KennyS2006 (Post 24256792)
I was just told by JP Morgan fraud services that for my Ritz card the Nationwide buxx came in as a cash advance. Is this normal operating procedure for Nationwide or does anyone else use NBuxx for MS here? lol I was thinking it might work for me, but not if it codes as cash advance.

well nationwide is a financial institution

greatname Jan 29, 2015 9:59 pm

I used my Ritz card to load NW as well and it went to sucessfully for the past three times WITHOUT cash advance fee. Last time I loaded was 1/15. Did they change how they count as cash advance?

Maybe some else can provider further insight on this...

vwks2006 Jan 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by greatname (Post 24260366)
I used my Ritz card to load NW as well and it went to sucessfully for the past three times WITHOUT cash advance fee. Last time I loaded was 1/15. Did they change how they count as cash advance?

Maybe some else can provider further insight on this...

I'm hoping that it won't count as one when it hits... but we'll see. Never taken a cash advance so I have no idea what fees I might be in for.

Travel4Points Feb 7, 2015 7:41 am

Anyone still doing these?

I'm late to the game so the only one I'd qualify for is NW Buxx at a cost of $4/ mo for a measly 1000 points. (Maybe times 2):confused::confused: Not sure it's worth the hassle.

metoo Feb 7, 2015 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21 (Post 24236528)
I just got the club carlson card, the wiki says us bank cards don't give points, yet there are reports to the contrary - is the wiki inaccurate? Did people get the spend bonus after loading US BUxx recently? I am looking to meet the minimum spend.

I tested it out and I did not get points using Club Carlson Biz card